over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T - VERY IMPRESSIVE FOOTBALL

xcelbeyond

The "Elder" Mod
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Granted, I'm talking Div III here. But - - everyone I've talked to who doesn't follow D3 and have watched the 'Cats play say they look like a very good DI team.

Their quarteback (Elliot) is in the public voting Heisman Trophy running. Last year he broke ALL DIvision College Football record for TD's in a singl season, which WAS held by Willy Totten (his favorite receiver was a little known receiver Jerry Rice),

The team has been ranked #1 from pre-season on. Out West, we go NO RESPECT from polls and sports writers as the world revolves around the East - Div 1 or Div 3.

First playoff game was yesterday against #5 (AFC, & #6 D3) Menlo, also undefeated. This was the highest ranked, first round pairing, out of 32 teams. The game was touted as the match of the best quarterbacks. Stats do not reflect what really happened. Menlo quarterback had about 440 yds total offense - 125 rusing and 315 passing. But the 'Cats defense did a number on Menlo - sacked him 6 times, intercepted 3, and STOLE the ball from them TWICE when they were goal-to-goal.

Here's a play that I've NEVER seen at any high level of play. Now the 'Cats were either around Menlo 10 or goal-to-goal. EVERYONE dropped back into pass coverage. The 5 offensive linemen were like just standing around. Of course Elliott had plenty of time to pick a target and threw a TD in what seemed to be insane coverage.

I'm not sure of final individual stats, but I'll go with the 'Cats web site. Elliott: 525 yards passing, 7 TD's, 10 yards rushing (1 carry), which beats his record from last year for individual game highs.

The final score was 63 to 21.

Last edited:
THat is pretty damn good....especially when the other team was undefeated....it's not like they were playing someone 1-9...

D-II, the school I played at, Grand Valley State has been #1 all year and is moving on to the third round of the playoffs. Looking for the 3rd national championship this decade. The seniors on the team have lost 5 games in 4 years I believe...pretty amazing.

my sister could make a div III

now the colts a bengals game was good, high scoring

Here is the prob though X...

They are prolly a kickass team, but they will continue to get no respect until they play better teams. I am not saying they haven't. Instead, move them up to D-II or D1 and see how they fair against that competition. Any good team can look great against mediocre level teams.

If Elliot can put up those numbers against say Pac-10 teams, and the like, then they will get ALL the respect in the world bro.

Ivan said:
If Elliot can put up those numbers against say Pac-10 teams, and the like, then they will get ALL the respect in the world bro.
As a sophmore, Elliott was starting QB for Utah (a non-BCS Div I team). He was undefeated until the last game of the season. Last play of the game and Elliott was making what would have been the game winning score when he got hit and broke his arm.

He met up with his replacement (last year) at the airport when he was leaving to go to Linfield - Alex Smith (yes - he beat out Smith for the starting position). He told Alex to keep the streak going. Of course we all know Utah went undefeated and Alex was first pick in draft last year.

Elliott knew of the 'Cats reputation and wanted a National Championship (which he could NEVER get at Utah). Looks like he'll probably get 2 of 'em.

Last edited:
Well I dunno X

Any type of national championship is sweet, but THE national champs are recognized as the Division 1 BCS FB team. Know what I mean? Hell Elliot should have gone to WSU or another PAC-10 team...makes no sense why he went down to D-III even after an injury...

Division III

I actually saw something on the news about Elliot awhile ago, how he was the started and got hurt, then Alex Smith replaced him. Bad luck I guess.

I'm sure he's great, but I played baseball at a Division I-A school and whenever we played Div-II or III schools like Buffalo, Niagra State, New Hampshire it was a joke. We would play our freshman and still kill them.

Linfield has played MANY Div II teams over the years and have been able to handily beat all of them. The exception (team they've had a challenge with) is Central Washington, which I believe is now Div II. Central is generally in the top polls every year.

For their opening game this year, they played a Div II team and beat them 49-7. In just over 3 quarters of play (he came out after scoring less than 2 minutes into the 4th qtr) he threw 351 yards and 5 TD's.

Linfield is national known for their academics. I'm sure Elliott wanted a degree from a school with a reputation like this - he probably wasn't real sure of his FB carrer when he descided to go there.

He's currently #9 in the public voting for the Heisman, just ahead of Leinhart!

Staff online

• Bio
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner