over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Moving On

Mini Monster

Registered
I after 8 years i finally am leaving my job. No fault of my own the economy is bad and i have been laid off for the past 8 1/2 months. Now starts the job hunt when i finish my schooling. Everything should be ok for a while since the buyout the company gave me is alittle over than 1 years pay and health coverage for six months. I could complain ,but some get nothing but a smile and a hand shake.

Good luck Bro!! I was layed off last month and jobs are hard to come by these days. For now im just gonna collect my unemployment. Im thinking of going back to school and changing careers.

Good luck Bro!! I was layed off last month and jobs are hard to come by these days. For now im just gonna collect my unemployment. Im thinking of going back to school and changing careers.
I went to school as soon as i got laid off, I have five weeks left . The good thing is the money that i'm getting makes it where i don't have to just take any ol job it gives me time to really search and see what i can find.

Good luck. Been there myself (2003) I was the one that got the smile and the handshake. Sucks! Looking back now, probably the best thing that could have happened. Took a while to find but I have a great job now and it's very stable even though the economy is down.

good luck, i am a bit worried myself right now because there has been talk of downsizing but this place is notorious for amazing severance packages....and hell i would probably go back to work consulting the following week=-)

9 years.......

Sassy just left her job of 9 years as a marketing director.
Shes starting her own consulting business and has enough national customers to let go of the old job. I help her write the copy sometimes when she gets stuck...I think she does it cause it makes me feel good.
So we keep it rolling and concentrate on the new clients she will get.
Also get to have her do MY companys' marketing...

My girllz got skillz...............

My business is only hampered by my Superintendent (of all of jobs) is currently under arrest. Small scale parking lot scuffle but he got the best of two of the other guys and they called the cops, ex con so he's jailed and out of commission. All projects full ahead for the next 6-8 weeks and he's locked up over this petty ego thing. So my sales and service dept (me) is out out running materials and whatever else (doing his job) while his wife and 2 kids need a ride to the grocery store?

my boyz need mo betta skillz.......................

Update i have worked some crappy jobs since getting out of school, that turned out to be a waste of time. I went for hvac schooling no one even was willing to give a newbie a chance everyone i have talked to wants 3 to 5 years exp. So i have settled for a part time job at fedex, it isn't hard working there but no benefits and less then 30 hrs a week. Really sucks i was making a 1000.00 aweek after taxes and insurance was free(hence it was a union job) and the insurance was outstanding. My wife stayed home with the kids and now she works full time for a doctors office both of us have had to cancel own gym memberships, luckly we haven't gotten fat sometimes to depressed to eat the right stuff. Hopefully this all works out in the long run.

Wow, I'm really sorry ti hear this after things looked good with the schooling.
Keep your head up, though, everybody is suffering in this economy but it will get better.
At least you have your family and health, if you are working less that just means more time with the family!

Remember, kids would always choose your time with them over material things.

You guys should move to Australia. Too many jobs, not enough workers. Cost of living is very high compared to the US though.

You guys should move to Australia. Too many jobs, not enough workers. Cost of living is very high compared to the US though.

Yeah, I have heard the Aussie stock market is a good place to be right now. Stands to benefit from all the growth in China.

Yeah, I have heard the Aussie stock market is a good place to be right now. Stands to benefit from all the growth in China.

Australia avoided the recession.

Perth, the 3rd biggest city (almost 2mil people or so) has a 70,000 jobs shortage in the mining industry alone. So they are recruiting from all over the world.
Now think about the associated industries - that's 70,000 new people with their families, requiring housing and all else.

I bought a 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom house there in Sept '09 for $1mil. Next door, identical, but only 3 bed 2 bath just sold for $1.55mil last week. You can't find 4 bed houses in that suburb now for under $1.7mil.

I would love to come over there. That has been a life long dream to atleast vacation there before i turn 50 , but i didn't think u.s. citizens could live there for more than 6 months at a time

Perth, the 3rd biggest city (almost 2mil people or so) has a 70,000 jobs shortage in the mining industry alone. So they are recruiting from all over the world.
Now think about the associated industries - that's 70,000 new people with their families, requiring housing and all else.

I bought a 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom house there in Sept '09 for $1mil. Next door, identical, but only 3 bed 2 bath just sold for $1.55mil last week. You can't find 4 bed houses in that suburb now for under $1.7mil.

Mining has got to be tough on ones body. No wonder there are so many openings. Would't want to sacrafice my health for a job like that unless...it payed BIG time dollars!

I would love to come over there. That has been a life long dream to atleast vacation there before i turn 50 , but i didn't think u.s. citizens could live there for more than 6 months at a time

If you are sponsored by a company (ie job) you can stay for as long as your job is (indefinetely). After 2 years you can apply for citizenship or residency at least.

Mining has got to be tough on ones body. No wonder there are so many openings. Would't want to sacrafice my health for a job like that unless...it payed BIG time dollars!

Agreed there. But I do know that drivers alone get $120k per year, and for f*all hours.

Nursing...

Agreed there. But I do know that drivers alone get $120k per year, and for f*all hours.

How do the nurses do out there BigA? Any idea?

How do the nurses do out there BigA? Any idea?

I do know there must be a nursing shortage too as there's ads all over the TV, but apart from that - no idea. All info easily found on the miriad Aust websites though.

Wow 1 Mill Dollar house! That's very expensive. I couldnt afford that in Sydney. I stayed in Freo last year for few months and never like it. Freo is like backwards, and food is so bloody expensive too.

Wow 1 Mill Dollar house! That's very expensive. I couldnt afford that in Sydney. I stayed in Freo last year for few months and never like it. Freo is like backwards, and food is so bloody expensive too.

Freo is a shithole.

Freo is a shithole.

I agree BigA. I drove through Nullabor Plain and back to Sydney. Never again I go back to shithole Freo. Perth is nice though.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws