over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Local swelling injection site - Absorption issue

FranJ

Registered
Hi peeps!

Just a quick question, when an injection site gets red/swollen, or even infected does the steroid gets absorbed?

I've been discussing this with my partner, since his right quad has an small lump, it looks swollen, I told him that gear is absorbed anyway, but if it gets swollen or infected, absorption will just be slower.

Thanks.

The hormone still gets absorbed but just at a much slower rate. The irritation and swelling can come from a few sources, bacteria, medium being absorbed faster than the crystal and the crystal irritates muscle tissue and the last I can think of is just trauma from a needle puncturing muscle maybe at a bad angle or depth.

Heat the first two days and after that ice on and off as much as you can take. It will dissipate. If you continue to blow up on injection sites, refilter your gear, cut it with sterile oil or do injections of less volume per site. Solved similar problems in the past.

He needs to keep a close eye on that. It can go south REAL quick. I don't want to sound alarming but it could be an abscess. Look, anyone that injects themselves needs to have what I call is a bodybuilders first aid kit. You need to have Keflex 500mg caps AT ALL TIMES! You never know when you are going to need them!

-Baseline

when an injection site gets red/swollen, or even infected does the steroid gets absorbed?

No offense, but at this point absorption should be the least of your worries... :eek:

But otherwise yes, it's still absorbed... BizzyB11's post was perfect.

depends.
ive had swollen painful injects that gave me pip for like a week, then pain was gone and there was still a lump. happened when i injected spots too many times in a row with pip-heavy gear.

didnt go away until i drained it. was not infected whatsoever, but encapsulated oil and pus. i doubt that the gear got absorbed, but who knows? it was an oily substance in there, but who knows if the gear had dissipated out of it by the time the pain was gone.

btw i drained about 3 times as much as i had injected, so god knows how much got absorbed

Last edited:
That sounds pretty "normal" and safe ...I can only advise you guys NOT to pull stuff out of your body with needles and syringes. Abscess risk is pretty high.

what was he injecting? I have swelling and bad redness with test prop, takes about 3 or 4 days to go away

Hi peeps!

Just a quick question, when an injection site gets red/swollen, or even infected does the steroid gets absorbed?

I've been discussing this with my partner, since his right quad has an small lump, it looks swollen, I told him that gear is absorbed anyway, but if it gets swollen or infected, absorption will just be slower.

Thanks.

What is the carrier oil? If it's EO he may be allergic. The sponsor that I'm using uses coconut oil and it takes a noticeably longer time for the depot to be absorbed.

The hormone still gets absorbed but just at a much slower rate. The irritation and swelling can come from a few sources, bacteria, medium being absorbed faster than the crystal and the crystal irritates muscle tissue and the last I can think of is just trauma from a needle puncturing muscle maybe at a bad angle or depth.

Heat the first two days and after that ice on and off as much as you can take. It will dissipate. If you continue to blow up on injection sites, refilter your gear, cut it with sterile oil or do injections of less volume per site. Solved similar problems in the past.

Bad advice. If it's bacteria and you heat the area it will cause the bacteria to multiply 10x and he will wind up with cellulitis.

What is the carrier oil? If it's EO he may be allergic. The sponsor that I'm using uses coconut oil and it takes a noticeably longer time for the depot to be absorbed.

Bad advice. If it's bacteria and you heat the area it will cause the bacteria to multiply 10x and he will wind up with cellulitis.

this is what happened to me-it was cellulitis but when they did the culture it was clean, whatever got me did a lot of damage but was quick to kill with oral antibiotics

Very interesting guys.

There has been cases of lumps of oil/pus that need to be drained, steroid should be absorbed since that's determined by the ester, not the carrier, I'm wrong with this?

Why would an infection cause slow rate absorption? it would affect the clearance of the oil, but not the ester.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws