advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My Changes over 4 years (nearing 5) of training.

Amazing testimony to your dedication, fantastic!

WOW! You look amazing! I think you are one to point out about all these "GENTICS" threads that ask "how do I know if I have them?" Because Im sure you didnt look in the mirror back in the day and think you would look as great as you do now because you knew you had great genetics for bodybuilding! Great job man.

Yea...it was difficult to adjust...mainly because that combo sped my metabolism so quickly, that I wanted so bad to take some peanut butter in or something to slow it down. My trainer said..no..lol...but to cook and eat more. It got to the point where I was eating just about every 45 minutes. Eating over a case of fish a day (bout 20+ fish fillets)..and roughly 12-15 white potatoes. Aside from that..the real problem was the smell...it came thru my pores so strongly that EVERYWHERE i went..i'd hear comments. lol.

One time, was at Publix customer service counter...family walks up and mom says to worker "what is that awful smell?"..the worker said "Oh..i think it's OLD DEAD ROTTEN FISH in the trash can"....awesome..not just fish..but OLD DEAD ROTTEN FISH! lol.

At least I didn't have to carb cycle i guess.....lmao

HAHAH....thats great.

2 questions:

Where do you get cases of fish?

Have you eaten a white potato or piece of cod since? hahah

HAHAH....thats great.

2 questions:

Where do you get cases of fish?

Have you eaten a white potato or piece of cod since? hahah

I found that I could eat Publix brand frozen fresh Cod all day! They have all kinds of fish in that line. You have to ask the manager to sell you or bring in cases for you.

And NO...I dont TOUCH fish now unless i have to. And that's only when I'm punching a gold fish in the face. lol. White potatoes i LOVE tho. Can and do eat those year round.

Yea...it was difficult to adjust...mainly because that combo sped my metabolism so quickly, that I wanted so bad to take some peanut butter in or something to slow it down. My trainer said..no..lol...but to cook and eat more. It got to the point where I was eating just about every 45 minutes. Eating over a case of fish a day (bout 20+ fish fillets)..and roughly 12-15 white potatoes. Aside from that..the real problem was the smell...it came thru my pores so strongly that EVERYWHERE i went..i'd hear comments. lol.

It's pretty amazing how the body responded to that diet. I think it's amazing that certain macro's force the body to respond in different manners. Meaning for example, if you dropped some of the fish and added fats and kept the calories the same you would still have lost weight but probably not at the rate you did. Also I would assume you would not have came in as hard because you were able to feed your body more of what it needed and when doing so you were constantly increasing calories as it was increasing your metabolism = more muscle retained, more fat burned, harder physique.

I have been working with Shelby and use a carb cycling approach. We started off a little slow to see how I responded but as he figured things out I could keep the same basic diet week after week but I was becoming more and more hungry. We would end up adding more carbs on my high day and I would still continue to lean out faster and faster. I just think it's amazing because we first start to think when dieting its about reducing cals, then reducing them more, then more to continue losing when that certainly doesn't seem to be the best approach.

How did you cook your fish btw? Did you use any seasoning aside from Ms. Dash?

man shark every time I look at these pictures I am amazed.....you made an awsome transformation. I wouldnt mind looking like your pic from 2007....if you can remember what did you weigh in that pic......

i think you looked real good in 06-07. Believe it or not You look much younger then what you did right when you started.

It's pretty amazing how the body responded to that diet. I think it's amazing that certain macro's force the body to respond in different manners. Meaning for example, if you dropped some of the fish and added fats and kept the calories the same you would still have lost weight but probably not at the rate you did. Also I would assume you would not have came in as hard because you were able to feed your body more of what it needed and when doing so you were constantly increasing calories as it was increasing your metabolism = more muscle retained, more fat burned, harder physique.

I have been working with Shelby and use a carb cycling approach. We started off a little slow to see how I responded but as he figured things out I could keep the same basic diet week after week but I was becoming more and more hungry. We would end up adding more carbs on my high day and I would still continue to lean out faster and faster. I just think it's amazing because we first start to think when dieting its about reducing cals, then reducing them more, then more to continue losing when that certainly doesn't seem to be the best approach.

How did you cook your fish btw? Did you use any seasoning aside from Ms. Dash?

I definitely enjoy carb cycling more...it's still rough...but not as exhausting as obtaining and preparing SO much fish. And the trainer I used at the time had me using no seasonings at all. Literally, plain cod fish, baked in the oven, and white potatos microwaved.

man shark every time I look at these pictures I am amazed.....you made an awsome transformation. I wouldnt mind looking like your pic from 2007....if you can remember what did you weigh in that pic......

Thanks all! The pic from 2007 was just about the time I competed in the Coastal USA's. I weighed in around 188 @ 5'9". When I've taken bodybuilding as far as I can, that's the size I'd like to go back to I think.

i think you looked real good in 06-07. Believe it or not You look much younger then what you did right when you started.

Thanks very much. I've heard that alot...I think did too. I really looked and FELT 10 years older before I started.

I had hit my low in 2003-2004. Started training on my own in early-mid 2004..and finally opted to work with a trainer who happened to be a bodybuilder! Best decision I ever made.
Thanks,
Lee Alcorn

Amazing. That first 2 year transformation is incredible, then the next 2 is mindblowing. If you don't mind saying, how old are you ? it seems like an amazing trajectory you're on and you do appear younger than the beginning.

Last edited:
Amazing. That first 2 year transformation is incredible, then the next 2 is mindblowing. If you don't mind saying, how old are you ? it seems like an amazing trajectory you're on and you do appear younger than the beginning.

Thanks very much. I'm 37..so i guess I started kinda late. But my body itself, feels so young..maybe because i've only been training about 5 years. I feel like I could go for many more years.

What did you change if you don't mind sharing from 05-07 Shark?

What did you change if you don't mind sharing from 05-07 Shark?

We completely changed my training style between 05'-07'. We trained heavy the first couple of years...which my trainer felt was necessary (and I agree) to build as strong a base as possible.

Approaching 07' we started doing more high-intensity volume training. I believe he called it blood transitioning. Generally, rep ranges are 12-15...and the concept is to pump as much blood as possible into the target muscle group as well as adjoining muscle groups. I have really started growing like crazy since then. I did start throwing in heavy training again this last off-season...and again...seemed to be the right thing to do at the right time...then switched back to the high-intensity again after about 12-16 weeks.

I found that I could eat Publix brand frozen fresh Cod all day! They have all kinds of fish in that line. You have to ask the manager to sell you or bring in cases for you.

And NO...I dont TOUCH fish now unless i have to. And that's only when I'm punching a gold fish in the face. lol. White potatoes i LOVE tho. Can and do eat those year round.

Lol! I don't eat tuna unless I have to. I ate tuna and a can of Veg-All 4x a day in college when I lived in the dorms. I can't stand it now. :chee;y-sm

Great progression through out the years! Kudos to you!! Thanks for sharing with us. :)

What are your future plans?

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner