over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

my father needs your help guys..please read

dr intensity

Registered
Hey guys,
This is about my dad @ 56 years old, so kindly share your words of wisdom with me, so that i can help out my father to live as long as he can.
My father stats
BodyWeight:-215lbs hieght 5 feet 8inches
Has never done any kind of diet/training ever, he suffered a Massive Heart Attack 6 months back..(got away with angioplasty,angiography..no by pass surgery)

History of the present illness
@ Diabetes type 2 since 15 years
Hypthroidism
Obesity (30% bodyfat)

Hyperstension
(metformin-500x3) glimpride
Hypthryoidism t4-100mcg
Obesity (30% bodyfat)- Norstatins-40milligram
Hyperstension:- Ramipril 2.5 mg, some Calcium Channel blocker, Asprin-75mg
CQ-10-300mg, Fish oil Cap-3000mg

My goal is to get my Dad to the best of his health to prolong his health to atleast the next 20-25 years.
He is not on HRT, however he has agreed upon it, but not in the injectable form...lol

My goal is get him down :- 10-14 percent bodyfat with some muscle mass this would get him rid of most of the ailments, because i being a medical student i know almost(70%) Cardiovascular system all ailments start appearing with obesity, especially during the beginning of the oldage(58-85).offcourse there disease which appear at the birth to the age of 55 yes ..not denying that..lol

If you wish to reply please feel free to do so, but if you find it too lenghty to type you may type some berief points so that i get your point, it wont be difficult for me to understand, i understand both (fitness building, to bodybuilding, muscle building etc Hormones,getting reddy for contest as well as medicines being a medical student etc....lol)

Please feel free to comment on
1.General Health Improvement
2. Diet
3.Training
4. Supplementation

Would really appreciate
Thank you

Last edited:
I suggest you take your dad to see a nutritionist .

Hey guys,
This is about my dad @ 56 years old, so kindly share your words of wisdom with me, so that i can help out my father to live as long as he can.
My father stats
BodyWeight:-215lbs hieght 5 feet 8inches
Has never done any kind of diet/training ever, he suffered a Massive Heart Attack 6 months back..(got away with angioplasty,angiography..no by pass surgery)

History of the present illness
@ Diabetes type 2 since 15 years
Hypthroidism
Obesity (30% bodyfat)

Hyperstension
(metformin-500x3) glimpride
Hypthryoidism t4-100mcg
Obesity (30% bodyfat)- Norstatins-40milligram
Hyperstension:- Ramipril 2.5 mg, some Calcium Channel blocker, Asprin-75mg
CQ-10-300mg, Fish oil Cap-3000mg

My goal is to get my Dad to the best of his health to prolong his health to atleast the next 20-25 years.
He is not on HRT, however he has agreed upon it, but not in the injectable form...lol

My goal is get him down :- 10-14 percent bodyfat with some muscle mass this would get him rid of most of the ailments, because i being a medical student i know almost(70%) Cardiovascular system all ailments start appearing with obesity, especially during the beginning of the oldage(58-85).offcourse there disease which appear at the birth to the age of 55 yes ..not denying that..lol

If you wish to reply please feel free to do so, but if you find it too lenghty to type you may type some berief points so that i get your point, it wont be difficult for me to understand, i understand both (fitness building, to bodybuilding, muscle building etc Hormones,getting reddy for contest as well as medicines being a medical student etc....lol)

Please feel free to comment on
1.General Health Improvement
2. Diet
3.Training
4. Supplementation

Would really appreciate
Thank you
You can wish in one hand and shit in the other...but until and unless you dad wants to change his dietary and training lifestyle he wont get any better in the long run.

what is his diet like right now?
read some of Mountaindog writings. it did well with me and my family.

I wish the best for your dad. I was not as lucky as you, my father fell over dead from a massive heart attack at the age of 52.

In the end, he is going to have to want to make the changes to his lifestyle.

I wish you guys the best of luck....it;s never too late to make changes and start fresh.

my dad has agreed to the life style changes
write now

his diet is
meal 1:- 2 whole eggs + 2 egg whites + oatmeal

meal 2:- protein shake +1tbs peanut butter

meal 3:- boiled chicken 6-7 oz with salad + 2 slices of bread(whole grain)

meal 4:- 25 pieces of almonds/cashews + protein shake

meal 5:- boiled chicken 6-7 oz with salad

chicken cooked in olive oil

he has following this for the last 1 week, now that he just had a myocardial infarction :- sub-endocardial - double coronary block one was 60 percent the other one was 35%.
however he passed the treadmill test,

but, i want him to join me in wt training, however this is a the one thing i am afraid off.
every week i get his ECG done ...comes out to be stable,blood sugar is under control(however fluctuates once in 1nhalf months).

Doctors know shit about diet and training and especially when it comes to weight training.. so help me out guys o chalk out a plan

would really appreciate
thank you
Dr intensity

Last edited:
I wish the best for your dad. I was not as lucky as you, my father fell over dead from a massive heart attack at the age of 52.

In the end, he is going to have to want to make the changes to his lifestyle.

I wish you guys the best of luck....it;s never too late to make changes and start fresh.

thank you buddy, just the thought of my dad`s bad health and mainifestations freaks the hell out of me. Sorry to hear about your loss

So i have decided to get him to the best and only the best of health in the next 6-8 months.

Last edited:
You can wish in one hand and shit in the other...but until and unless you dad wants to change his dietary and training lifestyle he wont get any better in the long run.

oh yes i have convinced him and made him promise that he will change every thing possible.

thanks bro

Doctors know shit about diet and training and especially when it comes to weight training.. so help me out guys o chalk out a plan

perhaps not about weight training, but they do know about heart conditions and what exercises are suitible to start with. he should be seeing a cardiologist and i suggest he get the ok to start weight training from him. he can also suggest a proper cardiac diet for your father to follow. you havent mentioned anything about sodium intake, that has alot to do with high bp. he might want to add some fish to that diet. chicken will get old real fast. its great that you want to help your dad, but you are a young man... he isnt. he should also talk to his dr. about trt. dont just stick him on anabolics without his dr knowing about it. not smart.

My was 62 with high BF%, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, terrible diet, and did no cardio or weight training. I got him on 250mg Test C per week, 4 iu's of GH EOD, and 25mg of Aromasin per day. He does weight training 3 days a week now (Built Like A Badass by Joe Defranco) and may do some walking when he has time. His diet is better but he still eats too much junk. 6 months later he has gone from 262 to 220 and no longer has type 2 diabetes. He feels great, sleeps better, and has much more energy.

As for the diet above, I think with his age and health issues fruits/veggies can NOT be excluded. We are looking overall health, not get shredded for a beach trip.

Sent from my HTC Inspire

My was 62 with high BF%, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, terrible diet, and did no cardio or weight training. I got him on 250mg Test C per week, 4 iu's of GH EOD, and 25mg of Aromasin per day. He does weight training 3 days a week now (Built Like A Badass by Joe Defranco) and may do some walking when he has time. His diet is better but he still eats too much junk. 6 months later he has gone from 262 to 220 and no longer has type 2 diabetes. He feels great, sleeps better, and has much more energy.

Op, look at the ai here. It's possible that his bodyfat is inducing the low testosterone and definitely would use one while he is obese and on trt if you go that way.

Sent from my HTC Inspire

I've been training for 2 years now and been all around every anabolic since I was 16, I have seen every type of person with all kinds of shit wrong with them just cause there obese, sad to Say the least, I was recently talking to a 59 year old man that had weighed 300 pounds 9 months earlier, he has a pace maker and had diabetes, he told me his doctor put him on 500mgs per week at the 2 month mark of soils work out everyday(by soild I mean walking 12pm everyday at a snails pace) then he worked up to some curls and bench and back after 3 months, told me after 2 weeks of that first shot he felt better than he has in 30 years, also this guy was 5'10" not to far off of your dads stature, but I agree with what had been previously stated and maybe a little too harshly that he simply has to want it for himself to make it happen, otherwise he will end up right where no son wants him to,
Let suppose he was ready to start doing this tomorrow

Simply start eating better, low fat foods, don't eat before bed, no junk shit, more veggies and fruit, the basics.... KISS

Training for him needs to start real slow so his body doesn't freak out and give, I would say put his treadmill at a slight incline say 20 degrees and let him Start walking everyday for a month till you see that it's too easyfor him now and bring the incline up, repeat as needed until it's too easy onthe tread mill,
Now once u have reached that point in let's just guess 3-4 months depending on his cooperation and determination and bodily response to it all,
Have him start some bench, curl, leg press, back.... Simple muscles that don't put too much strain on his body,
Now back in magic land let's say he has lost 30 pounds by now and is doing allot better and really doin all he needs to be, then consider the test... Once he gets to that point u can pretty much assure yourself you will has to force him put ofthe gym, his body is so depleted of test he will feel great again, higher test levels bring dopamine levels up and he will be looking up on his newly created situation and grateful for u.... Then again we are in magic land at the moment riding our unicorns.

All in all he has to want it....

I was in a similar situation with my father. As people get older they seriously get more stubborn. Trying to have my dad change his lifestyle was like leading a horse to water who isn't thirsty.

I hope you're able to make a positive change in his life bro!

perhaps not about weight training, but they do know about heart conditions and what exercises are suitible to start with. he should be seeing a cardiologist and i suggest he get the ok to start weight training from him. he can also suggest a proper cardiac diet for your father to follow. you havent mentioned anything about sodium intake, that has alot to do with high bp. he might want to add some fish to that diet. chicken will get old real fast. its great that you want to help your dad, but you are a young man... he isnt. he should also talk to his dr. about trt. dont just stick him on anabolics without his dr knowing about it. not smart.

yes his "Na" intake is pretty low, he is hypertensive but for the past few months its under control, 120/80mm of hg..... can you recommend some online Cardiologist + Endocrinologists who are related to our sports(bodybuilding), becoz the one + many other cardiologist who did his angiography+angioplasty..have recommended only low intensity walking 2.5-3 miles/day, that`s all they know when it comes to exercise.

I've been training for 2 years now and been all around every anabolic since I was 16, I have seen every type of person with all kinds of shit wrong with them just cause there obese, sad to Say the least, I was recently talking to a 59 year old man that had weighed 300 pounds 9 months earlier, he has a pace maker and had diabetes, he told me his doctor put him on 500mgs per week at the 2 month mark of soils work out everyday(by soild I mean walking 12pm everyday at a snails pace) then he worked up to some curls and bench and back after 3 months, told me after 2 weeks of that first shot he felt better than he has in 30 years, also this guy was 5'10" not to far off of your dads stature, but I agree with what had been previously stated and maybe a little too harshly that he simply has to want it for himself to make it happen, otherwise he will end up right where no son wants him to,
Let suppose he was ready to start doing this tomorrow

Simply start eating better, low fat foods, don't eat before bed, no junk shit, more veggies and fruit, the basics.... KISS

Training for him needs to start real slow so his body doesn't freak out and give, I would say put his treadmill at a slight incline say 20 degrees and let him Start walking everyday for a month till you see that it's too easyfor him now and bring the incline up, repeat as needed until it's too easy onthe tread mill,
Now once u have reached that point in let's just guess 3-4 months depending on his cooperation and determination and bodily response to it all,
Have him start some bench, curl, leg press, back.... Simple muscles that don't put too much strain on his body,
Now back in magic land let's say he has lost 30 pounds by now and is doing allot better and really doin all he needs to be, then consider the test... Once he gets to that point u can pretty much assure yourself you will has to force him put ofthe gym, his body is so depleted of test he will feel great again, higher test levels bring dopamine levels up and he will be looking up on his newly created situation and grateful for u.... Then again we are in magic land at the moment riding our unicorns.

All in all he has to want it....

thanks alot, awesome post.

I was in a similar situation with my father. As people get older they seriously get more stubborn. Trying to have my dad change his lifestyle was like leading a horse to water who isn't thirsty.

I hope you're able to make a positive change in his life bro!

man! this is so true, my father is one stubborn guy, but somehow, after a lot of brain washing for the past 5-6 months, i had to become twice as stubborn as he is..finally i succeeded....thanks to my stubbornesss..lol.
he has finally agreed for
Hormone Replacement therapy....under some endocrinologist + Cardiologist who is well oriented with Exercises.

thanks alot my friend,can you provide me more details about joe defranco as i am not from US, so the only way to communicate with this gentleman would be through email.

would appreciate
thanks

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear