over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

my 1,000+ lb. pets

tripleOT

Kilo Klub Member / Verified Customer / Sponsor Rep
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Sponsors
Cool subforum here. Lots of great pets to be seen. My pet of choice doesn't seem to be seen around here so I figured I would share my other hobby/passion... horses!

this is Sassy, my wifes barrel racing horse.

This is Tonka, my daughters barrel racing horse.

This is my Boy the workhorse, Bus. He doesn't do any racing be he will pack whatever you'd like up any hillside or mountain. Great trail horse, truely the best horse I could ever ask for.

The one that keeps them in line, Spur. Best cattle dog in the world!

They are amazing animals and a kick in the ass to be around. Very powerful, yet delicate creatures. Couldn't imagine life without one.

Lets hear it, does anyone else here have the pleasure of owning a horse?

Last edited:
Nice, my Gpa loved horses and i have always wanted to get 1 , how much does it cost to feed them , etc ?...

Used to have horses, now we just buy and sell cattle. Love them though! You have some good looking ones.

Nice, my Gpa loved horses and i have always wanted to get 1 , how much does it cost to feed them , etc ?...
Really depend on the horse as far as costs. They eat .5-1 bale of hay per day plus grains. The real money is involved in supplements. These things are worse then bodybuilders lol. For instance my wifes horse has a foot condition That leaves her with sore feet if it goes without attention. The supplement for her horses feet alone is around $80 per month along with having to keep her hooves trimmed more often than others. I would say on average between food, supplements, horseshoeing, hoove trimming and vet checks they cost around $275-350 per month each horse. And god forbid they get injured, that's when the real money comes into play.

Used to have horses, now we just buy and sell cattle. Love them though! You have some good looking ones.
Nice! And thank you. They are fun to be around, but can be very stubborn as I'm sure you well know. What kind of cattle do you buy/sell? Dairy? Beef? Been thinking about raising a couple of black anguses so I can stuff them in the freezer.

Last edited:
Nice! And thank you. They are fun to be around, but can be very stubborn as I'm sure you well know. What kind of cattle do you buy/sell? Dairy? Beef? Been thinking about raising a couple of black anguses so I can stuff them in the freezer.

We have several black angus, but it's more of a hobby so we have mostly longhorns. We raise them for beef, and to sell.

I honestly prefer the longhorn meat lol. It's pretty lean, but a marbleized filet from a black angus is hard to beat.

I'm not the expert though, the ole man is.

We have several black angus, but it's more of a hobby so we have mostly longhorns. We raise them for beef, and to sell.

I honestly prefer the longhorn meat lol. It's pretty lean, but a marbleized filet from a black angus is hard to beat.

I'm not the expert though, the ole man is.

That's awesome brother. Longhorns are very cool looking animals.

My daughters have two - a pony and a showmaster. Every month I get these ridiculous vet, agistment and feed bills. I have paid for those horses many times over just in the monthly bills!

Yuki and Freddie :eek:

Yuki:

Attachments

• Yuki.jpg
    Yuki.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 91
Freddie:

Attachments

• Freddie.jpg
    Freddie.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 92
Those are great looking animals bigA!

Yeah I hear you, what is spent each month is mindblowing. I don't even ask anymore when one gets injured or need a vet check, I tell my wife I don't even want to know. I'm sure it would make me sick if I actually new how much I've spent on these things over the years.... tens of thousands many times over. oh well, happy wife happy life I guess.:banghead:

Those are great looking animals bigA!

Yeah I hear you, what is spent each month is mindblowing. I don't even ask anymore when one gets injured or need a vet check, I tell my wife I don't even want to know. I'm sure it would make me sick if I actually new how much I've spent on these things over the years.... tens of thousands many times over. oh well, happy wife happy life I guess.:banghead:

My conversations normally go like this:

Wife: - "Another bill came in for the horses"
Me: - "How much the fuck now?"
Wife: - "$x,xxx"
Me: "WTF is wrong with them this time?? Didn't we pay that much just last month?"
Wife just shrugs.

Me: "GIRLS!!! Do you still like your horses?"
Girls in unison: "YES!!!!"
Me: "Fuck..."

My conversations normally go like this:

Wife: - "Another bill came in for the horses"
Me: - "How much the fuck now?"
Wife: - "$x,xxx"
Me: "WTF is wrong with them this time?? Didn't we pay that much just last month?"
Wife just shrugs.

Me: "GIRLS!!! Do you still like your horses?"
Girls in unison: "YES!!!!"
Me: "Fuck..."

ha! I know this feeling. Like clock work, again and again.

And don't get me started on the tack. Do they really have to have all the pink/purple fringey stuff that costs thousands?!

Wife: I found a new saddle I want!
Me: didn't you just buy a new saddle Last spring?!
Wife: yeah. But this one is better fitting and is on sale. And I can get my name written on it in pink leather.
Me: how much?
Wife: on sale for 1,300.
Me: *rolls eyes*

Never ending, I tell ya.

I see horses aren't the most popular pet here lol.

Anyone else out there have horses, or been around them at all?

I see horses aren't the most popular pet here lol.

Anyone else out there have horses, or been around them at all?
I love riding horses, don't own one though and don't ever plan on it lol...I know my wife and her friend (who does own horses) were doing something one day and the horse bit her drad on her boob lol...Didn't break the skin but left a hell of a bruise...Of course all I could do is laugh my ass off about it...Love living in a state where it is legal to ride a horse on the streets still today...

THE REAPER

I love riding horses, don't own one though and don't ever plan on it lol...I know my wife and her friend (who does own horses) were doing something one day and the horse bit her drad on her boob lol...Didn't break the skin but left a hell of a bruise...Of course all I could do is laugh my ass off about it...Love living in a state where it is legal to ride a horse on the streets still today...

THE REAPER

Right on brother. Its nice you know someone that has them so you can ride them and then go home without worrying about taking care of them lol. Its like a full time job around here dealing with them.

A horse bite is extremely painful. Had one years ago that thought it would be a good idea to bite my thigh. Couldn't walk right for a while after that one. Damn animals are more powerful than they think.

Right on brother. Its nice you know someone that has them so you can ride them and then go home without worrying about taking care of them lol. Its like a full time job around here dealing with them.

A horse bite is extremely painful. Had one years ago that thought it would be a good idea to bite my thigh. Couldn't walk right for a while after that one. Damn animals are more powerful than they think.
Yeah her friend owns a huge ranch out close to where I live,we take the Kiddo's out and let them ride also it's truly a blast...They are some very powerful animals but are very gentle when trained right...Her husband is a friend of mine he's a PBR bull rider...

THE REAPER

Yeah her friend owns a huge ranch out close to where I live,we take the Kiddo's out and let them ride also it's truly a blast...They are some very powerful animals but are very gentle when trained right...Her husband is a friend of mine he's a PBR bull rider...

THE REAPER

That's great man. good for the kiddos to be involved with then IMO.

Your friend, the bull rider, has giant balls of Steel. I once got on a bull and it put my ass in the dirt almost immediately. Man I was so soar for the next few days. Never again!

Hey brother, had three horses growing up. Mom showed western pleasure on one and English on her other. The third was a colt out of her western pleasure horse. Ended up being mine as he and I grew. Once I got old enough to really ride I was on him almost every weekend and once in high school I used him quite a bit as a head horse for team roping and on the ranch I worked during summers. Now a days he's a pasture ornament and loves it. But he's getting so old now I'm only thinking he has a few years left. Many of my favorite memories as a kid and a teen I can recall involving horses. Couple of broken bones here and there from breaking a few and getting thrown but all in all just amazing to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hey brother, had three horses growing up. Mom showed western pleasure on one and English on her other. The third was a colt out of her western pleasure horse. Ended up being mine as he and I grew. Once I got old enough to really ride I was on him almost every weekend and once in high school I used him quite a bit as a head horse for team roping and on the ranch I worked during summers. Now a days he's a pasture ornament and loves it. But he's getting so old now I'm only thinking he has a few years left. Many of my favorite memories as a kid and a teen I can recall involving horses. Couple of broken bones here and there from breaking a few and getting thrown but all in all just amazing to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thats awesome brother. I've always said that growing up in a farm environment around livestock gives a person an outlook on life that can only be found through a country lifestyle. Hard work and appreciation for what we have is definately earned from growing up in such a style as this.

I also have many of my best memoroies growing up involving horses. Some of the best times from just being around such an amazing animal. Team roping was something I never got into, although I'm sure its a great time. Its rough seeing them getting older isn't it? Knowing someday that aging horse and old friend will be gone forever. Just remember the goodntimes with them and the memories we have of them is all we can do.

Thanks for sharing your story and experience. Sounds like you had a fun time with them along the way.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131