over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

man down...MAN DOWN!!

If you think what you performed is anyhting like the technique used in this guys video, you need to take a closer more critical look. He pops the weight gets under it quickly and rebounds using a 12-18 inch range of motion. You dropped like a stone from full leg extension with no control of the weight. You are lucky both knees did not go with the quad. Pull up some video of Shane Hamman. He too drops quickly to utilize the rebound effect but he remains under control. It is not a freefall. You had no control what-so-ever once your legs unlocked. Quite honestly I cringed when I watched the video. Get healthy and then get some help with your technique. There is no doubt you are a strong guy.

Everybody loves a comeback!!! Best of luck to you

PWR

For you 415 lbs is alot that's obvious. Nothing for powerlifter. You are very defensive. Never said it was alot of weight...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

If you think what you performed is anyhting like the technique used in this guys video, you need to take a closer more critical look. He pops the weight gets under it quickly and rebounds using a 12-18 inch range of motion. You dropped like a stone from full leg extension with no control of the weight. You are lucky both knees did not go with the quad. Pull up some video of Shane Hamman. He too drops quickly to utilize the rebound effect but he remains under control. It is not a freefall. You had no control what-so-ever once your legs unlocked. Quite honestly I cringed when I watched the video. Get healthy and then get some help with your technique. There is no doubt you are a strong guy.

PWR
you are somewhat delirious. i drop fast. that is how i do and and always have. there is no "loss of control" whatsoever. watch again and tell me where you see me "lose control
' of the weight aside from the part where i dump it off my shoulders.

For you 415 lbs is alot that's obvious. Nothing for powerlifter. You are very defensive. Never said it was alot of weight...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
considering i only weigh 175lbs yes, for me that is a LOT of weight. lets remember something elese. this is a powerlifting meet, not a beauty contest.

I wanna hear what ripp says

I say if you enjoy the sport then your ok .

I'm sure everyone has room to improve form or way they train or eat .
Your there and look good , move good weight .

Heal up and do what you do
DWBO

back to the ortho this morning for reading of the mri and treatment plan. crosses fingers that no surgical steel will be involved!

back to the ortho this morning for reading of the mri and treatment plan. crosses fingers that no surgical steel will be involved!

I hope you heal quickly and are able to get back to doing the type of lifting you enjoy.

I will say that I think you may want to rethink your eccentric speeds as others have been saying. Although Olympic lifts are performed fast - Olympic lifts are not powerlifts. The amount you can powerclean or C & J is substantially less than you can back squat. Had you been using a weight you could safely move in any Olympic lift instead of 415lbs your quad would likely not have torn.

The quad rapidly stretching under a heavy load is clearly what placed it under enough tension to tear it. A slower stretch or a lighter load and you would still be intact today.

I have had a lot of injuries and at 35 I have just decided to say fuck it when it comes to really heavy weight. I will probably never squat, bench, or dead more than three plates again, but I am fine with that. I can still make progress, perform well, and I am stonger than 99% of dudes out there. I would just rather stay healthy than move superhuman weight in the gym.

You have a great physique, you're obviously very strong, and are probably in better general athletic shape due to crossfit than almost any of the posters here. At 41 I would be trying to maintain and make small improvements rather than pushing one-rep maxes. Using max loads is simply a question of when you will get injured rather than if.

Just something to think about. Good luck with your recovery.

Wiz, I'm a converted bodybuilder to crossfitter so I see where you are trying to defend yourself and I understand your position.

The issue lies where you are trying to compare a CnJ or even a full squat snatch to a lbbs (or high, whatever you use). With a CnJ you are both using less weight AND you are also not dropping from full lockout (standing w load) to a full squat. On the CnJ, the initial load is traveling up and you drop underneath the bar. There is FAR less FORCE being pushed onto your legs when you catch it. With the full back squat you're allowing the load to start as high as possible and drop with far more force than a CnJ so you can't even compare the two. You catch it in the hole, yes, but you're not allowing 400+lbs to come crushing down on you as you did in the back squat.

I'm assuming you haven't competed in many strength competitions either just based on what I've read. You probably haven't performed hundreds of reps at high weight using the quick drop that you did. You're body just wasn't ready to support that sort of load.

Keep your oly lifts fast but please dear god don't drop like that on a back squat haha.

i appreciate the constructive crtisism. i wont lie, my training partners and coaches have all tried to get me to slow my descent to just below the hip and drive from there. they think i will add weight, my theory is drop out and get the bounce. as we can all see here my theory failed. i am seeing the best orthopedic surgeon (he works for he miami marlins;:) surgery is unnecessary., i did tear the shit out of my leg with one severe partial tear,two partial tears and a partial tear at the junction of the muscle/tentdon. im lucky to be able to avaoid surgery. i got on the stationary bike today (recomnended by doc) with zero resistance for 20 minutes. the first 5-7 revolutions were terrible painful. once i got going iw was ok. i will do this 3x/week along with some upper body work.
he say one year i will have full strength but some deformities at the tear sites. fortunately i am not a body builder and i mostly wear board/knee length shorts.

so..al in all, yes i will change my descent. the only reason i didnt change for theis meet was because it was a (kind of) last minute decisoin to sihn up. i wasnt ready to start trying to change my lifting technique just a few weeks before the meet. lesson learned!

and if you look at the fucking overall results i could have been in third with a fucked up leg in the middleweights. lol! i did take eighth out of 16 having to complete tow lifts a9becn and dl) aith a torn quad. :headbang:

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
PenguinPiss
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner