over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Nauseous after working legs. Fixes?

kscowboy

Kilo Klub Member / Board Supporter
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
Ok this actually happens to me quite a bit after working legs and i was wondering if it happens to anyone else and does anyone have any tips to help prevent this in the future. THanks KS

I think I'd be justified in saying.. Welcome to the club, on that one! sounds like youre doing something right :) still depends on how nauseous you get I guess? Ive been close to vomiting a couple of times.

Yeah i have been close to puking the last 2 leg workouts. DIdnt puke but it was touch and go today.

I have thrown up on occasion and have gotten light headed to the point I'm seeing stars. In retrospect I wasnt breathing properly and was going balls out as well. Seems to mainly be a leg thing for me.

I trained legs with Heinz one day and I didn't know if I wanted to puke or pass out. Afterwards I tried laying on the locker room floor but I had to keep getting up because I thought I'd puke.....Eventually I drank a gatorade and felt better.

Ok this actually happens to me quite a bit after working legs and i was wondering if it happens to anyone else and does anyone have any tips to help prevent this in the future. THanks KS

bro if you feel nauseous that probably mean you trained them hard, keep up the good work!

i do not know how long you have trained heavy, but when i was a kid in high school training legs always me me sick to my stomach, it goes away after a while

At least we all know how to train, on the edge.

I just lift on an empty stomach and I never get nauseous. Light-headed, yes. I get "buzzed" from being stupid and not breathing properly.

:D

:D

I feel like this every time I do legs. That just means your doing it right :)

Like most have said it just shows you are doing it right. Low volume but intense. You want your workouts to be a struggle. Keep up the good work. After squats and leg presses I am need of a lay down.

I should add ginger root is excellent for nausea. It is also good for digestive health so a great supplement to take. I fully recommend it. Another good benefit being shown in studies is it can help raise testosterone levels. All in all defo worth a try. Go with 550mg twice daily.

One word: breathe!

Squats and leg presses can be very taxing on the cardiovascular system. To avoid getting nauseous/seeing stars:

1) make sure to use a proper breathing technique. this is very important! if you don't, the results can be nausea and a splitting headache. (caused by a lack of oxygen)

2) Drink a lot of water during your workout. Avoid dehydration at all costs.

3) I've found eating a fruit or just downing some simple carbs with my water also helps.

Squats and leg presses can be very taxing on the cardiovascular system. To avoid getting nauseous/seeing stars:

1) make sure to use a proper breathing technique. this is very important! if you don't, the results can be nausea and a splitting headache. (caused by a lack of oxygen)

3) I've found eating a fruit or just downing some simple carbs with my water also helps.

I agree....especially the simple carbs.....juice, banana...gatorade....whatever you can get your hands on.

I agree x2. Breathing is key. Even if you forget to just on the last rep it can still result in you seeing stars as they say. Always ensure you use proper breathing technique as Athlete stated.

Although if you workout that intensely even if your fully hydrated and breathing is spot on you might still feel nausous at times. Not really natural to be putting it under that much strain as most of us do everytime we enter the gym.

My fav fruit is an apple for alittle boost. Even out of the gym if I feel alittle sick fruit is the first thing I look for. After the gym a good carb powder can help such as vitargo or waxy maize. Raspberry powerade is a new fav of mine.

You should be asking for a fix if you're NOT nauseous after a leg training workout. I'd say, keep doing what you're doing.
I am making the assumption that you are properly hydrated, and fed before workouts. If this is true, keep up the good work!!

Yeah i drink the entire time i work out. Plus i usually eat about 30 minutes before i workout. I might try an empty stomach and maybe some simple carbs instead.

Thanks for all the help fellas. Great responses here!!!

Welcome to leg training done right. If you're not a little afraid of the squat rack something is wrong

seems like most say that you are doing it right and keep it up. uhhh, i feel that if i train and i feel sick then i'm doing something wrong, not right. some foods need to be avoided before training. number #1 milk! then theres eggs, heavy shakes, or any large meal. try foods with little bulk. food causes increased blood flow into the stomach for digestion...possible nausea. another is possible hypoglycemia. learn what foods and drugs can cause this...coffee!

maybe decrease your intensity some. sometimes you gotta ask yourself how much more will you improve "killin" yourself in the gym! train smarter, not harder.

this is what absolutely scares me the most and why i do not go to the limit: aneurisms.

Ive had this happen a bit, almost fainted a couple times also. If find some quick carbs help alot.

did you try fapping right after????

great job, you are working them hard. maybe cut back just a little. Heck i have even passed out after a heavy set. you don't have to kill yourself to build muscle....

For years I used to puke during most workouts. Not just legs, but biceps, calves, etc. I used to get so nauseous and sick I was having panic attacks during workouts.

I think I figured out why: use of whey protein and protein powders in general. Dropped them and haven't puked since or even felt very sick.

Puking and feeling sick is no goal and not a sign you're progressing. The better you feel, the faster you recover between sets, the better. Means you can push yourself hard(er). You're handling bigger weights, going harder yet feeling pretty good and recovering fast: great!

JMO.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner