advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Nagging pain on outside of left elbow. How to fix?

Landmonster

Registered
Hi guys.

I've had a nagging lifting injury, on the outside of my left elbow. I don't know how I hurt myself, because I don't ever really recall any sharp pain or specific incident.

However, I have nagging pain that doesn't go away now. It hurts when I do basically any heavy tricep extension movement, especially skull crushers. I've tried laying off direct tricep work, but I still do chest and shoulders.... it hasn't gotten any better in about 6 weeks.

My right tricep joint is fine, but my left one hurts on any heavy pressing (i.e., bench press, dips, overhead press, etc), or especially on any heavy extensions (skull crusher, cable pushdowns, etc).

Any ideas how to fix this? Supplements, drugs, therapy, etc?

Not 100% sure exactly area you mean, but if its the anconeus muscle (google it), I would recommend a chiro or MT that does ART active release therapy.

Not 100% sure exactly area you mean, but if its the anconeus muscle (google it), I would recommend a chiro or MT that does ART active release therapy.

x2, I tried many things to help with my inner and outer elbow pain and nothing help, I started going to an ART practitioner and improved fairly quickly, bro use lighter weights for your triceps, also with skull crushers when my elbows were hurting me I would do them on the decline bench, keeping from shoulder to elbow in fixed position and lowering bar behind head,but I still recommend ART, when I started getting it I did not have to stop working out. as a matter of fact I was able to increase poundage's used and intensity.

It's the area right above the ball on my elbow, like the very bottom of the tricep.

If u have insurance I say that cuz ur $$$ situation idk nor my biz go to ur local M.D. get shot a decadron it will give u immediate relief but don't take it for granted take few days off let all that inflammation reside

Sent from my HTC One VX using Tapatalk

I have the same problem with my elbow. Think I hurt it on heavy skull crushers. It hurts on any pressing movements and especially when doing tricep work. It also hurts if I press on it with my finger or bump something with my elbow. It's been this way for a couple of months now. Usually any aches and pains that I have subside within a week, but this one is persistent. It's not muscle, it's like maybe the tie in or tendon from the muscle to the elbow. Tendinitis?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Have the exact same nagging pain in my left elbow. It's been bothering me for months.I have been doing light triceps but still have pain. I recently started deca and it's felling better.

sounds like tennis elbow... tendonitis of some kind... extend ur arm fully out in front of you with your fingers pointed forward... take ur free hand and press down on the top of the middle finger on the pointed hand and resist the pressure w ur middle finger... are you getting a shooting pain up in that area?

Hi guys.

I've had a nagging lifting injury, on the outside of my left elbow. I don't know how I hurt myself, because I don't ever really recall any sharp pain or specific incident.

However, I have nagging pain that doesn't go away now. It hurts when I do basically any heavy tricep extension movement, especially skull crushers. I've tried laying off direct tricep work, but I still do chest and shoulders.... it hasn't gotten any better in about 6 weeks.

My right tricep joint is fine, but my left one hurts on any heavy pressing (i.e., bench press, dips, overhead press, etc), or especially on any heavy extensions (skull crusher, cable pushdowns, etc).

Any ideas how to fix this? Supplements, drugs, therapy, etc?

Hey mate,

Almost everything you described is similar to what happened to me a few months ago. The pain I had never seemed to get better after more than 8 weeks. However, after I started taking Winstrol for 2 weeks, my elbow pain suddenly improved, and I recovered by at least 80-90%. I'm now nearly 100% after 3 weeks or so.

If you're interested, please check out this thread here, as I went into more details regarding the problem, how I was able to fix it, and my theory (with a research article to back it up) on how Winstrol was able to help speed up my recovery.

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...ctually-help-heal-elbow-ligament-injury.html?

sounds like tennis elbow... tendonitis of some kind... extend ur arm fully out in front of you with your fingers pointed forward... take ur free hand and press down on the top of the middle finger on the pointed hand and resist the pressure w ur middle finger... are you getting a shooting pain up in that area?

BINGO!! I'm willing to bet it's tennis elbow which as my Doctor explained to me is a funny name for it because tennis players very rarely get it...Go see the Doc and see if a cortisone shot will relieve the issue...That's assuming of course it's diagnosed as tennis elbow. The downside if it is tennis elbow is that it could end up being a recurring thing that will drive you nuts..

I wouldn't go right to cortisone. ... i would try a rehab training program with stretching and art maybe..... when i had mine i used curcumin/tb4.... helped tremendous

I wouldn't go right to cortisone. ... i would try a rehab training program with stretching and art maybe..... when i had mine i used curcumin/tb4.... helped tremendous

^^^this and stop locking out your elbow on presses and extensions. On skulls lighten up and pause in the streach as well keeps momentum down

Ice it for 10 minutes then heat 10 minutes with rest. I've had this at times and its about all you can do. Take Tylenol to help with pain. I would still lift with it and take the pain but its not good for it but I would still do it lol.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131