over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My first BJJ competition

Big Dave Smith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hey guys. I've been taking BJJ for a total of about 5 months. I started going for 3-4 months straight, then got 2 new jobs which caused me to stop going. I just got back into it in Jan... but once a week every Friday so far.

Here is my first No-Gi grappling match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0RfjbFKqQ8

2nd match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfZg8...e=channel_page

The others are uploading. I'll get them in here to.

Trying to balance BB and BJJ. They're two hobbies I have that I feel like I can constantly learn and improve. Doing the Pittsburgh and a few Indy shows this year... with grappling tourneys inbetween. Might do NAGA white belt and beginner no-gi at the Arnold.

i wrestled in high school, 3rd in the state at 145. i miss that type of shit, the smell of the mats and all that good stuff. 2nd vid dont work

what is your weight

i wrestled in high school, 3rd in the state at 145. i miss that type of shit, the smell of the mats and all that good stuff. 2nd vid dont work

what is your weight

259 right now... but I'll be near the 225 weight limit to make heavies instead of super heavies when I get closer to my shows this year.

nice, you can tell your well put together and you hit the weights. being stroger than your opponent is a great feeling. that fat dude didnt have a shot lol

Good job, what shows do you plan on doing this year?

sick!

I wrestled my whole life (I'm from IN by the way) and I have often thought about doing BJJ when I either stop training the way I do or just phase out of bodybuilding.

They have several places out here now and it looks like fun because it's challenging.

Nice work. Keep it up and keep us posted.

Big Dave,

That is great that you can mix BB with BJJ together...I have a hard time doing BB and living life ...LOL !!! Great job

chris

awesome job Dave.....Ive seen your workouts and I know how truly powerful you are....have you been surprised at the power you have over people with a semblance of the same grappling skill that you have and in the same weight class?

Hey guys. I've been taking BJJ for a total of about 5 months. I started going for 3-4 months straight, then got 2 new jobs which caused me to stop going. I just got back into it in Jan... but once a week every Friday so far.

Here is my first No-Gi grappling match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0RfjbFKqQ8

2nd match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfZg8...e=channel_page

The others are uploading. I'll get them in here to.

Trying to balance BB and BJJ. They're two hobbies I have that I feel like I can constantly learn and improve. Doing the Pittsburgh and a few Indy shows this year... with grappling tourneys inbetween. Might do NAGA white belt and beginner no-gi at the Arnold.

I love BJJ. Been doing it for about a year. Been a few weeks since I last practiced though, I gotta get back to it!!

The white sweats were hiding all of your muscles....:confused:

lol....just joking Dave:D

Awesome job bro, looks like you had fun doing it, congrats!:)

BMJ

sick!

I wrestled my whole life (I'm from IN by the way) and I have often thought about doing BJJ when I either stop training the way I do or just phase out of bodybuilding.

They have several places out here now and it looks like fun because it's challenging.

Nice work. Keep it up and keep us posted.

Let me know if you ever want to try it. It's addicting. I was really scared before the tourney, but now that it's over, I want to learn as much as possible. It's a GREAT sport. If you are ever interested, I can send you in a good direction for school. PM me bro. Where are you in Indy? I live in Broad Ripple.

awesome job Dave.....Ive seen your workouts and I know how truly powerful you are....have you been surprised at the power you have over people with a semblance of the same grappling skill that you have and in the same weight class?

Thanks Dante! I actually was kind of surprised my strength was WAY more than theirs. I can hold my gable grip until I want to leave go and I can grab collars on Gi's the same way. I used a little muscle in the tourneys, but I want to be as sound technically as I can so that I conserve the strength for when I SHOULD use it. I actually got... well... I'll call it out "gravitied" because I tapped out while in side mount in my first and only Gi match. The guy on top of me was 6'5 and 320lbs. He landed funny on my rib, it popped twice, and that was enough for me to say "Okay, I have to go to work on Monday... TAP!"

I'm going to try to come in SUPER lean this year and make 225 for my shows... which is also the cut off for BJJ...

Designbuilt: The Pittsburgh for sure. If I've made the improvements needed, I'll do Juniors. If I haven't I take another year off and try harder next year. I'll do the Central Indiana and the Indianapolis because they're 6/6 and 6/13.

Chris250: It's hard. I'm actually lowering my cable bill because I never even turn on my TV. Both sports are equally addicting.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws