over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Next BB dropped dead at age 31

About 610,000 people die of heart disease in the United States every year–that's 1 in every 4 deaths. Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women.
I'm sure some of these people were bodybuilder, weightlifters etc...
Is the death rate higher among these people can't find any facts but I doubt it.

Dave Palumbo mentioned discussing this with his cardiologist. The doctor claimed to have pulled the numbers and said incidences of dying from heart disease in bodybuilders is roughly the same as the general population.

Dave Palumbo mentioned discussing this with his cardiologist. The doctor claimed to have pulled the numbers and said incidences of dying from heart disease in bodybuilders is roughly the same as the general population.

Because the general population is fat as fuck. You shouldn’t take from that statement that bodybuilding isn’t bad for you. Exclude the obese population and compare that to the bodybuilding population and that’s where you’ll see issues.

I have to agree with this. The guy looked healthy and doesnt appear to use a whole lot of juice

You know how many guys use a ton of juice BUT don`t eat right, train right, rest enough, drink/drugs... and they look like regular or just husky guys? How many guys on here lowered their doses but improved everything else and look, feel, better than ever?!?! You can`t tell a persons dose just by size. Yes if they are massive, odds of massive doses goes up, but many guys are taking massive doses and huge risks but may not appear that way by physical appearance.

You know how many guys use a ton of juice BUT don`t eat right, train right, rest enough, drink/drugs... and they look like regular or just husky guys? How many guys on here lowered their doses but improved everything else and look, feel, better than ever?!?! You can`t tell a persons dose just by size. Yes if they are massive, odds of massive doses goes up, but many guys are taking massive doses and huge risks but may not appear that way by physical appearance.

One time in a sauna some guy asked me what I was on. Little Slice don't get excited this was very non gay it just happened in a sauna. Anyway I was off everything at the time so said that but I worded it like I use. I can't remember the exact list but this guy said he was on cycle and it was something like test, tren, avar, adrol and maybe something else. I didn't even ask him his doses. The guy was a typical older guy you get in most commercial gyms who are fat. I don't mean big and fat... no muscle and a big beer belly and don't look like they train. So yes you can't look at a guy and assume doses ever. Some really skinny ripped guys weighing 150 are loaded up and then you have great physique at 240 on 400mg test and some hgh.

Last edited:
I "get" the frustration that some members express over these type threads showing up. I mean its safe to say that PM is a "pro-PED" website.
That being said - I think these threads are OK. There are still far more threads discussing the use / benefit or AAS. I am sure that everyone can agree that the risk factor of certain health issues is higher for those who use AAS.
I do not think its fair or intellectually accurate to post that we KNOW the reason for someone's death, but I do think its wise to stay wary of the risks.
I know some are saying "come on man how many threads do we need" - but look at EVERY other topic that we discuss on here. There are hundreds of threads about the same topics. We would have to stop posting if we didn't repeat topics.

One time in a sauna some guy asked me what I was on. Little Slice don't get excited this was very non gay it just happened in a sauna. Anyway I was off everything at the time so said that but I worded it like I use. I can't remember the exact list but this guy said he was on cycle and it was something like test, tren, avar, adrol and maybe something else. I didn't even ask him his doses. The guy was a typical older guy you get in most commercial gyms who are fat. I don't mean big and fat... no muscle and a big beer belly and don't look like they train. So yes you can't look at a guy and assume doses ever. Some really skinny ripped guys weighing 150 are loaded up and then you have great physique at 240 on 400mg test and some hgh.

Elvia - It wasn't THAT much - and I do too look like I train - come on man :mad::(

:D

You can’t assume someone was not on a lot of gear based on how they look. He could’ve been on extreme amounts of gear and was just highly ectomorphic. I know guys on 2 g Test, 1g Tren and orals that are highly ectomorphic. They train and eat just like professionals but their genetics are what determines their look not the gear use.

No shit! Quit AAS if you’re scared. Enough of these f@$king threads.

seriously. cmon man how many dudes are 20-30 years older than this guy, juicin nonstop, and are still goin' strong?
a fucking lot, thats how many.
u got a pre-existing condition or whatever, dont matter what u do, yr time's up when it's up.
how bout wait to see the autopsy report first, then move on cuz so what,
whattya want to do, die healthy?

Last edited:
I "get" the frustration that some members express over these type threads showing up. I mean its safe to say that PM is a "pro-PED" website.
That being said - I think these threads are OK. There are still far more threads discussing the use / benefit or AAS. I am sure that everyone can agree that the risk factor of certain health issues is higher for those who use AAS.
I do not think its fair or intellectually accurate to post that we KNOW the reason for someone's death, but I do think its wise to stay wary of the risks.
I know some are saying "come on man how many threads do we need" - but look at EVERY other topic that we discuss on here. There are hundreds of threads about the same topics. We would have to stop posting if we didn't repeat topics.

It's a matter of being threatened by reality. Some people don't want to hear about it so they get really defensive when these threads pop up because they have fully convinced themselves that it will never happen to them. Notice how they won't complain about any other threads but will get triggered when someone posts a thread mentioning a likely bodybuilding related death. Then others who have also convinced themselves of such will "like" those posts, which emboldens that type of thinking so it doesn't go away. It's one of the reasons Dante doesn't post here anymore. He felt like he wasn't being heard, which is sad because he had so much great, thought out material.

It's a matter of being threatened by reality. Some people don't want to hear about it so they get really defensive when these threads pop up because they have fully convinced themselves that it will never happen to them. Notice how they won't complain about any other threads but will get triggered when someone posts a thread mentioning a likely bodybuilding related death. Then others who have also convinced themselves of such will "like" those posts, which emboldens that type of thinking so it doesn't go away. It's one of the reasons Dante doesn't post here anymore. He felt like he wasn't being heard, which is sad because he had so much great, thought out material.

you sound exactly like him lol

There are many duplicate threads and sure we can just ignore threads and I do many times. But the death threads are ridiculous. Now if any of the top pro's or guys you know die I 100% don't mind them being posted all over the forum. It's just whenever someone dies who lifted weights it's posted about on here. Sometimes we even find out they killed themselves. Suicide is actually the biggest cause of death in males under 50 in the UK. The rest are heart attacks and steroids can mess up your heart and we all know that. I just read how some actor had a heart attack in the UK at 20 years old who was small and I doubt ever trained (don't know him). I read stuff like that all the time. If someone wants to stop posting because their ego can't take not being listened to that's their problem.

Last edited:
Someone posts about a bodybuilder dying where the odds are probably related to steroid use (He worked for Rich Piana's company for crying out loud) and people complain about him creating the thread.

Don't want to see this? Don't hit reply. I don't reply in threads I don't care about and neither should you.

Exactly. It is absolutely pathetic. What does it take for these guys to realize the dangers? Most of the time it takes themselves going into cardiac arrest.

We have a young member now in congestive heart failure on here. 10% ejection fraction. We have lost numerous of our valued members to heart disease. I nearly died. Ah well, we all were genetically pre-dispositioned for it and it would have happened even if we never took steroids.:rolleyes:

We have a young member now in congestive heart failure on here. 10% ejection fraction. We have lost numerous of our valued members to heart disease. I nearly died. Ah well, we all were genetically pre-dispositioned for it and it would have happened even if we never took steroids.:rolleyes:

Don’t take this the wrong way but if I remember correctly you pushed the limits hard. Wasn’t your hemoglobin dangerously high and you continued to use high doses? Do I think you would have had a heart attack if you never touched steroids, no way. But you pushed the limits. Don’t take that the wrong way. When I say “one of these threads again” you guys know what we mean. We know nothing about him, so he might of used steroids and by the looks of it and he lifted weights and he died. A million things could of caused his death. If every member posted a new thread about a guy we knew that touched steroids at one point and died imagine how stupid that would be. I can probably name 10-15 I know, all overdoses but did steroids at one point. We don’t know the truth about this stranger and most of the time families will hide the truth

This ain’t really news. Man over the age of 30 dies. Could’ve happend without bodybuilding.. men die everyday. We posting everyone who’s been to a gym and dying now? These threads are just sensationalism and fill with random speculation.

There's two sides to that argument...

loads of no name guys that use gear also die that are nobodies that we don't hear about.

Don’t take this the wrong way but if I remember correctly you pushed the limits hard. Wasn’t your hemoglobin dangerously high and you continued to use high doses? Do I think you would have had a heart attack if you never touched steroids, no way. But you pushed the limits. Don’t take that the wrong way. When I say “one of these threads again” you guys know what we mean. We know nothing about him, so he might of used steroids and by the looks of it and he lifted weights and he died. A million things could of caused his death. If every member posted a new thread about a guy we knew that touched steroids at one point and died imagine how stupid that would be. I can probably name 10-15 I know, all overdoses but did steroids at one point. We don’t know the truth about this stranger and most of the time families will hide the truth

We had guys saying that Dallas Mccarver died from choking on food. True it was reported that way, but how could anyone be so foolish to believe that? They believe because they want to believe.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonyfits
NapsGear