over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Only 2 exercises to HOLD MUSCLE ?

iron lifter

Registered
Newbies
if you only had time to do 2 exercises per day for each body part what would you use to keep as much size as you can?

for me its

chest
incline smith press and dips

back
t bar rows
pull ups

delts
any press and side raises

arms
bicep curls /tricep dips

legs
hack squat
leg curls

I have nothing against such a topic but is it really a topic worthy of an advanced forum...?
Agreed, this topic would do better over at geriatricmuscle.com
If you’re being paid to be a bodybuilder (sponsors, online followers, etc) then a thread such as this would be pointless. But some folks do work crazy hours or shitty shift work schedules that don’t leave a lot of time for workouts. So I can understand where this question could derive from….

After several physical 16hr work days for me in 110°+ heat, I’m cutting corners with workouts. Wasn’t the case in my 20’s, but I’m way past the 20’s now. Just don’t have the energy unfortunately.

Maybe one day I’ll hit the lotto and can stop working. I’d just fish & weight lift. 🙏🏽

Cage

if you only had time to do 2 exercises per day for each body part what would you use to keep as much size as you can?

for me its

chest
incline smith press and dips

back
t bar rows
pull ups

delts
any press and side raises

arms
bicep curls /tricep dips

legs
hack squat
leg curls
For me personally if I have to shorten workouts due to just flat out being worn the fuck out I do the compound movements.

Chest - Bench Press & Dumbbell Presses
- will do 4-6 sets of each
Shoulders/Traps - Seated Military Press & Dumbbell Presses, Front Shrugs
Back - Rack Pulls & Bent Over Rows
Biceps/Triceps - EZ Bar Curls & Concentration Curls; Close Grip Bench & French Presses
Quads/Calves - Front Squats & Hack Squats; Barbell Calf Raises & Standing Machine Calf Raises

Cage

I think what you list was plenty
I have a few military buddys that held their muscle and got leaner on deployment just doing Dips , pull ups , deadlift and come curls with bands.
Of course you are not going to hold the same muscle if you cut your cals and gear way back but just limited training I don't think it takes muck to maintain

Chest
Flat bench and dips

Back
Rack pulls and bb rows

Shoulders
Banded BB seated press and laterals

Biceps and triceps just pump wOEM in between chest, shoulders, and back..maybe JM press for triceps

Legs..squats and more rack pulls

For me personally if I have to shorten workouts due to just flat out being worn the fuck out I do the compound movements.

Chest - Bench Press & Dumbbell Presses
Shoulders/Traps - Seated Military Press & Dumbbell Presses, Front Shrugs
Back - Rack Pulls & Bent Over Rows
Biceps/Triceps - EZ Bar Curls & Concentration Curls; Close Grip Bench & French Presses
Quads/Calves - Front Squats & Hack Squats; Barbell Calf Raises & Standing Machine Calf Raises

Cage
Big respect to you. I work a desk job and quite honestly there are days when I'm like 'fuck it'
I'd rather just eat cakes, ice cream, cookies, and whatever bullshit.
But my vanity is the main driver for me running. Lifting and whatever else after that.
There are days when I'm at the start of a run and I'm like, why am I doing this. But I keep going and I'm hit with the workout/runners high.
But yeah. Just getting started sucks, but once I'moving things are all good.

Big respect to you. I work a desk job and quite honestly there are days when I'm like 'fuck it'
I'd rather just eat cakes, ice cream, cookies, and whatever bullshit.
But my vanity is the main driver for me running. Lifting and whatever else after that.
There are days when I'm at the start of a run and I'm like, why am I doing this. But I keep going and I'm hit with the workout/runners high.
But yeah. Just getting started sucks, but once I'moving things are all good.
Oh trust me, after 6-8 days straight of working outside doing a physically demanding job there are plenty of times I say fuck it. I just don’t have the energy I had in my 20’s/30’s. The sun really takes it out of you!

Especially here, where it’s typically mid90’s or higher and 90-100% humidity. The humidity down here just fuckin blows!!!!!!! Lately it’s been 104° with a feels like temperatures of 125°-130°.

Absolutely fuckin miserable! I’m required to wear FRC clothing which makes things worse. The fibers close off in the heat and no wind gets through. Guess that doesn’t matter when I’m literally soaked by 8am.

I keep 4 work shirts in my truck. When one gets soaked I hang it over the truck tool boxes and slap on a fresh one. Then just repeat this throughout the day. Jeans and underwear/socks just stay sopping wet!

Cage

If you’re being paid to be a bodybuilder (sponsors, online followers, etc) then a thread such as this would be pointless. But some folks do work crazy hours or shitty shift work schedules that don’t leave a lot of time for workouts. So I can understand where this question could derive from….

After several physical 16hr work days for me in 110°+ heat, I’m cutting corners with workouts. Wasn’t the case in my 20’s, but I’m way past the 20’s now. Just don’t have the energy unfortunately.

Maybe one day I’ll hit the lotto and can stop working. I’d just fish & weight lift. 🙏🏽

Cage

Very true but 99.9% of the time the people who ask such questions have the time. It's just lot's of people seem to love questions of this nature. If they were so pressed for time they probably wouldn't have accounts set up on bodybuilding forums with 100's of posts.

If you could only use 1 steroid for the rest of your life what would it be? Only 1 exercise for each body part what would you choose? If you had to choose 1 protein source what would it be? Only 1 steroid to cut on what would you pick? People love these sorts of questions. Ok so I will be productive with this post and answer the question...

OP I have copied and pasted the way you listed the body parts but the fact legs is considered one is annoying because you have so many parts so it seems unfair to just write 2. Yet chest and shoulders get 4 exercises. I would rather have 4 for legs and 2 for chest and shoulders (incline press and lateral raises). Although it's a ridiculous question so my answers will just be my favs and not what I consider optimal if just picking 2.

chest
Smith Press and Pec Deck.

back
Seated Row and Lat Pulldown.

delts
Lateral Raises and Front Raises.

arms
Seated Bi-cep Curls and SkullCrushers.

legs
Hack Squat and Leg Extensions and say goodbye to my hams and calves :(

Very true but 99.9% of the time the people who ask such questions have the time. It's just lot's of people seem to love questions of this nature. If they were so pressed for time they probably wouldn't have accounts set up on bodybuilding forums with 100's of posts.

If you could only use 1 steroid for the rest of your life what would it be? Only 1 exercise for each body part what would you choose? If you had to choose 1 protein source what would it be? Only 1 steroid to cut on what would you pick? People love these sorts of questions. Ok so I will be productive with this post and answer the question...

OP I have copied and pasted the way you listed the body parts but the fact legs is considered one is annoying because you have so many parts so it seems unfair to just write 2. Yet chest and shoulders get 4 exercises. I would rather have 4 for legs and 2 for chest and shoulders (incline press and lateral raises). Although it's a ridiculous question so my answers will just be my favs and not what I consider optimal if just picking 2.

chest
Smith Press and Pec Deck.

back
Seated Row and Lat Pulldown.

delts
Lateral Raises and Front Raises.

arms
Seated Bi-cep Curls and SkullCrushers.

legs
Hack Squat and Leg Extensions and say goodbye to my hams and calves :(

So let me get this straight;

In the Intra Carbs thread you said to me something along the lines of;

“How can you say that 99% of the forum doesn’t train hard enough to use Intra Supps” and how I know this and that… Right??

But you come on here and say as a matter of fact, that 99.9% of the people asking these types of questions do have the time….

The irony….

This is coming from a guy in his mid/late 30’s, no kids, no wife, no real career that I’ve ever seen you speak about AND you’ve got over 26,000 posts on a bodybuilding forum…..

My guy, maybe it’s just YOU that has TOO MUCH time..

You always seem to make these long winded posts, usually always complaining about or criticizing someone…

Hmmmm maybe there’s a reason you’ve got so much time on your hands…. 🤔

Oh trust me, after 6-8 days straight of working outside doing a physically demanding job there are plenty of times I say fuck it. I just don’t have the energy I had in my 20’s/30’s. The sun really takes it out of you!

Especially here, where it’s typically mid90’s or higher and 90-100% humidity. The humidity down here just fuckin blows!!!!!!! Lately it’s been 104° with a feels like temperatures of 125°-130°.

Absolutely fuckin miserable! I’m required to wear FRC clothing which makes things worse. The fibers close off in the heat and no wind gets through. Guess that doesn’t matter when I’m literally soaked by 8am.

I keep 4 work shirts in my truck. When one gets soaked I hang it over the truck tool boxes and slap on a fresh one. Then just repeat this throughout the day. Jeans and underwear/socks just stay sopping wet!

Cage
No really .. freakn salute to you and all those that keep this national train on track and still moving.
Freakn salt of the earth types who get lost in the screams of the freakn cry babies, whiners, and complainers.
We need a holiday to honor the infrastructure guys. Guys out on an oil rig.
Guys in the Rockies hanging electrical wires.
Guys in desert paving roads

So let me get this straight;

In the Intra Carbs thread you said to me something along the lines of;

“How can you say that 99% of the forum doesn’t train hard enough to use Intra Supps” and how I know this and that… Right??

But you come on here and say as a matter of fact, that 99.9% of the people asking these types of questions do have the time….

The irony….

This is coming from a guy in his mid/late 30’s, no kids, no wife, no real career that I’ve ever seen you speak about AND you’ve got over 26,000 posts on a bodybuilding forum…..

My guy, maybe it’s just YOU that has TOO MUCH time..

You always seem to make these long winded posts, usually always complaining about or criticizing someone…

Hmmmm maybe there’s a reason you’ve got so much time on your hands…. 🤔

What are you going on about. I have lot's of free time so I can make many posts and I would never state otherwise. I have posted on/off here tonight whilst answering 50+ emails so I get a lot done but that has nothing to do with you. I would guess this thread isn't about saving time and he probably just wanted to start a topic which is great but it probably doesn't belong in the main forum. Guys just love those type of questions and ask them all the time. As Luki posted it's just a silly question and probably should be in the beginner forum. Now if someone stated I only have 40 mins to train and want to optimize that time in the gym and this is what I am currently doing (giving details) and if anyone had any suggestions on how to improve things that would be a much different type of thread.

I can't believe you are having a go at me. You have been a member for over 10 years. You over complicate the crap out of everything. You seem to dislike bodybuilders and often generalize like you believe they are dumb. You won't post a pic. You probably like like complete shit even though you have been on here asking questions for years, taking steroids and training. You are what people call an info collector. When did I state 99% of this forum doesn't train hard enough to use intra supps? You are confusing me with someone else.

You're like someone who can't drive going on a car forum having a go at members on there. I very rarely complain or criticize anyone on here but there are a handful of guys (you're one) who are just annoying and constantly overcomplicate everything. All you want to do on here is debate people. Post about your progress. Post a fucking pic of your physique after 10 years of posting shit on here. Post your training. Post your nutrition. Post your health supplements. Post something positive that adds value. Please don't reply.

I would never just choose 2 different exercises. I choose different exercises everytime I do a body part. Your muscles are 3 dimensional and need to be work on at all different angles.Besides that, I would just get downright bored. I like changing up to keep me interested.

Cage
I’d say the vast majority of dudes on here are in our situation. Working somewhere between 40-70 hours a week! My job can be very physically taxing and workouts are forced on a lot of those days! When I take a week or two off of work, going to the gym is just so relaxing and way better! That’s not the norm though and to me this is absolutely a topic that’s helpful to a lot of people.

With that being said, I can’t see myself limiting workouts to just two different exercises. I’ve mentioned this before, but what I do is just workout at home on days that have been brutal at work. I love my dumbbell collection and I can do just about anything with it! I’ll just crank up my music and tear it up! It actually gives me piece of mind to know I can get a great workout without fighting traffic and a crowded gym. Now, on easy work days or days off, nothing beats the gym!

this board literally has an ongoing thread about taking 10mg of testosterone per day in the main forum yet has a TRT section so anything goes
Right! I’ve posted in some other areas but nobody looks at that shit! Lol

this board literally has an ongoing thread about taking 10mg of testosterone per day in the main forum yet has a TRT section so anything goes

Do you see an issue with having a TRT sub forum or are you saying the 10mg thread should be under the TRT banner? Whether one agrees, disagrees, or falls somewhere in between, the 10mg a day thread is very popular and started by an IFBB Pro Bodybuilder who has been around a long time. PM has a WIDE range of ages and there will be different topics to cover the needs or proposed needs of that wide range. Granted Big A started this forum as a way for pro bodybuilders and competitive bodybuilders to freely discuss what they do to get the physiques they have without ridicule and it has evolved to cover other aspects. Real world discussion still goes on but many of those bodybuilders have aged since the inception of this forum 21 years ago and along with that, their bodybuilding needs have changed.

Regarding the topic of this thread, when you say HOLD MUSCLE, to me that means MAINTAINING MUSCLE. If that's the case, I think you could pick any two exercises for a body part. Of course that's only part of the equation, as diet would play the other determining factor. Not to downplay training but basic set and rep range would work to HOLD/MAINTAIN muscle.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131