over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

MikeS' 2006 ARNOLD REPORT!

MikeS

Moderator / FOUNDING Member
Staff member
Registered
The usual mayhem in 2006 as we ventured into OH ready for the Friday expo.
Me and B2K drove up and have met our buddies from AZ to share adjoining rooms. Took the new shuttle into the Convention center. Ready to rock! The first thing to do is find home base-the LEGALMUSCLE booth! Attneded by Rick Colling, Marc, and MikeD-we happily shared greetings with the bros and Jamie the 'patrol cop' working the booth, as she did last year. My friends knew I would hang for some time with the NY boys, so they took a walk for awhile.
As MikeD jokingly discussed doing LEGAL MUSCLE II, I begged that hopefully I didnt have to get popped again to provide another real-life chapter! Up came John Romono (editor-in chief Muscular Dev mag) and tapped me on the shoulder and yelled 'hey Mike!'. Me, John and Rick of course wrote the original BUSTED article in Muscular Development. We all had a good laugh and of course he and Rick are fast friends from working on the mag together. I must say I feel these are the 2 guys working most dilligently out in the front lines, fighting against the torrent of media lies and hype regarding performance enhancing substances and supplements. Thank god for these 2 guys.
We next ventured out into the increasing crowd and came upon Pat Arnold and Milos Sarcev chatting. I patiently held until Milos moved on, to speak to Pat. He was not happy, seeing the trouble his 'alleged' involvement in the Balco Labs case will cause him personally. Rick is in his corner, we all pray for best case scenerio for Pat. Next was Bill Llewelyn-the Anabolics 2006 author. This is when my boy B2K gets excited-talking about gear! We hung for at least 1/2hr. None of the empty juice containers this year-the booth owners were made to sign an agreement not to openly display any references to Anabolic steroids at the expo. Maybe I missed something....wasnt this a free country-free speech?! Disappeared long ago.
Ran into some of the fitness models and competitors new and past-Christina Lindley, Sherry Goggins, Erica Kern, TinaJo Ornin/bagne, Kristen Nicewater. All were just so nice-and to feed my ego all remember me and our past discussions. And a first appearance for Mandy Blank of the early fitness days about 10yrs ago. Mandy Blank-an unbelievably beautiful woman-looked 23YO and possible the most stunning woman there, true radiance. I have emailed with Christina before and she has lurked on promuscle per my invite. Another favorite lady.
Pete Putnam was Biochem Group booth-Im glad to place the name with the face. Easy to spot since he post pics often...he told me where to find JessFit, but she was not at ABB at the time I looked. Great, friendly guy-great to meet you Peter!
DON LONG! Man he was looking great-healthy and big! Great to see! He is local to me, we havent talked before this weekend but have seen each other around. Man was he a happy friendly guy, in good spirits and always smiling. So good to see him again. Wish him continued health.
Jay Cutler-the line was at least 1hr wait! Just put the camera high and snapped a pic! My bud B2K considered waiting...but declined after some thought.
Next was Little Hercules-the worlds strongest kid! He was loving life and being inthe scene. You could just tell he was so excited, just to be part of the whole extravaganza. What a cool kid! And the usual abs! haha.
I hate to admit that the womans prejudging and strength show, onstage at the expo, did not catch my attention with social event of the BBing year happening around it! Back to home base and LEGALMUSCLE, where Palumbo was happy to be there, a free man finally. A little leaner than usual, still great condition.
Was also using day1 to scout for some gifts for my new sexy lady Sara, who
occupied my thoughts all weekend. Probably made my buddies a bit ill, carrying on over a new exciting relationship witha great woman. Screw it-its all fun and Im going to milk it, baby! Didnt go to the show Fri nite...rested up for the long day Sat early expo and Mens finals!

Day2 more of the same inspiration and fun! Caught up with Heather Koklear, a regular at the expo booths and and email friend. Beautiful. A Playmate of the year (a brunette who was a Eva Longoria lookalike) was giving out posters and pics-OK, I was convinced to obligate.
An enterouge arrived-what was the excitement? A lineup of ladies, 3 on each side of a big, longhaired guy...Triple HHH! The cameras were rolling!! A line a mile long to meet him. Everyone knows Triple HHH is a huge BBing fan.
Finally found Jesfit! Another just beautiful person! Inside and out-so friendly and happy! Took some pics and she offered a signed pic-the same one displayed in her ativar here on promuscle. The lady is a real gem. Peter you is a lucky biatch! :p
Caught up with TP4U at the Gaspari booth as Peter told me where he was.
We chatted for awhile, he is happy working with the supp company and relocated in NJ. Great to meet you too, Phil.
Finally-Hardbdygrl! Was wondering if the musclegirl was there! At the Musclemilk booth as usual. Great to see her again-looking great as usual.
Saw my girl buddy Ruthie Luchessi finally also. She is a Ballys trainer with me,
the most kick ass woman trainer you can find. We rule our gym! We posed for pics and people with cameras came from everywhere! She was quite the attraction!
Kevin Leverone was running through the isles-just arrived. Caught up with him at the BOSS booth. We are local homeboys, he took me behind the booth counter and we shot the shit for about 15min. Finally-I am as big as Kevin Leverone! :D But I will say he still looks great and I have never seen him so happy. Hollywood agrees with him. Look for his movie the spring.
Hit the homebase to again and while hanging behind the booth with MikeD and Rick, along comes a guy with a Pickle on his shirt, kinda looking at me funny. Finally he asks-MikeS? No need to explain who the 'Mr Pickles' was!
On the way out, finally picked up the special gifts for my girl Sara, some sexy workout clothing (g-string included!) and a silver dumbell necklace. She will wear it beautifully. :p My buddies were patient. :cool:
On to the show! You know its a little hard judging detail from the big screen, unless you are in the first rows to actually see the competitors. But in the final decision-I had Branch Warren winning, as did my buddy Rory next to me. Way bigger, better conditioned, more vascular. He doesnt have quite the taper of Dex because of a bit of excess oblique muscle about 2-3" long on each side. Nothing horrible, but the slightest details count as we all know. I felt that with all the things Branch had in his favor-the he would get the nod despite the one little detail Dex had over him . Not to be...boos were aboudant. As they were when Priest ws called 6th. Went to the lobby to view the stars and ladies, dressed as it were the Acedemy Awards of Bodybuilding-and it is! Priest put on his best face to pose for some pics. Branch was not all too happy but took a couple too. Saw Amy Peters beautiful fitness babe and a member here at promuscle. Have not seen her since the Bodyrock in VA. Look her pics up here - really impressive combo of muscle and beauty. A real sweet gal.
Another year bites the dust, one of the best ever. Saw so many board friends, old friends from the national scene-and also from the local scene.
I will try to post some pics later, hope all enjoyed the '06 report!

Last edited:
Damn brother man.....you know ALL the ladies. Sounds like a good time.

Thanks for sharing Mike! Sounds like you had a great time.
Couldn't make it up this year, but Pickles hit me up while he was out there. Will not miss it in '07.

Great writeup Mike!. Thanks for the insight.... sounded like a great time.

Great report Mike, too bad I missed meeting you at the Arnold, well, there is always next year!! lol!

Excellent Report Mike

Good job Mike, sounds like you had a blast, I am hoping to get to that show next year. I have been to 2 olympias and 2 N.O.C. but never been to the Arnold. Gotta get there!

MIKES. GREAT REPORT MY FRIEND!

I AM SO HAPPY YOU ARE DOING WELL AND ENJOYING THE WHOLE SCENE....JUST AWESOME! :D

lets get those pics up Mike;)

I'm so glad I got to finally meet you in person, Mike. Thanks for being so sweet! I promised I'd come by since I haven't been around lately. I do come in spirit to read, just don't post much.

Again great meeting you!

Amy-well you are a woman of your word!
Wish all women were like you...
just kidding ladies.
You said youd visit, and you did!
Im impressed...not that I already wasnt!
See my PM to you...

I couldnt find Pete Putnum anywhere!! Catwaxer and I saw Jess but there was huuuuuge line... i guess he was hungry or had to poop cuz he didnt wanna wait in it.

we met some peeps from a few other boards at breakfast... that was good time.

i didnt think the expo was as fun as last year... the atmosphere was different... there werent as many freaks running around...

it still was fun :)

Pro Princess said:
I'm so glad I got to finally meet you in person, Mike. Thanks for being so sweet! I promised I'd come by since I haven't been around lately. I do come in spirit to read, just don't post much.

Again great meeting you!

Not to go offtopic but you website is down...

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws