over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mixing Jantanna and Protan

lucian

Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
ive read some people like to mix them and got great results. anyone ever mix them and get bad results?

Mrs KH & I have the Jan Tana sprayer, and have sprayed many; another service we offer. After running short of one product or the other, I have come to realize it doesn't make much difference what you use. What I mean is I have added protan directly into Jan Tana High def color when I was runing low and vice versa, you really can't tell a difference.
Last time I had a guy with a couple layers of protan on for prejudge. He wanted a touch-up before the night show, so I hit him with a layer of the old olympic tan and WoW, he looked great. They have discontinued the Olympic Tan, but over the top of protan It gave a great bronze color that looked awesome on stage.
He took first in his class

thanks bro...im so pale i never get dark enough. rob roy said before he mixes them....and some say not to. im thinkin like 2 coats of protan, rinse it, one jantanna and then the jantanna 10 min color as a topcoat. what kinda oil then? whatever the last coat is?

thanks bro...im so pale i never get dark enough. rob roy said before he mixes them....and some say not to. im thinkin like 2 coats of protan, rinse it, one jantanna and then the jantanna 10 min color as a topcoat. what kinda oil then? whatever the last coat is?

I agree with that sequence and method. couple coats of protan on Thursday if you can, and sleep with it on. Shower in the morning on Friday, no soap just towel dry lightly.
Then use Jan tana high definition color over the top, 2 coats. It is darker then ProTan in my opinion. Maybe a touch-up in the morning on Saturday.
I have been using the Jan Tana high Def Glaze in place of oil. It goes on very easy and dries out but still gives that glossy look under the lights.
Good luck
What show are you doing?

I spent 4 years doing spray tans and don't really care for the color of either too much.
I stuck with more natural looking solutions, but realize (for some reason) that is not what most BB's are after. I sprayed mostly trophy wives and twenty something hotties, but did end up spraying around half a dozen or so top finishers in BB shows. Only used protan one time when a customer brought it to me. He left it there, and I never cared to use it on anyone else. The solution turned green and went bad (common)

Especially if you are fair skinned a high percentage of DHA in the solution is going to give you that orange glow.
Get a base tan from beds. Top quality lotions and good beds make a huge difference. Once you get some color (or took MTII for awhile), a $30 high pressure session in a $50K tanning bed and a $15 lotion sample will give you as much color as a month of low bed tanning and junk lotion. Of course if you are on accutain like a lot of BB, you can't hit the beds. Top the real tan off with a good spray tan a couple days preshow and the one the day before and you'll be as good as you can be.

I never cared for the glowing orange look, or the brown house paint look.

i tried the jantana foam

awesome....easy shit man

^^^jan tana foam for the the first couple coats cause its so quick and easy to get a base. rinse it in the morning. then put a couple coats of pro tan. pro tan also makes a rub on product for right before the stage which is excellent.

I agree with that sequence and method. couple coats of protan on Thursday if you can, and sleep with it on. Shower in the morning on Friday, no soap just towel dry lightly.
Then use Jan tana high definition color over the top, 2 coats. It is darker then ProTan in my opinion. Maybe a touch-up in the morning on Saturday.
I have been using the Jan Tana high Def Glaze in place of oil. It goes on very easy and dries out but still gives that glossy look under the lights.
Good luck
What show are you doing?

Yep, I agree... pro tan weds, thurs and fri, early sat rinse then apply a coat of Jan Tana competition tan. I've got some pics somewhere around here. The Jan Tana does add a little more darkness.

thanks guys. ill be doing the pro/jan mixture. we will be painting my pale irish pasty skin,for days leading up to the show.

ok mo....get the gloves, a smock, hair cover, facemask, goggles, and paintbrushes......we got a lota paintin to do!!!

Yep, I agree... pro tan weds, thurs and fri, early sat rinse then apply a coat of Jan Tana competition tan. I've got some pics somewhere around here. The Jan Tana does add a little more darkness.

this is pretty much what I did and I think I had the best color on stage...

I have done the mix. It was OK> but I did have some issues with it.

I did whole bottle of pro tan as a base. washed off in between. then did entire bottle of jantana foam over the top. it looked good. but some of the pro tan some how started coming off underneath on my back. it looked like crap on my back.

I have also done the protan base with dream tan over top.

I did all pro tan one time that was my least favorite.

I even did all jantana foam at my last show and it looked really good also.

best tan I ever did was. 4 spray tans of jantana. I didnt tan once for the entire show. I am a white white transparent boy. then did 4 spraytans and I was the darkest person in who show. almost as dark is a black guy in my class.

I can send you pics before and after tanning if your curious

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members