over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

need some training advice from pro's

jimboslice

Newbies
first of all I'm 5'11, 170, 24yrs old, and I've been training pretty hard for the last 2-3 years and it seems no matter what I do I have problems gaining. My diet is extremely good except sometimes I don't have time for breakfast. I've tried a circuit type workout for my boxing which helps my endurance but does nothing for size and I've tried heavy weights with low reps. More than anything I want my biceps and chest to grow but it seems no matter what I do I can't seem to gain much. Any suggestions, workouts, etc.?

If you could give us specifics regarding your training and daily dietary intake it would help immensely.

this is what my boxing trainer just had me start about 3 weeks ago.

monday - flat bench 12/8/6/6, incline 12/8/8/6/6, superset balance incline weight machine with dumbell fly's 3x10, min rest then 3x20 pushups. 3 min break between sets with flat/incline and 1 min between pushups.

tues - 2x10 pullups (3minrest), 2x5 weighted pullups, (3minrest), lat pull downs 12/10/8/6 (2minrest), biangular 12/10/8/8, forearms, deadlift.

weds - legs

thurs - triceps/biceps/shoulders

friday - abs/boxing/jiu jitsu

sat - run/cardio

sun - off

there's more to tuesday's workout but I can't remember right off hand and the same with the rest of the week. I'll post the exact workout when I find the paper.

no wonder you cant gain weight!. between all those sets, boxing , and ju jitsu your borning a ton of calories. you need to eat more. if your a hard gainer like me look into something with lower volume, Higher intensity. if you want help setting up a program pm me and id be glad to help you out. just remember no matter what program you use it takes alot of work and time.

Here is the best advice......................if you want to be a boxer then continue to be trained as one...................if you want to add muscle then you need to train like a body builder, so get a body building trainer!!

oldfella, love the attitude. But yea, that's what I wanna do for sure now. The endurance I'm getting from this workout is great but I want to add some size.

Well, there's only one thing that will make you bigger than you are now. MORE FOOD. The quality of what you put on will be DIRECTLY related to what you put in...

2 things are gonna make you grow. first is food, you need more and you need quality, second is training. you need to train to grow, im sure with boxing and ju jitsu your in good shape but yo dont look like a body builder, thats what you need to change.

oldfella, love the attitude. But yea, that's what I wanna do for sure now. The endurance I'm getting from this workout is great but I want to add some size.
Your entire mode of training needs to change along with the nutrition. You are doing way to much work in the cardio zone of training. You need to scale this back and start pumping bigger poundages and fewer exercises. Focus solely on big compound movements.

I go through this all the time with guys at my gym. They do too much and then wonder why no growth. Or on the other hand they overly concern themselves with singles and triples on lifts. So Iask them just like I asked you, what do you want to do......be a powerlifter or a body builder. So maybe look towards one of the great guys here at Pro Muscle. Phil Hernon is one of the best! very affordable and incredibly resourceful. He will add some size to your frame and teach you how to eat to go about it.

Very easy... You need to progressively get stronger by lifting heavier and heavier weights.. You need proper recovery time so your muscles can grow.. And you need to eat enough to create a growing environment.. Start with 2 grams of protein per lb of bodyweight.. Add carbs and healthy fats as necessary..

That's what I'm gonna start next week. I've gotta find a good workout to start by this Monday. Any suggestions? I'd like to focus a lot on biceps.

if you want big biceps get your dead lift up around 600lbs...youll have huge biceps! you need to rework you whole way of thinking at this point. stick with heavy compound movements, dead lifts, squat, benchpress, shoulder press...etc

deffinitley eat more food, that is alot of cardio type stuff going on, between martial arts and boxing.

Staff online

• Bio
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner