over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mixed athlete (hybrid/ironman/hyrox/bjj) mega thread

juggy38

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hey guys. We have quite a few high level mixed Athletes on here. I wanted to make a super thread on PEDs, diet , concurrent training, injury prevention. @Performance Based @cmryan @goback2013 @fisther69 @Cerberus777 and the big BJJ dog @Big Dave Smith probably has a wealth of knowledge

Tag others that you know. @SouthernMuscle will be in here for sarcasm and entertainment hehe.

So currently I’m in Mexico volunteering as a nurse. Been training hard but diet has been “ehh” and Peds has been Mexican sustanon 150mg a week (all I can handle without AI)

Back home next week thank god. Here’s my split. Currently 16 weeks out from a marathon, and trying to push/pull 1000lbs the day prior. (Just a hybrid self set goal)

My split:

D1)basic linear progression squat. 4x10,8,6,4, repeat with new est max. 3 sets of reverse lunges, RDLs, hip thrusts

D2) “speed work”. Rotating 4x1200s, 4x800s, 6x400s.

D3) bench/Penday row SS: DB OHP/krock row SS. Laterals/fp SS

D4) X-train bike/rower z2

D5) full body. BB incline/pulldowns/linear deadlift progression. Arms SS 3 rounds. 4 rounds 100m lunges/100m front carry/100m strides (this day is terrible)

D6) long slow run. Add 10% distance each session (z2 HR limit)

D7) sleep most of day

When I get back this is the Peds I think I’m gonna add…..

Test 200mg
Mast E 100
Tren E 80mg….if this fucks up HR and endurance, I’ll swap it for EQ.

Hgh 8iu EOD….i hold way less water.

Anyways. Post your training and all the things!

For several years now I’ve done a lot of interval stuff for my conditioning work.
at the minute my training is
day 1
chest back
day 2
torque tank with battle rope 6 rounds then core
day 3
delts arms
day 4
airdyne currently trying to break 225 calories in 10 mins. Core
day 5
legs but more focus on GHR and back ext then grip
day 6
45-50 min walk.
then repeat
i do a mobility session every day too

Really depends how into the weeds you want to get... Baseline post.

Identify Key Metrics
We all essentially come from a "bodybuilding" background from high school weight training classes to wanting bigger arms for the girls. Identify skills, endeavors, and talents you wish to acquire. "Hybrid" training without identifying key facets is essentially just spinning your wheels with no where to go unless general health is your goal. If you goal is the participation in skill based training, identify core competencies necessary for said skill. I have seen countless gym junkies decide to try and pick up Jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai, etc. without the proper adaptation thinking they can simply do bodybuilding 100% and skill based training 100% and have a relatively quick adaptation period.

Psychological Shift
Understand that you cannot maintain a "bodybuilding diet" designed for aesthetics and generate high levels of physiological output over time. There is a reason why the average ProMuscle member typically looks better than the guys competing at the crossfit games on an international level (the PED use is just as prevalent in the games). Eating at "baseline" metabolic needs my mile time increases around 20 seconds and my general strength decreases around 15%, eating in a defecit my mile time increases nearly 45 seconds and general strength decreases just under 40%. Testing done 2 weeks into dieting.

PED Utilization Changes
Musculature impedes performance. Period. Limitations to mobility, flexibility, strength to weight ratio, increased caloric and micronutrient needs based upon output in non-linear patterns. The goal is no longer to gain lean mass at a certain point but to maximize output and enhance recovery. Orals are used in a pulsatile nature to increase performance for specific training modalities purely. Compounds that add water are to be avoided like the plague. More on this next.

Recovery Reigns Supreme
Resting heart rate and HRV are the two best metrics of recovery I have found thus far. Holding excess water will interfere with your RHR thus impacting your HRV (best variable for CNS recovery I have come across thus far). Physical recovery, in the bodybuilding sense is no longer a priority. But Neurological drive and the ability to take on additional load. We can manipulate our training to ensure to most efficacious output over a metric of time.

Injury Prevention
We all know a strong muscle is more likely to resist injury, training in traditional bodybuilding modalities I must humbly say is not really relevant to physiological development and to ensure muscular strength through various patterns of movement. Being able to deadlift 700+ pounds has minimal relevance to snagging an aggressive clench or maintain load through various stages of engement throughout your back. Isolation exercises are fun but need to change priority in training for gym sessions, multi-modal movements especially ones that mimic real life movement patterns should be prioritized. IE front squats vs. back squats. Moving athletically and explosively through various planes of movement. This also gets more into understanding how the human body actually moves for running, rowing, etc. based movements. Understand your gait, exactly what you are doing wrong and immediately start to fix this.

Just kind of generic information - let me know what you actually want man.

Performance Based said it well. I'll add you're not going to get max results in other sports if you lift heavy in the same week. I mountain bike and do BJJ. A week off the gym before a race or any type of competition is needed for me.

For gear, it's individual but I can't go over 700-800mg and anything that makes me hold water. Without it messing up my cardio.

HIIT and short intense cardio does wonders for my stamina. Losing some bodyfat and water weight helps a lot too.

Honorable mention to the sauna.

Really depends how into the weeds you want to get... Baseline post.

Identify Key Metrics
We all essentially come from a "bodybuilding" background from high school weight training classes to wanting bigger arms for the girls. Identify skills, endeavors, and talents you wish to acquire. "Hybrid" training without identifying key facets is essentially just spinning your wheels with no where to go unless general health is your goal. If you goal is the participation in skill based training, identify core competencies necessary for said skill. I have seen countless gym junkies decide to try and pick up Jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai, etc. without the proper adaptation thinking they can simply do bodybuilding 100% and skill based training 100% and have a relatively quick adaptation period.

Psychological Shift
Understand that you cannot maintain a "bodybuilding diet" designed for aesthetics and generate high levels of physiological output over time. There is a reason why the average ProMuscle member typically looks better than the guys competing at the crossfit games on an international level (the PED use is just as prevalent in the games). Eating at "baseline" metabolic needs my mile time increases around 20 seconds and my general strength decreases around 15%, eating in a defecit my mile time increases nearly 45 seconds and general strength decreases just under 40%. Testing done 2 weeks into dieting.

PED Utilization Changes
Musculature impedes performance. Period. Limitations to mobility, flexibility, strength to weight ratio, increased caloric and micronutrient needs based upon output in non-linear patterns. The goal is no longer to gain lean mass at a certain point but to maximize output and enhance recovery. Orals are used in a pulsatile nature to increase performance for specific training modalities purely. Compounds that add water are to be avoided like the plague. More on this next.

Recovery Reigns Supreme
Resting heart rate and HRV are the two best metrics of recovery I have found thus far. Holding excess water will interfere with your RHR thus impacting your HRV (best variable for CNS recovery I have come across thus far). Physical recovery, in the bodybuilding sense is no longer a priority. But Neurological drive and the ability to take on additional load. We can manipulate our training to ensure to most efficacious output over a metric of time.

Injury Prevention
We all know a strong muscle is more likely to resist injury, training in traditional bodybuilding modalities I must humbly say is not really relevant to physiological development and to ensure muscular strength through various patterns of movement. Being able to deadlift 700+ pounds has minimal relevance to snagging an aggressive clench or maintain load through various stages of engement throughout your back. Isolation exercises are fun but need to change priority in training for gym sessions, multi-modal movements especially ones that mimic real life movement patterns should be prioritized. IE front squats vs. back squats. Moving athletically and explosively through various planes of movement. This also gets more into understanding how the human body actually moves for running, rowing, etc. based movements. Understand your gait, exactly what you are doing wrong and immediately start to fix this.

Just kind of generic information - let me know what you actually want man.

No man that was perfect. I definitely agree on the diet. Bodyfat has crept up slightly due to the caloric needs and the absurd hunger increases. Eating at maintence by Thursday I felt like I got hit by a truck.

I’ve also had to start being much more consistent with mobility and soft tissue work compared to just weight training. I feel like I do more mobility work on my ankles and hips this last 8 weeks than I have ever done in my life

Cardio should be 80% upper zone 2 the other 20% should be HIIT and upper zone work. Also skill in the sport reduces fatigue greatly. When I was new to BJJ I'd gas quickly the more I knew the easier it was to have breath control and wear out appointments.

This reminds me of one of the dumbest things I ever heard (not saying this is dumb)
I had just started bjj and some human wonder said to me "bench press doesn't help you in bjj does it" you want to say "who fucking would bench press to get good at bjj" but you don't
Anyway I understand a marathon is running 26 miles? Do you really want to carry additional muscle mass in order to get the best time? I am guessing that's the goal?
I don't really know a lot about marathon running Training but would running more than once a week if not everyday be ideal? I only ask as I knew this.girl who likes to run and that's pretty much all she did except train with me on occasion.
I know some people have said juice will actually slow down their mile times. What a marathon take like hours of running? 3+hours?

This reminds me of one of the dumbest things I ever heard (not saying this is dumb)
I had just started bjj and some human wonder said to me "bench press doesn't help you in bjj does it" you want to say "who fucking would bench press to get good at bjj" but you don't
Anyway I understand a marathon is running 26 miles? Do you really want to carry additional muscle mass in order to get the best time? I am guessing that's the goal?
I don't really know a lot about marathon running Training but would running more than once a week if not everyday be ideal? I only ask as I knew this.girl who likes to run and that's pretty much all she did except train with me on occasion.
I know some people have said juice will actually slow down their mile times. What a marathon take like hours of running? 3+hours?

lol A 3 hour marathon is professional runner pace.

More like 4h

What is your question? Why do we do endurance events? Or why lift ANd run?

There are very few who can run a marathon. There are very few that can deadlift triple their bodyweight.

How many people do you think can do both?

We like doing both. So we have to program our training for both.

More like 4h

There are very few who can run a marathon. There are very few that can deadlift triple their bodyweight.

I might not be the fastest rider in a bike race always, but I know being more muscular helps me with the technical downhills (this is what's timed in enduro. And I've placed well. And looked good doing it!
In BJJ I find it's who can think faster and who practice more wins. Back and hip strength does help.

If you want to be a well rounded athlete instead of an elite to a singular sport your on the right track. If you have lift goals and completion goals...and Face it, look good doing it lol.

More like 4h

No i thought your training would be just based on the upcoming marathon but you answered it with the we like doing both comment. Sorry i could not be of service to you!

No i thought your training would be just based on the upcoming marathon but you answered it with the we like doing both comment. Sorry i could not be of service to you!

Sorry if my post came off defensive, it wasn’t supposed to be. I honestly wasn’t real sure what the question was.

But yea, it is based on the upcoming events….my “speed days” are 1200m repeats more often than not.If I was preparing for a 5k…those would be 400s…

If it was a 10k, my “long run” would be shorter, with spurts of “tempo” running within it. (Like run sub 10k race pace 2 minutes, run faster than race pace 1 minute, repeat)

Think of it like this. Strength and endurance is always being trained, but it’s sea-sawed on what you want to improve the most. (Just like bringing up a weak body part)

like here is a hypothetical year:
12 weeks: aerobic base focus/strength maintence….run 1/2 marathon with fiance.

Week off.

12 weeks: strength focus/aerobic base maintenance

Do powerlifting meet.

Week off.

12 weeks: speed&lactate threshold focus/bring up deadlift focus

Try to PR 5k time and pull deadlift PR on the same day.

Week off.

That’s ^ extremely vague but that’s the idea

Hoping to get some help from you guys.
I used to be in the Army (SOF) and used to run or ruck daily, my 5 mile run time was 32 minutes on our PT test. So I am no stranger to running and used to be good at it

I haven’t run in a year and have packed on some mass, especially in the legs. When I was running I powerlifted, now I bodybuild.

I still keep up my cardio with assault bike, rower, stair stepper.

There’s a running event in a month for my Fire Department and I’m going to do it with the guys

Only problem is, I tried to run and I literally, physically could not. Felt like my legs were so tight and heavy, like when you do a 12 mile ruck and you try to run the last 400ms. Knees hurt, glutes and quads were extremely tight. Was really slow and looked extremely goofy

I think it’s because all of the weight I added. I’m flexible in terms of training legs with weights, but I guess extremely tight when it comes to running. Any of you bigger guys who were bodybuilders and transitioned to running like @Performance Based deal with this?

I guess I will keep doing Zone 2 cardio on assault bike, rower, incline weight vest walking, stair master, and 2 HIIT sessions of assault bike sprints after back and leg day, and slowly work actual running back in. What do you guys think is a good way to attack this problem?
Like I said, purely muscle based and I actually have a great set of lungs still

Morning, answering on my phone so pardon any spelling errors.

I wouldn’t say it’s a size issue I’d say it’s a patterning/neurological issue paired with decreased ROM.

I always have running in my programming, my swim needs ebb and flow however. When I start folding either freestyle or CSS back into the fold I usually have insane cramps inferior to my knees of all muscle groups to include the foot.

When I drop my LSD runs and maintain my sprint sessions I maintain the required neural patterning. If you have a tread capable of a decline I am a big fan of setting it to a -1 and focusing on form for a bit. Get your gait back.

What’s the event?

Hoping to get some help from you guys.
I used to be in the Army (SOF) and used to run or ruck daily, my 5 mile run time was 32 minutes on our PT test. So I am no stranger to running and used to be good at it

I haven’t run in a year and have packed on some mass, especially in the legs. When I was running I powerlifted, now I bodybuild.

I still keep up my cardio with assault bike, rower, stair stepper.

There’s a running event in a month for my Fire Department and I’m going to do it with the guys

Only problem is, I tried to run and I literally, physically could not. Felt like my legs were so tight and heavy, like when you do a 12 mile ruck and you try to run the last 400ms. Knees hurt, glutes and quads were extremely tight. Was really slow and looked extremely goofy

I think it’s because all of the weight I added. I’m flexible in terms of training legs with weights, but I guess extremely tight when it comes to running. Any of you bigger guys who were bodybuilders and transitioned to running like @Performance Based deal with this?

I guess I will keep doing Zone 2 cardio on assault bike, rower, incline weight vest walking, stair master, and 2 HIIT sessions of assault bike sprints after back and leg day, and slowly work actual running back in. What do you guys think is a good way to attack this problem?
Like I said, purely muscle based and I actually have a great set of lungs still

Ex College athlete…..

When i started back running, it felt as awkward as trying to bear crawl fast

@Performance Based had me do the downhill treadmill (I found a shoe store that had fancy running analysis treadmill)

Just run slow and a little at a time and eventually you’ll find your running pattern.

And I also learned my hip mobility was absolutely shit. (Heavy and tight as your describing

Ex College athlete…..

When i started back running, it felt as awkward as trying to bear crawl fast

@Performance Based had me do the downhill treadmill (I found a shoe store that had fancy running analysis treadmill)

Just run slow and a little at a time and eventually you’ll find your running pattern.

And I also learned my hip mobility was absolutely shit. (Heavy and tight as your describing
Curious what you think of the Bear crawl? A guy at gym I see doing them at the end of shoulders for a finisher and he has pretty capped delts...only see him doing ohp then crawls no side delt work but they pop

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws