over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

my girlfriend needs our help

king1033

Registered
Ok so when it comes to diet I have no problem figuring out what to eat for MYSELF, because I know my body and know how it works and know what I respond to etc. you guys know what I mean obviously. Now my girlfriend has always let me do my thing when it comes to bodybuilding, she respects my profession (personal trainer) and what I do in the gym, but when it comes to diet I have a hard time deciding what she can eat,
ok stats
she is 35yrs old 5'8" 138 BF% unknown but on the low side although you cant see stomach definition.
She has not been to the gym in 5 years but still has a good amount of muscle definition left, she used to do a ton of modeling and wass in the gym quite frequently. 9 week goals would probably be to bring her down to around 125-130. She has SCOLIOSIS so that is where I am stumped when it comes to the training, Obviously im not gonna put her in the power rack and have her put 135 on her traps and tell her to go ass to grass lol. so I am going to write a diet and workout plan and please critique.

Another one of my concerns is when it comes to carbs they are my best friend (complex and some simple in the morning) but I understand for women its not the same story or does the media have me confused too lol.

DIET

Meal 1 (she would rather have a shake during this meal because she gets nauseus eating whole food in the morning....i know i know Im gonna work with her on this because I feel its important to have whole food to get that metab burning and runnin but then again a shake with oats, whey and EVOO sounds like it could also be a nice kickstart)
1/2cup oats
1 scoop whey
1/2tbsp EVOO

Meal 2
3 egg whites 1 whole egg
1/2 cup spinach
1 slice ezekial

Meal 3
4-6oz fish/chicken
1/2 cup Brown rice
1 cup brocolli

snack - some nuts (macadamia, almonds, walnuts)

Meal 4
same as meal 2

Meal 5
4-6oz fish/chicken/ground turkey breast
1 egg mixed in
1 tbsp EVOO mixed in

now im trying to apply protein and fats more towards the evening cutting out carbs since i burn fat like crazy on HIGH P/F and Low C, also going to be incorporated phsylium husk and acidolphilus in her diet too because she complains on not have regular bowel movents but I think thats her 2 meal a day diet to blame.

training,
I could only get a 3 day split out of her lol because anymore than that she says its what US freaks do hahahaha.

so Im thinking splitting it up M/W/F I am going to stick with basic movements since she hasnt been to the gym in 5 years i feel her body will do just fine with the basics to begin with and remember she has SCOLIOSIS SO PLEASE ANYTHING I NAME THAT YOU FEEL MIGHT AGGRIVATE HER SCOLIOSIS PLEASE POINT IT OUT AND MAKE SUGGESTIONS I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT.

Monday - shoulders, arms
DB side raises 10/8/8
bicep curls 10/10/8/8
tricep cable push downs 10/8/8

wed - legs
THIS IS WHERE I AM STUCK BECAUSE OF HER SCOLIOSIS I DO NOT WANT TO PUT PREASURE ON THE SPINE COULD SOMEONE PM ME A GOOD LEG ROUTINE FOR HER CONDITION.

friday - back/chest/abs
incline DB press 10/10/8
leg lifts 20/20/20
decline sit ups 20/20/20
NOT SURE WHAT EXCERSIZES SHE CAN DO FOR BACK DUE TO SCOLIOSIS SO HELP HERE WOULD BE AWESOME. also quick question she had a boob job done and doesnt wanna do that much chest work because she is worried it will mess up her "perfect" boob job lol... she can be a little much at times im sure you fellas know what i mean...she is a picky one lol.

and Cardio will be done for 15 minutes before and after the workout and all main deep stretchs of all muscles will be performed post workout.

on tuesday and thursday and sat she will perform 45 minutes of cardio 2.5mph full incline. I dont really want her to run because I personally feel thats just death to the knees in the long run. she definitely has the physique to do figure EASILYY but she is not interested but I feel it wont take much for her body to respond but so far how does this look and also I need help on the leg day and back day due to her SCOLIOSIS.
thanks again in advance I always like the fact that we are a community that is always down to help eachother..
later brothers!

Last edited:
I cook what i need to eat. My wife can eat what i eat (She doesnt weigh here food like i do). It will be good for them to eat as clean as we do. If they are not into fitness or body building (My wife is not) they dont need to weigh their portions. My wife just fixes herself a plate of what i have cooked for that meal. Once in a while she doesnt like what i prepared so i will cook her something simple like mac and cheese or a grilled cheese or she will just eat a bowl of cereal. If she wants more than that she can cook it herself.

I cook what i need to eat. My wife can eat what i eat (She doesnt weigh here food like i do). It will be good for them to eat as clean as we do. If they are not into fitness or body building (My wife is not) they dont need to weigh their portions. My wife just fixes herself a plate of what i have cooked for that meal. Once in a while she doesnt like what i prepared so i will cook her something simple like mac and cheese or a grilled cheese or she will just eat a bowl of cereal. If she wants more than that she can cook it herself.

oh no no she WANTS to get on a routine and regime, lets just say she wants to act like she is going in for a comp in 9-12 weeks she said she will do what i say "whatever it takes" she said, I am the one that will be weighing her food and making it and going to the gym with her and training her she will be put to work, i dont wanna get too off topic but thank you for the input.

Put her on the Iso calorie diet..33/33/33...It's a very easy diet to follow

im going for maximum results in a short amount. also her doc wants to put her on hormones and i think its bullshit they wanna put her on triest and prometrium (progestone) and I dont think she needs the hormones.... what do you guys think? also anyone have input on the training and her scoliosis and does diet look good for the most part? I did research and it doesnt look they would do harm but I just wanna make sure my baby is safe I dont want her hurting herself because people seem to be under the impression every doctor is a great doctor and im sure most this board knows thats bullshit.

Last edited:
How would the spine problems affect the weight training? I have a twisted spine and hips from an accident and it doesn't stop me from weight training and competing. I do see a chiropractor 3 times a week to help straighten me out because you can tell I am crooked on stage. I do barbell squats of 185lbs ass to the floor.

im going for maximum results in a short amount. also her doc wants to put her on hormones and i think its bullshit they wanna put her on triest and prometrium (progestone) and I dont think she needs the hormones.... what do you guys think? also anyone have input on the training and her scoliosis and does diet look good for the most part? I did research and it doesnt look they would do harm but I just wanna make sure my baby is safe I dont want her hurting herself because people seem to be under the impression every doctor is a great doctor and im sure most this board knows thats bullshit.

King i have scoliosis, i have had it since i was in 3rd grade or something like that and i am 36 years old. although i am a man i can tell you that it does not affect my training as far as excersices i can do or heavy weight lifted (I Dead lift a lot). i hope that helps a little

I just wanted to be sure and quadroople check she is my baby after all.

her doc wants to put her on hormones and i think its bullshit they wanna put her on triest and prometrium (progestone) and I dont think she needs the hormones.... what do you guys think?

Her MD assuredly knows her medical history and needs 1000X greater than we possibly could. If in doubt, a medical 2nd opinion would be wise.

She has SCOLIOSIS so that is where I am stumped when it comes to the training, Obviously im not gonna put her in the power rack and have her put 135 on her traps and tell her to go ass to grass lol

I have scoliosis also and have been training and stayed healthy for 18 years. I'm sure you don't need my advice, but this has kept me healthy over the years. Legs day - heavy on the hip sled followed by light squats. Shoulder presses - keep 100% concentration of keeping the spine pressed against the bench. Shoulder pressing is a second thought. With having scoliosis, protecting the spine is first and training is second........or your years of training will be cut short. I'm no doctor, but my protocol has worked for the last 18 years. I limit all spine compressing movements and go heavy as I can with all lateral movements. I do curls, rows etc. as heavy as I can, but limit the compression movemnts. Just offering what has worked for me.

Best wishes to her and her training!
DLStryker

She has SCOLIOSIS so that is where I am stumped when it comes to the training, Obviously im not gonna put her in the power rack and have her put 135 on her traps and tell her to go ass to grass lol

I have scoliosis also and have been training and stayed healthy for 18 years. I'm sure you don't need my advice, but this has kept me healthy over the years. Legs day - heavy on the hip sled followed by light squats. Shoulder presses - keep 100% concentration of keeping the spine pressed against the bench. Shoulder pressing is a second thought. With having scoliosis, protecting the spine is first and training is second........or your years of training will be cut short. I'm no doctor, but my protocol has worked for the last 18 years. I limit all spine compressing movements and go heavy as I can with all lateral movements. I do curls, rows etc. as heavy as I can, but limit the compression movemnts. Just offering what has worked for me.

Best wishes to her and her training!
DLStryker

yea this was more along the lines i was thinking, I do want to keep the spine protected reguardless if certain movements feel fine NOW, i dont want her to be in really bad pain 5 years from now. ok so monday we begin her program, she is excited!! maybe ill start a log for her in the log forums so women interested or guys who have girlfriends who want to train feel free to join look for the thread on monday.

yea this was more along the lines i was thinking, I do want to keep the spine protected reguardless if certain movements feel fine NOW, i dont want her to be in really bad pain 5 years from now. ok so monday we begin her program, she is excited!! maybe ill start a log for her in the log forums so women interested or guys who have girlfriends who want to train feel free to join look for the thread on monday.

You've got a good head on you shoulder bro and obviously love your girl. You are right. The damage won't be today, but will come in the future. 20% deviation gives some n'th to the degree of pressure on the opposing side of the disk.

My girlfriend is an ex personal trainer and has gotten out of shape the last two years. Don't get wrong..LOL... just no abs.

We are starting our new program on Monday. Hope to year about your GF's progress.

My GF is sitting here beside me and we have been discussing this.

We know girls that have made excellent progress with ass to the floor squats at 95lbs working up to 135lbs.

Keep us informed bro.

Best wishes.
DLStryker

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828