over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

*NEWS FLASH* - YEARLY ARNOLD REPORT FROM MikeS

MikeS

Moderator / FOUNDING Member
Staff member
Registered
It was the long awaited weekend extravaganza and myself, B2K, his buddy Rob, and my good bud Rory from AZ hit the road to Ohio!
Got lost a bit, ran out of gas (B2K-the "check fuel" lite means STOP FOR GAS! hehe) but we made it - got in Thu nite and settled in.
Fri was the EXPO (day1), started at 11am this year. Ran to LEGAL MUSCLE
booth and hang with the boys, Rick, MikeD, Marc...love seeing those guys.
I got a LEGAL MUSCLE Tank to run around in and put over my tank. Wore it for awhile and it got steamy so I had to shed the extra shirt. Ran first into
Hardbodygrl!!! Man she was in great shape and great to see her-tan muscular cut and of course pretty and charming! Always love the MuscleMilk booth where she was working again. Not as many pros as usual, especially the first
day-saw Coleman and Jay but lines were long. But as usual the babes were out. Say DPSQUAT too, several times - hope the inspiration of the weekend gets you motivated! Ran into some local (MD state) friends. Got back to Ricks
booth a bit later and he joked the MikeS fan club was by looking to meet up...
Pickles, MikeMan, GERM, Armageddon, some locals, - we will try again next year!!! The night show was great although we were a bit late. Its sort of good (IMO) to see the women returning to a bit less freaky look. Brenda Raganot and Yaxeni won there classes and both looked like big women-not little men like last years women winners. Thought Brenda was more conditioned but Yaxeni wins.
As usual Jenny edged Monica but the crowd is always pulling for Monica.
Let me say these figure ladies are the most beautiful women in the world, again my opinion. Id be honored to spend any time with even the last place gal!! :p Maybe the highlight was local fav Jen Hendershot, finally winning the fitness. She really broke down and I didnt think she would be able to speak, but she did and its nice to be part of those types of emotional experiences. :)
Next day2 EXPO was smoking! The hotties were out full force! All the competitors and beauties were socializing! This is the day that you feel like a big sardine. There is 2 ways of looking at this. One nice Politically Correct
view is that it brings fitness and health awareness to all forms of life-with all the side events and sports its not for BBers only any more. OK now the way I see it-if you cant bench at least 200 get the fuck out! This is our event and
we are being overrun by 'regular' folk-fatties, skinny geeks, little kids, old folks (OK I fit that too!)-it becomes hard to move, much less get to meet your favorite models and pros. 4 years ago when I did my 1st Arnold with Tazzy, it was mostly lifters. Now maybe 20%. One geeky guy after another - has never seen the inside of a gym! Well enough of that rant...
Went to Bill Llewenyns 2005 Anabolic booth-he had a 4 foot glass case with
all the empty (I assume) boxes of gear that he could find. Well a zillion beautiful women awaited and me and B2K spend about an hour there chatting with Bill and drooling over the gear boxes. We are not well in the head, Im afraid. Talked with Chris Cook-he is a real grateful, humble and friendly guy, very impressive. Saw the shrunk down 'hollywood' Kevin Levrone, 200lbs or so. I know Kevin pretty good, used to go to his old gym-chatted alot but never hung out or anything. This was the friendliest Ive ever seen Kevin (he can be a bit moody)-he was joking and laughing and making jokes at B2K 'crying' over the burn the topical NO2 solution was creating on his arm!
Best of luck to Kevin in his movie career-keep an eye out for him! Then, of course we got to some babes, many that acted like old friends - absolutely charming! Erica Kern talked about her old days of lifting, competing and 'supplementing' in a very open way-telling gym and contest stories. She was so cool! Monica Brandt, well what can you say except she is SO polite and kind and sweet! Cant wait to see her at the Bodyrock in VA. Debra Kruk gave me a big hug and a kiss and just went on and on chatting - I was mesmerized! She had a cool Devil costume on as did the other Mex-RX hotties. Sherrie Goggins suprised me by remembering me from the other years and we talked for a long time-she is my favorite looker. In her glamorous gowns, both show nites, she gave trophies and my jaw just drops. There is none better hehe! :p :p As were were being smothered in a sea of people, we lost B2K and his buddy. Me and my AZ friend Rory hung and a commotion began. Pushing shoving and noise. It was Arnold and the 50strong security entourage coming through!!! Just hoping to get a glimpse, I held ground as the MAN of all men approached! He was about 10 feet away, double rows of suited enforcers on each side, above and below. I yelled - ARNOLD YOU RULE (!) and the man broke through his men and walked right up face to face as I stood in shock! He stuck out his big mit and shook my hand, and said in the famous ARNOLD accent "nice to meet you". I said WE LOVE YOU ARNOLD as I heard my AZ buddy Rory behind me asking for a handshake and he got one too. So people are jumping up on chairs and tables just to get a look and a picture, everyone calling home on their cell to say I JUST SAW ARNOLD! Im jumping up and down yelling like a 14YO yo-girl at an EMINEM show. Forget all the pros, all the knockout women, all the stars-I SAW ARNOLD and shook his hand-thats all that mattered! Beautiful Elaine Goodlad was near and we chatted with her following all the commotion-she said how she did some photo shoots with Arnold and hung out with him. All I got was a handshake-whats with that? Why is that, I asked? ;) She was laughing...
So all that was left was anticlimatic-the night show was good; too bad no Ruhl and Jay though. The anti drug/steroid speech by Arnold was uncalled for, this weekend is about BBing not politics. But the man has to do/say what he has to, he has made this sport what it is so I guess his PC speech was understandable and tolerated. Cormier showed no class in taking 2nd, but show fav Priest behaved well in taking 4th. Dex thanked God and really was moved by his biggest win. Then it was time to give B2K his moment-on to the Columbus Gold titty bar! Money was flying! Sunday noon, a tired drive home and back to normal life, with a full stock of new memories!!

Last edited:
sounds like a great time wish i could have been therenext yr im going for sure.

man, I sure hope I get a chance to meet the king of bodybuilding one day!

Thought I'd run into ya but never did. As usual I also had fun, took some newbies. They are still in shock. I remember walking throught he doors and I turned and looked and asked one what his problem was and he just responded saying sensory overload. That's in the first 30seconds. To see 300lb men act like girls when Arnold walked by was funny. My one buddy was talking to Ronnie and was clueless as i'm yelling at him to turn to his right. By the time he turned he is standing between Ronnie and Arnold shaking hands. He tried to get a good pic but was shaking and studdering all over the place. LOL Everything was real cool. SOS for most of it. Shawn was his same old aggrevated little self, jay real talkative. I had a good conversation with Branch Warren. After we talked this other woman came up and started talking to hiom about steroids and all this shit. When she left we had a good little joke about that kind of stuff. Nice guy. Will be there again next year for sure! Want to check out the Body Rock show this year though.

Yeah...I was at the meet and greet at the Arnold a few years back...when Ronnie won......got a pic with him the stuff.....was pretty cool

Great post Mike S......I appreciate you sharing your expirence ...Great stuff ! I am very glad you guys had a fun time .....

terrific update Mike - makes me feel like I was almost there. And shaking Arnie's hand, bro that is very cool. Think ya might have motivated me to go to next years!

DrG

GREAT PLAY BY PLAY!!!

Man Mike, i am bowing down to your skills... :D that was the most detailed report i have read from ya. Great play by play. I really felt as if i was there too. i would have been droolin over that box of empties also!!! and also all the hotties, i would have come home in a neck brace from all the whiplash!!! Next year I WILL BE THERE!!!!! I am starting my savings fund for it now!

maxsupplements said:
Man Mike, i am bowing down to your skills... :D that was the most detailed report i have read from ya. !

yes, and now he must master the skill of "paragraphing"

Good Times Again!

I was there for it all again this year. Always is an experience no matter how many times you go.
MikeS, I missed you again this year buddy! We'll catch up eventually. I was looking for many of the faces from the board to say hi too at the many different booths that I thought they might be working, but I just actually only met one person.
That was Jessica Paxson (Collegiate Figure Overall winner) and Pumpputnam's girl. Super sweet and very beautiful. She was working the In-stone booth. She tried to direct me to the Pro Lab booth where he was working, but I guess he was running off alot and I missed him. She said he got into trouble for it too. lol.
One of these years we need to do a luncheon with all that are gonna be there. That would be cool.

GOOD TO HEAR YOUR REPORT, MIKE!

THANKS FOR SHARING THE INFO! GLAD YOU HAD FUN. :D

Thanks MIKE...

Really makes me feel like I was there ;)

Looks like I will be saving my cash for next years event...also the O this year. That will be 3 trips to VEGAS in one year....DAMN

Anyways, thank you agian MIKE for the good story.

I hope others have things to share and maybe a fewpics>???

alpha-longhorn said:
yes, and now he must master the skill of "paragraphing"

I had it paragraphed, but when I submitted it everything goofed up. Must be the linefeed/linereturns and the way the system reads them.

MikeS sounds like a great experience and good time. will definitely be at the Classic next year also. heard this show is the best and livest to go to out of all the shows

Hey MikeS. It was great seeing you, B2K and your friend from AZ again. You were with the same guys last year right?? U guys are great!! You will have to figure out how to put the picture up that you took :D

HBG and MikeS!

Im trying to resize pic! Im not good at theis stuff-but here goes!

OK it worked! Its a good pic, but youd look better without me! :p
Again, great seeing you and let us know how the contest prep and show goes!

Attachments

• HBG2.jpg
    HBG2.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 209
Good job Mike on posting the pic!!!...but OMG :eek: our outfits really were horrible!!!!!!!! LOL They did not fit any of us right...we ended up wearing Jeans and a Muscle Milk t-shirt on Saturday and Sunday.

hardbodygrl said:
Good job Mike on posting the pic!!!...but OMG :eek: our outfits really were horrible!!!!!!!! LOL They did not fit any of us right...we ended up wearing Jeans and a Muscle Milk t-shirt on Saturday and Sunday.

Those outfits were sexy! A cross between nurse and milkmaid! Maybe not tight as they could be but plently of room for fantasies!
I was looking for you Sat. I didnt see you, were you at MuscleMilk still?

They would have looked better if they fit us right..owell. /I loved the boots though :) here is a pic of all the girls.

2005arnold_expo100.jpg

I was there all weekend... Saturday was soooooooo crazy though, we were super busy

Attachments

• sm.jpg
    sm.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 128
  • a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics