over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lions Mane and Lithium Orotate

Do your own research... but I think there are a ton of misconceptions about it.

I didn't mean it in a negative way. I saw your posts on Facebook and planned on looking into it. Especially after somebody in the comments said it lowered their resting heart rate

^^^^^
That

I would have to check these supplements out to see how much lithium is in them but lithium in small natural amounts is super healthy and natural. the healthiest populations on earth many times have lithium in their water naturally in that area. Higher amounts is different but that is not i am talking about

Because when it is consumed in dosages higher than those found naturally in food and water, it can be extremely damaging to the body and has lead to numerous deaths. I've seen first-hand the damage it can do (decades ago when I worked in a drug rehab/mental health hospital) and more recently when someone I personally know died from it due to cardiovascular issues.

Lithium is toxic to the body and can lead to organ damage in numerous organs. It is certainly not a substance one should take lightly. There is a reason that lithium prescribed patients are closely monitored via blood work and physiological counseling.

:yeahthat:

OK... don't get me wrong, I understand the purpose of this thread is to discuss LOW DOSAGES lithium, and that it's what Shelby and a few others both very knowledgeable and respectable folks advocate (good to see you posting again btw, Shelby :);))... BUT BUT BUT... my personal experience with lithium, or rather what I saw in close friends over the years, was DRAMATIC enough to convince me to stay away from it no matter what... a simple mistake of a few milligrams too much in the dosing, and your life will never be the same again. If you can call it "life"... :(

Long story short. About 12 years ago a past gf of mine (she was about 30 by then) lost her parents in a car accident, and with them the successful business the family was running. Fell in terrible depression, was put by her GP on traditional antidepressants, but nothing seemed to work. So bad that the doc decides to send her to a psychatrist, whose first decision is to put her on lithium (can't remember the dose). In just a few weeks she gets so tired that indeed her brain gets like anesthetized... doesn't think about bad things anymore, but actually doesn't think anymore at all... the definition of a zombie. :( That's when it gets even worse. Faced with that situation, docs decide to send her to a psychatric hospital... where she's given even more lithium... like DOZENS of patients on the same floor her room was in. First time I'm allowed to pay her a visit, about two months after she was admitted, I thought I entered the wrong room... she was hardly recognizable... went from being extremely pretty and fit to... :eek: well, to... easily 50lbs more and a face aged 20 years... so sad I retained my tears when I saw her. :( Could hardly talk, let alone express a coherent thought. So heartbreaking I left after 20 min wondering what "THEY " had done to her... and to most of the patients there, for looking around inside other rooms all I could see was people deprived from the least sign of life.

She died from a stroke about one month later. :cool:

Moral of the story? You better not make any mistake on your lithium dose if you ever decide to walk that path. I know I never will.

:yeahthat:

OK... don't get me wrong, I understand the purpose of this thread is to discuss LOW DOSAGES lithium, and that it's what Shelby and a few others both very knowledgeable and respectable folks advocate (good to see you posting again btw, Shelby :);))... BUT BUT BUT... my personal experience with lithium, or rather what I saw in close friends over the years, was DRAMATIC enough to convince me to stay away from it no matter what... a simple mistake of a few milligrams too much in the dosing, and your life will never be the same again. If you can call it "life"... :(

Long story short. About 12 years ago a past gf of mine (she was about 30 by then) lost her parents in a car accident, and with them the successful business the family was running. Fell in terrible depression, was put by her GP on traditional antidepressants, but nothing seemed to work. So bad that the doc decides to send her to a psychatrist, whose first decision is to put her on lithium (can't remember the dose). In just a few weeks she gets so tired that indeed her brain gets like anesthetized... doesn't think about bad things anymore, but actually doesn't think anymore at all... the definition of a zombie. :( That's when it gets even worse. Faced with that situation, docs decide to send her to a psychatric hospital... where she's given even more lithium... like DOZENS of patients on the same floor her room was in. First time I'm allowed to pay her a visit, about two months after she was admitted, I thought I entered the wrong room... she was hardly recognizable... went from being extremely pretty and fit to... :eek: well, to... easily 50lbs more and a face aged 20 years... so sad I retained my tears when I saw her. :( Could hardly talk, let alone express a coherent thought. So heartbreaking I left after 20 min wondering what "THEY " had done to her... and to most of the patients there, for looking around inside other rooms all I could see was people deprived from the least sign of life.

She died from a stroke about one month later. :cool:

Moral of the story? You better not make any mistake on your lithium dose if you ever decide to walk that path. I know I never will.

This is terrible to hear, of course - but I can pretty much guarantee this is lithium carbonate, and in a higher dose than what we're talking about here. You can find countless negative discussions of lithium carbonate online, and countless positive discussions of lithium orotate online. Lithium carbonate requires a prescription (and CAN be very helpful, but I hear about a lot of negatives) while lithium orotate is not prescription at all - you can go pick up a bottle from any Vitamin Shoppe.
Like anything in life, do your own research and be careful because preconceptions are very often misconceptions.

Prescription lithium is prescribed at a starting dosage of 900mg, I believe. That translates to almost 180mg of elemental lithium per day.

Lithium orotate delivers 5mg elemental lithium per dose. Honestly, this is comparing apples to steak.

There are studies I've read before regarding areas that have higher levels of lithium in the drinking water. These areas have lower levels of drug addiction. Been a while since I've read up on it, but the comparison to the ultra high prescription dosages is irrelevant, I think.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks for chiming in on this Shelby. Been reading on it since created this post and decided I will give it a go. Ordered 60 5mg capsules, so will report back with my findings.
My gf will be on it as well, she surely need something for her mood :p

Like anything in life, do your own research and be careful because preconceptions are very often misconceptions.

This is actually very true. :)

"My" experience with Lithium (probably Carbonate as you outlined) was so horrific that I later refused to even just hear about it or have the least unbiased conversation on the topic... I'll gladly admit I'm not the most objective when it comes to this. ;)

Exactly. As you stated that way of thinking can be applied to everything in life. In bodybuilding far too many people can't think for themselves and they take in info and take that info for the complete truth. I have done the same years back regarding dnp. I see ignorant posts about the likes of insulin all the time too. Some drugs have the potential to be very dangerous though so sometimes completely avoiding them isn't a bad idea for many. But far too many say x person does this so we will copy them without ever thinking outside the boy or at the very least doing their own research.

I would have to check these supplements out to see how much lithium is in them but lithium in small natural amounts is super healthy and natural. the healthiest populations on earth many times have lithium in their water naturally in that area. Higher amounts is different but that is not i am talking about

Agreed. Very low dosages is likely fine. The point I was trying to make is that it is not a benign substance regardless of dose. It can indeed be quite harmful at the dosages used for bipolar disorder.

https://youtu.be/mPqWstVnRjQ

Great video about the benefits of lions mane helping with conditions such as dementia.

Paul stamets is def the expert in this area and worth looking up

just for an opposing story. lol

had a friend a while back who was diagnosed as bipolar, etc.
he was a different person with n without "meds" lithium in particular.
pretty weird n maniac like without and painfully normal with!:lightbulb:

have run into a few like this, to be fair they were also raging drugs addicts.

i have seen both sides in real life n to me its a scary drug.

ppl have tried to push lithium on me many times over the years and i have avoided like the plague.

think i tried it once way back and felt zombie like, as with many other things.

will never put this stuff into me.
:star-w:rs

Anyone still taking lithium orotate for brain health? I’ve read a lot of mixed reviews, from people saying it will turn you into a vegetable to claims that it’s for neurogenesis.

The people leaving negative feedback make the distinction between orotate and the prescription version, but add that even the orotate water can be potentially dangerous

Your thoughts?

I actually ordered Lithium Orotate off Amazon yesterday to give it a go. I'm really looking for calming and anti-anxiety effects, and of course the cognitive/neuro-protective benefits.

I'm nearing the end of a contest prep and I always find myself trying new supplements while dieting to fill the void from a lack of calories hah.

Lithium orotate 5mg and Memantine 10mg ED are my ancilliaries when Im running Tren. It pretty much gets rid of all the nasty mental effects, specially the OCD and agression. Both of which I have already when not cycling so take it with a grain of salt, although when not on Tren i can manage my OCD pretty well without both Memantine and Lithium Orotate

I use both. 2g of lion's mane ED (1g AM + 1g PM) and 10mg of lithium orotate ED (5mg AM + 5mg PM).

I noticed a more profound effect from the lithium. The lion's mane is also beneficial though (I took the lion's mane alone for several weeks before adding the lithium orotate).

The combo of the two has me in a better mood for much of the day.

I used Lions Mane for a good period and didn´t really notice much from it, but now that I think back it was a good period mentally, so maybe I should give it a go again.

Lithium O I didn´t notice anything at all from, but if I ever decide to run tren again, it will be in my arsenal. I did use a cheap UK brand, so maybe that´s why?

I use 5mg Lithium Orotate daily. It has been shown to extend life. It's super cheap too.

I was about to link the selfhacked article but Shelby beat me to it.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws