over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Man drowns while saving my 6 year old

knucklehed

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
With all the recent tragedy it's difficult to tell this story but:

The Mrs. and I were in Chicago at the Jr. Nationals when I got a call from my sister which ended our good times, and changed our perspectives. We left our 2 boys with my parents who were taking them camping. They were fishing in Hells Canyon when my 6 year old son Jonah fell from the dock into a deceptively strong current. My 64 year old mother was just steps away. Jonah popped up about 6 feet out from the dock and went back under. Without hesitation my mom jumped in after him. She was able to get a hold of him, but struggled to stay above water. Moments later a woman (6 months pregnant) jumped in to help, followed by her husband. As they struggled 2 more men followed them into the river. My father hearing the screams from the camp site, ran down to the river and was able to cut a rope from a boat .He threw it to a man struggling with my son on his back and was able to pull them to safety. All the rescuers and my son managed to escape the river, except the 21 year old who jumped in fully clothed wearing heavy welding boots. His body was recovered the following day. My wife, two sons and I just returned from his funeral in Oregon. We spent some time with the families, letting them meet my young son Jonah. The gentleman-hero left behind a 20 year old wife and 1 year old son named Carson. We have established a donation fund to help the family.
It’s the TJ. Tully memorial fund at US Bank

News story: **broken link removed**

News reel: **broken link removed**

Very tragic,
That is the definition of a true hero right there. He put no regard for his safety in front of your son's. Although a tragic loss of an extraordinary human it is a good story of human sacrifice to save a life. He will always be remembered for his selfless act of bravery and that he has saved a young life.

I am so very sorry for your sad news but there has to be a positive light on this. He gave his life so that a newer life would continue on. May he Rest In Peace.

Very tragic,
That is the definition of a true hero right there. He put no regard for his safety in front of your son's. Although a tragic loss of an extraordinary human it is a good story of human sacrifice to save a life. He will always be remembered for his selfless act of bravery and that he has saved a young life.

I am so very sorry for your sad news but there has to be a positive light on this. He gave his life so that a newer life would continue on. May he Rest In Peace.

Well Said

some people are born heroes and he was one of them. may he RIP

Very tragic,

When I read the thread headline that is exactly what I said to myself. People may say what they want about us but there are still great people out there. I am so glad your son is alive and well and I truley beleive that that man got the express route to heaven. rest in peace

I am so sorry. That is terrible news. What a man though. A true hero.

couple things....

one...very happy your son made it....
two...glad for those who jumped in after him....
three...that man died a hero's death ....we should all be so lucky. godspeed.

Unbelievable. I'm glad to hear your son is ok and very sad to hear about the gentleman who is gone. :(

mixed emotion

so very glad your son is safe.....so sad for the hero

Thank God your son is Ok. Very sad for the young man that lost is life, my condolences to his family.

Man thats terrible news, im glad to hear your son is ok and doing well,as others have already said the young man died a heros death,all the negativity that you hear and see it make it easy to forget that most people are good people,something like this makes you step back and realize what is really important in this short fragile life.

Amazing. Your son saved. A young man died. Inspiring.
My condolences to his family.

OMG

I just read this.....I'm very sorry.....thats horrible! But thank God about your son........I can only say you and your wife are lucky and are honorable for doing something very special in the mans memory.

Having those heavy boots on had to be what did it. I once went water wading in some shallow rapids, but the rocks were sharp, so we all wore shoes. I made the mistake of getting into some deeper water and got swept down stream into even deeper water. I couldn't stay above water for shit because of those shoes. But I was able to kick them off of my feet and, once they were off, could easily swim to the bank. I imagine boots would be very difficult to deal with in a situation like that.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear