advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Looking for a job.. Solar Energy seems to be the future..

bigguns078

Registered
My buddy is heading a project at Rutgers University to put in a boatload of solar panels.. The government just approved the tax credit for solar energy.. I think it's a 30% refund on the total project.. He told me its almost impossible to find available solar panels.. He had been scraping them up from various companies to get the available resources for his project.. If you can find a job in solar energy.. I think you can make alot of money..

I think you are on the right track. I have a friend that makes a boatload selling companies "green electricity" and carbon credits. He is basically a brokerage although they are starting their own biomass fueled plant.

My buddy is heading a project at Rutgers University to put in a boatload of solar panels.. The government just approved the tax credit for solar energy.. I think it's a 30% refund on the total project.. He told me its almost impossible to find available solar panels.. He had been scraping them up from various companies to get the available resources for his project.. If you can find a job in solar energy.. I think you can make alot of money..

Solar! Solar is what bought my car this year! Solar has "bright" future, I recognized that long ago, companies like LDK solar, Akeena Solar, STP, FSLR, ENER, they have all been flying up and down.

Heres an article I wrote on Akeena Solar when it was in the $4/share range saying to buy, a little over 2 months later it hit $15, which I then said to sell. Trippling up is not a common thing in the market.

**broken link removed**

BigG if/when rather Barrack gets elected you already nailed it.. altern energy is the future. If you don't work directly with it, invest in it. Just wait for rock bottom with the market. Next time the DOW hits 8,000 its time to move it ;)

Somebody did that here in Chicago about 5 years back, seemed a bit too complicated and expensive to me. I think it was in Lincoln park. (affluent area on the North side). Anyway, the savings from what I heard were about 30% reduction in utilities. The problem is that it was fairly new, the panels themselves were pricy, and since they were new, approvals from the City for permits took a little longer.

I think that they actually had to submit the project to Developer services. Which is an independant Architectural/Engineering firm that the City sub-contracts to in order to expedite the building permit process. (which in itself is very time consuming and complicated) Not mention expensive! Developer services charges about $30,000 and up for some projects, that is just to review, keep in mind that the cost of the permit itself is seperate. But people with money and in a hurry won't mind paying extra.

Then again that was a long time ago, I haven't really heard too much more about it. But since I only work on my own projects, I have limited exposure to the permitting process.

My younger brother however, owns a building permit expediting company, I'm sure he's seen a lot more of this, and I am sure that approvals are a lot faster and they probably have a better system in place where inhouse Building department examiners can review these projects.

I will ask him today when I see him. Keep in mind I'm talking about Chicago, every city is different, but as far as obtaining permits goes, Chicago and New york City are the toughest.

I think that you are on the right track and eventually it will be very big. Not only that your city may not be as tough in issuing permits as Chicago and New York.
this type of power will probably become common, or even mandatory. So now is actually the best time to get into it. It sounds like a plan.

Last edited:
an interesting fact about solar panels is that around 95% of all panels ever installed are still operational...its a very long term energy source with little fuss...the future IMO is heat pumps...way more efficient than solar and demands less space and investment for the same power...alex

I've actually also seen an increase in solar companies searching for space for their operations here in Phoenix. There have been 3 companies that have toured a couple of my listings. Looks like they definitely want to ramp up solar!

Solar will continue to grow

On NPR a few months back, they did a story about a rep with a solar energy firm and he was making $100,000 per year. When the economy gets back on its feet, it will take off even more

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131