advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

New member - Need some help with my current diet.

TxDB11

Newbies
I finally decided to get back in the gym, and this diet was recommended to me by a member of another board. It seems pretty clean to me, but i would like to know the opinions of others as well. Never hurts to see what others are doing. If you have any suggestions to improve on this please fell free. My ears are open.

7:00 am - Oatmeal, 1/2 cup egg beaters, Whey Shake, Fish Oil Cap
9:30 am - Yogurt & Grapenuts
12-12:30 pm - Whole skinless chicken breast sandwich on toasted whole grain bread, 1 cup veggies, Fish Oil cap
3:00 pm - 1 cup baby spinach
5:30 pm - NO-Xplode Shake
6:00 pm - Lift
whey shake directly after workout
7:30-8:00 pm - Fish, chicken, or lean meat, Veggies, Fish oil cap
10:00-10:30 pm - Yogurt mixed with 2tsp peanut butter

that is basically the sum of it, with a few minor substitutions every now and then to break up the monotony. I am also taking Hot-Rox or Lipo-6 depending on what i can get as well as multivitamins. Like i said, if i can improve on this please share your comments. I have no problem with adding to or taking away any part of it.

I am working on a new routine for the gym that will help me to gain strength and hopefully mass as well that will help me to raise my game in the sports that i partake in. There is so much material out there i am really lost at this time. thanks.

TxDB11 said:
I finally decided to get back in the gym, and this diet was recommended to me by a member of another board. It seems pretty clean to me, but i would like to know the opinions of others as well. Never hurts to see what others are doing. If you have any suggestions to improve on this please fell free. My ears are open.

7:00 am - Oatmeal, 1/2 cup egg beaters, Whey Shake, Fish Oil Cap
9:30 am - Yogurt & Grapenuts
12-12:30 pm - Whole skinless chicken breast sandwich on toasted whole grain bread, 1 cup veggies, Fish Oil cap
3:00 pm - 1 cup baby spinach
5:30 pm - NO-Xplode Shake
6:00 pm - Lift
whey shake directly after workout
7:30-8:00 pm - Fish, chicken, or lean meat, Veggies, Fish oil cap
10:00-10:30 pm - Yogurt mixed with 2tsp peanut butter

that is basically the sum of it, with a few minor substitutions every now and then to break up the monotony. I am also taking Hot-Rox or Lipo-6 depending on what i can get as well as multivitamins. Like i said, if i can improve on this please share your comments. I have no problem with adding to or taking away any part of it.

I am working on a new routine for the gym that will help me to gain strength and hopefully mass as well that will help me to raise my game in the sports that i partake in. There is so much material out there i am really lost at this time. thanks.

Welcome to the board.

I don't know what no explode shake is, I am guessing it is a protein shake.

Diet looks really lacking in protein. You have 2 times where you go for 5 hours with basically no protein. IMO unless you are eating a ton of yogurt you really are not geting much so basically your before bed meal has very little protein in it either.

I am also not understanding the cup of baby spinich with no fat, and no carbs. What is its purpose?

It would be easier to help if you would figure out how many grams of protein, carbs and fat you are taking in, your current body weight, body fat % size and current diet.

BTW tell us which board member gave you that diet so we can ban him lol j/k

CROWLER

Last edited:
Crowler said:
Welcome to the board.

I don't know what no explode shake is, I am guessing it is a protein shake.

Diet looks really lacking in protein. You have 2 times where you go for 5 hours with basically no protein. IMO unless you are eating a ton of yogurt you really are not geting much so basically your before bed meal has very little protein in it either.

It would be easier to help if you would figure out how many grams of protein, carbs and fat you are taking in, your current body weight, body fat % size and current diet.

BTW tell us which board member gave you that diet so we can ban him lol j/k

CROWLER

it actually was a guy from another board.

Last edited:
Here you go look at the thread right above your posts that is titled Beginners and novices read this first.

CROWLER

actually, i am reading that right now. a bit confusing, but i think i will figure it out.

some online tool to help you out

TxDB11,

Once the contents and timing of your diet plan is set up, you may use the following online tool(it's free) to help accurately track your input in detail; This utility can help in tweaking your diet to reach your planned goal.

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Index.html

Keep up your work in gym and in kitchen! Stay with it.

Rgd,
Mickey

thanks, i will look into that. I am back online now. I was blessed with the birth of my baby boy tuesday, and i am now back home. I will continue to look at all the outlets available as well as the info i have received from the people here on the board. I really want to make this work, and i know it will just take a little time. thanks.

Mike

TxDB11 said:
thanks, i will look into that. I am back online now. I was blessed with the birth of my baby boy tuesday, and i am now back home. I will continue to look at all the outlets available as well as the info i have received from the people here on the board. I really want to make this work, and i know it will just take a little time. thanks.

Mike

Congrats for the kid.

thank you very much. now back to the diet thing. from the diet i listed above, by my calculations the breakdown looks something like this.
Protein- 126g (49.4%)
Carbs - 114g (44.3%)
Fat - 17g (6.3%)

My current body fat is 29%, still holding at the fatass status. If I am reading right the breakdown should be around 40-40-20 correct? What modifications can i make to this to make it work? I kinda like the stuff that I am eating, but I know there will have to be some changes made to get it right. Does the same diet apply at all times of training, whether trying to build muscle or lose fat? I really have no aspirations at this time to go the route of the bodybuilder, but i would like to get the bodyfat down just because i know it would be better on my body as a whole. thanks.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws