over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Low dose testo and decreased HDL

qkcam

Newbies
Hi
I hope you guys have some ideas. I take a low dose testo..i am a 46yr old female..i was taking 20mg week..i find it helps alot with some health "chronic fatigue" and depression issues.

my concern is prior to test my HDL was above 40 and after going on only 20mg a week my HDL dropped down to 28.. my tri's and LDL aren't too bad.

but i am concerned about this HDL so much so my worry is stressing the positive benefits i was getting on the T.. also my HCT tends to go up above 45% and the dr doesn't like that ..

how do i know if the HDL is really an issues and what can i do about it? thanks!

3g combined EPA/DHA from fish oil daily
1 Avocado daily
1/3cup Unroasted, Unsalted Almonds

(This is Alpha's HDL boosting protocol)

Virgin Unrefined Coconut Oil may also help.

Other Supplements:
Niacin (do not get flush-free as that simply does not work)
I Force Heart Help

thanks for the tips.. i do the omega's and almonds ..will work on avocado. also take niacin (although i had a dr tell me he used to take it and now the studies show it changes the numbers but doesn't effect the plaque and it can cause gout- and stomach issues- he was advising against it)

i also started taking Bergamonte Citrus just recently which is what i noticed is in the I Force Heart product- that was pretty encouraging to see.. so seems like i am doing all i can.. i hope the HDL comes up.. but becasue it is a side effect of the testo for me i am not sure it will

i really want to take a bit more testo..but i am not sure that would be good. i am starting to think it might be safer to run a "cycle" rather than just stay on a low dose for a long period of time.
thanks for the encouragement!

Hi
I hope you guys have some ideas. I take a low dose testo..i am a 46yr old female..i was taking 20mg week..i find it helps alot with some health "chronic fatigue" and depression issues.

my concern is prior to test my HDL was above 40 and after going on only 20mg a week my HDL dropped down to 28.. my tri's and LDL aren't too bad.

but i am concerned about this HDL so much so my worry is stressing the positive benefits i was getting on the T.. also my HCT tends to go up above 45% and the dr doesn't like that ..

how do i know if the HDL is really an issues and what can i do about it? thanks!

You need to exercise. Testosterone is 1/4 of the puzzle in resolving your issues, exercise, diet changes, activity level account for the other 3/4 of it.

You are now at a heavy smoker level have increase 3x your risk for cardiovascular disease.

How testosterone lowers HDL is still debatable. Could be mediated by hepatic lipase decreasing HDL-C, HDL 1 and HDL 3.

You have to involve some cardiovascular training along with weights. There a no supplements that will just increase it, well there is one but it is hard to find.

thanks for the tips.. i do the omega's and almonds ..will work on avocado. also take niacin (although i had a dr tell me he used to take it and now the studies show it changes the numbers but doesn't effect the plaque and it can cause gout- and stomach issues- he was advising against it)

i also started taking Bergamonte Citrus just recently which is what i noticed is in the I Force Heart product- that was pretty encouraging to see.. so seems like i am doing all i can.. i hope the HDL comes up.. but becasue it is a side effect of the testo for me i am not sure it will

i really want to take a bit more testo..but i am not sure that would be good. i am starting to think it might be safer to run a "cycle" rather than just stay on a low dose for a long period of time.
thanks for the encouragement!

A bit more testosterone MIGHT not make your levels any worse. I haven't seen any evidence to suggest it's linear. Now, taking 2grams might crash your HDL more...but who's to say there's much difference between 20 and 150-200 etc..

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear