over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

lowest test dosages to still promote muscle growth

Lenny

IFBB PRO / Featured Member/Kilo Klub
IFBB PROS
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
What do you think the lowest dosages of test (long lasting ester) per week would be efficient to still promoting muscle growth with proper training and nutrition? Is there to a low amount that would just be inadequate or not?

Lenny

What do you think the lowest dosages of test (long lasting ester) per week would be efficient to still promoting muscle growth with proper training and nutrition? Is there to a low amount that would just be inadequate or not?

This is something that you would have to experiment with. It is always better to use very little at first and get the most out of that. There are too many factors involved to say such and such an individual would need this amount to promote growth.

100-150mg of enanthate a week would probably put you at a high end "normal" level. this is what the enduro guys do, as they are so over-trained that their natty test levels are below that.

you will not get huge off of that dose. i've made gains in strength and body comp changes at that level,but i train more for athletic performance and not size. the reason i keep the dose low is to prevent excess size.

at low doses test is a highly individual thing. everyone's body has different levels of shgb and aromatase. many people will feel absolutely nothing off of a dose like that. you might be better off using a short ester like prop, and jimmying around with the dose (starting very low) to find the absolute minimum that works for you.

Too low and no you will not make any spectacular gains, Too high a dose and the same applies. But as Phil said, start with the smallest amount and go for a few weeks on that. Gauge how you feel and how your strength is going. if you need to then go up by 50mg/wk and see where that gets you. But generally fa seeshus wasd pretty close with the doses he posted. Start with 100mg/wk. This would be almost a standard HRT/TRT protocol from your GP.

Believe it or not, my very first cycle (and bear with me as this was more than a little while ago) I weighed like 170 lbs. (I had already been lifting, trying to eat properly, and made my way up from about 145 lbs naturally). I used Test Cyp at 300 mgs wk 1, 300 mgs wk 2, and 200 mgs for the last 7 wks (this is what was recommended to me then) and I actually ended up just about 196 or so and pretty hard (to the best of my recollection). Of course today, well, today, for me, it's a different story.

Believe it or not, my very first cycle (and bear with me as this was more than a little while ago) I weighed like 170 lbs. (I had already been lifting, trying to eat properly, and made my way up from about 145 lbs naturally). I used Test Cyp at 300 mgs wk 1, 300 mgs wk 2, and 200 mgs for the last 7 wks (this is what was recommended to me then) and I actually ended up just about 196 or so and pretty hard (to the best of my recollection). Of course today, well, today, for me, it's a different story.

Same. First cycle 250mg Enth/wk for 10 weeks = 30lbs. Ahh those were the days.... now if i wasnt so stupid.. i would have done PCT and kept training hard and kept some of it lol

200mgs every seven days is enough to keep you full and give you great pumps in the gym...and in my opinion you can grow off that. Have you ever had your levels checked at 200mgs a week? More than likely they will come back well above normal.

"This is straight from the mouth of a I.F.B.B. World pro, "200-250mg. a week, no more!"

As long as it wasn't Lee Priest I would be interested. Was it?

300 to 400 mg seems to be enough to grow on for me -- no question about that. I was embarrassed how much I grew during a "cruise" when I improved my diet. Live and learn...

valhalla, i would guess that he was probably doing a bit of other compounds.. like the others have said , do the minimal amount to get a response.. just a guess but, maybe 300 or so week.. every one if different.. but, the first time there isd no need to do a big dose.. the body will respond..;)

I do very well using one Sustanon a week. Very long acting in the system, something to consider...

What is truly notable is that only on this board would you even find so many agreeing on such low doses to start. To me, that is refreshing and speaks to the actual intellegence and real world knowledge of the members here.

I agree with the general consensus here. 200-250 mg a week would more than enough. Your test levels will be high, but not outrageous, you will look good, feel good, your blood work will be easier to keep in line. If your training and diet are on, you will grow.

i have done 250 a week and i was fine and at that dose i did not need pct.:D

On HRT....

Im doing 200mg every 5 days....and I feel great. I am 260lbs again and I feel a million times better then when I was on 2grams/week! My weight is similar and my strength is right there. Granted I had alot of muscle memory helping me put all the size back, but my blood test shows a slightly higher then normal T level and I feel if diet and training are spot on then 200mg is more then enough.

Think of it this way, we all know the genetic freak in the gym who NEVER touched the stuff yet he is jacked and ripped. My theory is along with their great genetics they probably have a higher then normal test level. Just a thought, but I think I am correct.

For newbies as Phil said, always start off with the minimal amount necessary so it gives you room to play with bigger doses if need be. As for the older guys I think with all the muscle memory we have, once the decision is made to stop doing heavy cycles, the same applies... USE THE LEAST AMOUNT NECESSARY TO DO THE JOB

100-150mg of enanthate a week would probably put you at a high end "normal" level. this is what the enduro guys do, as they are so over-trained that their natty test levels are below that.

you will not get huge off of that dose. i've made gains in strength and body comp changes at that level,but i train more for athletic performance and not size. the reason i keep the dose low is to prevent excess size.

at low doses test is a highly individual thing. everyone's body has different levels of shgb and aromatase. many people will feel absolutely nothing off of a dose like that. you might be better off using a short ester like prop, and jimmying around with the dose (starting very low) to find the absolute minimum that works for you.

For athletic training and sports....do you think taking 150mgs of test a week is better than lets say EQ? If the goal was to stay light, up your strength, recover from lengthywork outs, and increase your cardio?

For athletic training and sports....do you think taking 150mgs of test a week is better than lets say EQ? If the goal was to stay light, up your strength, recover from lengthywork outs, and increase your cardio?

If I were doing something requiring endurance, personally, I would want some winny in there - that shit gives me wind for days.

Apro, For athletic performance and endurance, if I were doing about 200 mg of test, how much winny would you do? I am going to try this, but I am concerned about winny drying out my joints and potentially leading to injury. If I did a lower dose of winny, like 20-25mg/ day would that be enough to see endurance benefits?

Apro, For athletic performance and endurance, if I were doing about 200 mg of test, how much winny would you do? I am going to try this, but I am concerned about winny drying out my joints and potentially leading to injury. If I did a lower dose of winny, like 20-25mg/ day would that be enough to see endurance benefits?

Yeah I tried the winny at 20mgs orals a day. I felt strong, recovery was great, no real difference as far as cardio goes, but I felt prone to injury - joints. I've taken 200mgs of EQ a week with good success at staying healthy, keeping my weight down, etc. but with these guys like Landis testing pos for test, I'm wondering if its just best to take a low dose of test?

^ did the EQ have a noticeable effect on your cardiovacular endurance?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws