YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mulitvitimans.... Gluclosamine and Chondroitin???

Jimmy101

Banned
Hey I was on line looking up information on mulivitimans and Gluclosamine and Chondroitin and you know what I found? Much to my suprise I found countless articles that talked about several studies done on both by the FDA and major universities that say nither of the have any positive affects over a pacebo..... Non at all. As a matter of fact there has never been an independent double blind study to show the either of them create any benificial effects on humans!!... WFT??? Kinda confused right now I guess I just always believed the marketing I have heard my whole life. What do you think?

I'd upload the PDF, but the file is 200K. Any way to increase this mods?

Critical appraisal of the role of glucosamine and chondroitin in the management of osteoarthritis of the knee. Narvy, Steven J.; Vangsness, C. Thomas, Jr. Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA. Nutrition and Dietary Supplements (2010), 2 13-25. Publisher: Dove Medical Press Ltd., CODEN: NDSUBB ISSN: 1179-1489. http://www.dovepress.com/getfile.php?fileID=5758 Journal; General Review; Online Computer File written in English. AN 2011:205280 CAPLUS

Abstract

Osteoarthritis (OA) is the most common musculoskeletal disease in the United States, with rising prevalence. Medical management of OA involves acetaminophen, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, and other analgesics, all of which are of variable efficacy and are assocd. with significant side effects and toxicities. The purpose of this review is to critically evaluate the efficacy of glucosamine and chondroitin, both as single agents and in combination, for the treatment of knee OA. Also evaluated were the level of evidence and funding support of the included articles. Almost every included trial of glucosamine sulfate, glucosamine hydrochloride, and chondroitin sulfate has found the safety of these compds. to be equal to that of placebo, though their therapeutic efficacy in decreasing knee OA pain and improving joint function is variable. Addnl., there are data to support a role of these agents in reducing radiog. progression of knee OA. Industry involvement, however, remains prominent. Further, more comprehensive study by independent researchers free of industry ties is necessary to identify a subset of patients in whom the use of glucosamine and/or chondroitin would be most beneficial. These agents may be safely tried as an initial therapy in select OA patients prior to initiating therapy with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, acetaminophen, and other traditional medications.

Last edited:
Does it mean what I think it does???

The National Institutes of Health in the U.S.A. to fund a large, multicenter clinical trial (the GAIT trial) studying reported pain in osteoarthritis of the knee, comparing groups treated with chondroitin sulfate, glucosamine, and the combination, as well as both placebo and celecoxib.[23] The results of this 6-month trial were published in 2006, and the publication explained that patients taking glucosamine HCl, chondroitin sulfate, or a combination of the two had no statistically significant improvement in their symptoms compared to patients taking a placebo.[24] The group of patients who took celecoxib did have a statistically significant improvement in their symptoms. These results suggest that glucosamine and chondroitin did not effectively relieve pain in the overall group of osteoarthritis patients, but it should be interpreted with caution because most patients presented only mild pain (thus a narrow margin to appraise pain improvement) and because of an unusual response to placebo in the trial (60%). However, exploratory analysis of a subgroup of patients suggested that the supplements taken together (glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate) may be significantly more effective than placebo (79.2% versus 54%; p = 0.002) and a 10% higher than the positive control, in patients with pain classified as moderate to severe (see testing hypotheses suggested by the data).

They do lubricate the joints just dont necessarily stop horrible joint pain. I can tell when I miss one dose of this product as my joints feel "tighter" when i skip a dose.

I've had to stop working out for a while due to joint pain in my knees and right shoulder. I've tried many joint preparations with little effect but after just a week on a triple-strength formulation (with glucosamine, chondroitin and hyaluronic acid) that I bought at BJ's, my pain subsided greatly. If it was just placebo, wouldn't the others have worked, too?

??

Yeah I don't know. Don't get me wrong I take it and multivitimans!!! I just was really puzzled by this. Don't know what to make of it.

I don't give two shits about what a study says. My knees are so messed up that I was injecting lidocain in both of them in order to train legs. My friend gave me glucosamine/chondroitin, which I thought was b.s. like most natural supplements, but I began taking it and it worked. Within a week I no longer needed lidocain. It has helped my knees more than deca or hgh. F$#k double blind studies...my body tells me the truth!

Glucosamine and Chondroitin have been proven to help with moderate to severe arthritis but have no significance in minor joint issues. I personally take them every day. I stopped for a month and could tell a huge differencce. Never again! As far as a multi, I havent been able to tell a difference between all the hyped up bullshit brands and a simple ass one-a-day.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131