over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Metformin year round?

Metaformin is a prescription drug and not a OTC supplement.

Let's first understand that Metformin will not make you hypo. I think it's a great drug……however, I wouldn't use it year round. You us that take test …metformin won't affect test levels.

Let's first understand that Metformin will not make you hypo. I think it's a great drug……however, I wouldn't use it year round. You us that take test …metformin won't affect test levels.
Check your pm's....been trying to get a hold of you for months dude.

Met year round is great if you are on aas (or cruise test), even better if combined with GH/Slin/IGF. If you are a natural athelete I wouldn't take it tbh.

wow. Disbelief over here metformin is proven to reduce IGF levels. Think about it , and how it works. If it effects glucose uptake in the intestines and suppresses glucose production in the liver then its in laymen terms for you. Jesse did amillion and 1 tests on igf 1 everytime he ate carbs and got his readings even pinning rips it was 200+ then compared with little or no carbs. (LOOK IT UP) or better do them yourself.

Unless mike arnold starts posting up actually studies , your pretty much just taking his experience as proof. Thats all well but Im not convinced and I have used it my self so I do have personal experience. Ive stated yea it increases insulin sensitivity my HBa1c proves that with a 3 month run of it but I was pooping a storm , had uncontrollable gas and ofcourse lost weight. Which I stated you can increase your HBa1c without metformin by loosing weight.

I would love to see studies of people who have gained weight on metformin seriously.

Is metformin amazing sure is, if you flop off your diet it can help you, post slin cycle it can help you. Running gh (i cant answer that)

wow. Disbelief over here metformin is proven to reduce IGF levels. Think about it , and how it works. If it effects glucose uptake in the intestines and suppresses glucose production in the liver then its in laymen terms for you. Jesse did amillion and 1 tests on igf 1 everytime he ate carbs and got his readings even pinning rips it was 200+ then compared with little or no carbs. (LOOK IT UP) or better do them yourself.

Unless mike arnold starts posting up actually studies , your pretty much just taking his experience as proof. Thats all well but Im not convinced and I have used it my self so I do have personal experience. Ive stated yea it increases insulin sensitivity my HBa1c proves that with a 3 month run of it but I was pooping a storm , had uncontrollable gas and ofcourse lost weight. Which I stated you can increase your HBa1c without metformin by loosing weight.

I would love to see studies of people who have gained weight on metformin seriously.

Is metformin amazing sure is, if you flop off your diet it can help you, post slin cycle it can help you. Running gh (i cant answer that)

I don't have a study, but last bulking prep (test/tren/3iuGH) 2 months ago I gained 6lbs, I was doing 30 min cardio empty stomach and training 5-6 days a week. I've been taking 500mg metformin 3x day meanwhile.

Diet was carbs around workout and 1-2 cheat meals a week.

I don't have a study, but last bulking prep (test/tren/3iuGH) 2 months ago I gained 6lbs, I was doing 30 min cardio empty stomach and training 5-6 days a week. I've been taking 500mg metformin 3x day meanwhile.

Diet was carbs around workout and 1-2 cheat meals a week.

have you checked your igf levels? i mean thats the only way your going to know what effect metformin has when using gh. personally if i was paying for gh id want to know im getting the most of it and how much metformin is really affecting my igf levels

hypothetically if you ran slin 3-4 days a week and metformin on off days i can see you making huge results. that way your keeping your sensitivity high and prolonging your lean gains

lol not going to lie though i ordered 10 packs of met after my researching because it is a very useful piece to the puzzle , great thread fran j forgot about this

I have been taking 500 mg post workout before 120 carbs. no intra drink. Am I hurting naturly insulin spike? I would think this would be the optimal time to take it as it would push carbs to muscles.

Just a word of caution to anyone trying for the first time, start off low in the dosages. Also, it takes around a week to build in your system it seems as others have said so WAIT before increasing the dosage. I didn't wait when I first tried it and increased the dosage thinking I was fine, my stomach was torn apart for a couple days as a consequence of that.

I have been taking 500 mg post workout before 120 carbs. no intra drink. Am I hurting naturly insulin spike? I would think this would be the optimal time to take it as it would push carbs to muscles.

we an all bullshit a response or you could take glucose test on and off and prove it.

PS share the result.

I stand corrected and humbled. It is what I always assumed!

That's whatchya get for yelling at me on page 1 for asking a question

Studies of what? Of bodybuilders taking AAS, insulin, GH, and metformin? I love studies, understand their value, and probably read more than just about anyone here, but if you are looking for a study to show you what kind of effects Met has on muscle growth in PED using bodybuilders, good luck with that. Quite frankly, I am getting tired of those people who demand clinical studies for every single recommendation made. Why? Because it comes from a place of ignorance. Bodybuilding is a fringe science--loaded with unethical drugs use that has never been and likely never will be studied by traditional medicine. The bottom line is that there are no studies one can refer to for much of what we do. This is why 90%+ of everything we know in bodybuilding, particularly when it comes to PED use, was learned through real-world experience--not clinical studies--and it will always be this way.

Moving on, you do realize that people who use metformin, along with high doss of AAS, insulin, and growth hormone, are in a completely different boat than "normal" individuals (non-drug using bodybuilders) taking metformin for PCOS or diabetes, right? Add women into the equation, on which many of the metformin studies are based, and the situation changes even further.

Yes, metformin does reduce IGF-1 levels, but you do realize that one of the main reasons it does so is because it reduces insulin secretion (and thus total insulin levels) and endogenous testosterone production, which can have a profound impact on IGF-1 levels, right?

Bodybuilders routinely administer substantial doses of exogenous AAS, insulin, and GH, which significantly diminishes Met's negative effect on IGF-1 levels. It will still have a negative effect on IGF-1 production, but not to nearly the same degree seen in men and women who use metformin without the aide of high doses of these hormones. Being that basically every single study ever conducted was done on men and women who were not using large doses of AAS, GH, and insulin, one cannot extrapolate those study results to drug-using bodybuilders.

Also, you need to weigh the negative effects of insulin resistance on muscle growth against metformin's negative effect on growth via decreased IGF-1 production. Insulin resistance, particularly when it becomes more extreme (note: many insulin and GH using bodybuilders/strength athletes have horrible in insulin sensitivity), can have a profound impact on recovery and growth, as well as many other negative effects on the body. On the other hand, not only is Met's IGF-1 lowering effect significant mitigated by exogenous PED use, but any decrease that does take place is easily replaced through exogenous use.

There is more to subject than what has been said here, but I don't feel like writing a small book on met's effects on IGF-1, IGFBP-3, etc.

In my experience, metformin has proven to be a valuable drug for many drug-using bodybuilders, with its potential negative effects often being outweighed by its positive effects. It is not for everyone, but it can certainly help reverse many of the negative effects that PED use has on bodybuilders, both in terms of growth and overall heath.

Lastly, your comment that people are just taking "my word" for it, is ridiculous. My word for what? That metformin does what it has been proven to do? You act as if I am the only one who has ever commented on it--like no one has said or alluded to any of this stuff before. I may have my own way of using the drug (or maybe not, as I can't know what everyone else is doing), but I am far from the only one who recognizes the value of this drug. Metformin is just one tool in the toolbox, which can be put to good use under many circumstances...and until I see clinical and/or real-world evidence proving otherwise, it will continue to remain a viable tool in my arsenal.

Last edited:
Studies of what? Of bodybuilders taking AAS, insulin, GH, and metformin? I love studies, understand their value, and probably read more than just about anyone here, but if you are looking for a study to show you what kind of effects Met has on muscle growth in PED using bodybuilders, good luck with that. Quite frankly, I am getting tired of those people who demand clinical studies for every single recommendation made. Why? Because it comes from a place of ignorance. Bodybuilding is a fringe science--loaded with unethical drugs use that has never been and likely never will be studied by traditional medicine. The bottom line is that there are no studies one can refer to for much of what we do. This is why 90%+ of everything we know in bodybuilding, particularly when it comes to PED use, was learned through real-world experience--not clinical studies--and it will always be this way.

Moving on, you do realize that people who use metformin, along with high doss of AAS, insulin, and growth hormone, are in a completely different boat than "normal" individuals (non-drug using bodybuilders) taking metformin for PCOS or diabetes, right? Add women into the equation, on which many of the metformin studies are based, and the situation changes even further.

Yes, metformin does reduce IGF-1 levels, but you do realize that one of the main reasons it does so is because it reduces insulin secretion (and thus total insulin levels) and endogenous testosterone production, which can have a profound impact on IGF-1 levels, right?

Bodybuilders routinely administer substantial doses of exogenous AAS, insulin, and GH, which significantly diminishes Met's negative effect on IGF-1 levels. It will still have a negative effect on IGF-1 production, but not to nearly the same degree seen in men and women who use metformin without the aide of high doses of these hormones. Being that basically every single study ever conducted was done on men and women who were not using large doses of AAS, GH, and insulin, one cannot extrapolate those study results to drug-using bodybuilders.

Also, you need to weigh the negative effects of insulin resistance on muscle growth against metformin's negative effect on growth via decreased IGF-1 production. Insulin resistance, particularly when it becomes more extreme (note: many insulin and GH using bodybuilders/strength athletes have horrible in insulin sensitivity), can have a profound impact on recovery and growth, as well as many other negative effects on the body. On the other hand, not only is Met's IGF-1 lowering effect significant mitigated by exogenous PED use, but any decrease that does take place is easily replaced through exogenous use.

There is more to subject than what has been said here, but I don't feel like writing a small book on met's effects on IGF-1, IGFBP-3, etc.

In my experience, metformin has proven to be a valuable drug for many drug-using bodybuilders, with its potential negative effects often being outweighed by its positive effects. It is not for everyone, but it can certainly help reverse many of the negative effects that PED use has on bodybuilders, both in terms of growth and overall heath.

Lastly, your comment that people are just taking "my word" for it, is ridiculous. My word for what? That metformin does what it has been proven to do? You act as if I am the only one who has ever commented on it--like no one has said or alluded to any of this stuff before. I may have my own way of using the drug (or maybe not, as I can't know what everyone else is doing), but I am far from the only one who recognizes the value of this drug. Metformin is just one tool in the toolbox, which can be put to good use under many circumstances...and until I see clinical and/or real-world evidence proving otherwise, it will continue to remain a viable tool in my arsenal.

This is the kind of post this thread needed. Do you think 1000mg daily is a good dose while on both HGH and insulin? Taken when insulin is not active.

This is the kind of post this thread needed. Do you think 1000mg daily is a good dose while on both HGH and insulin? Taken when insulin is not active.

I also would like to know that and when the best times to take it would be if let's say we take our slin shots pre-workout?

Exactly . Do you know how much lower your igf levels will be with metformin at 500 850 or 1000 when using 4iu gh , 6iu gh. I'm curious because this is the info I look for my self now, and like you said will the benefits outweigh the negatives it's such a slippery slope, because when all of those things are combatting each other (gh , slin, met) it's really hard to see the differences especially because your research will never be exactly the same, weight and bf% wise.

And yea you can post marijuana lowers insulin levels and probably have 50 new bodybuilders smoking it because of something you said. It's that simple, my only argument was using it in the same cycle as you use insulin and gh because I see the potentials for the drug I just don't see it year round.

Last edited:
I stand corrected and humbled. It is what I always assumed!

I have taken up to 1G at a time empty stomach before cardio just to test.

Been dieting last month, I can say one thing for sure, hunger is way down. drastically.

All the guys asking how much it cuts IGF levels. there is nothing out there with relevant data. I propose we do testing like we all did with GH serum tests.

I will do a on met and off met before summer. We should get 5-10 guys to see if we can come up with enough data to see some trending.

Forgot to mention this in the last reply, but obviously, if someone is shitting themselves to death, it is probably going to do more harm than good, as that indicates improper nutrient absorption.

Of course, it is going to be more difficult to gain weight when you aren't properly digesting your food. However, not everyone experiences this side effect. I don't, and neither do many others. If someone does, slowly increasing both one's dosage and frequency of use will usually help eliminate this side effect.

I have taken up to 1G at a time empty stomach before cardio just to test.

Been dieting last month, I can say one thing for sure, hunger is way down. drastically.

All the guys asking how much it cuts IGF levels. there is nothing out there with relevant data. I propose we do testing like we all did with GH serum tests.

I will do a on met and off met before summer. We should get 5-10 guys to see if we can come up with enough data to see some trending.

Think that's one of the best things about metformin when dieting. It slows gastric emptying so you stay fuller on the same food much longer.

Also a potential reason why it might be more effective in such a situation vs bulking. From an appetite standpoint, that is.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
nohara5216
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws