over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Only 2 exercises to HOLD MUSCLE ?

So let me get this straight;

In the Intra Carbs thread you said to me something along the lines of;

“How can you say that 99% of the forum doesn’t train hard enough to use Intra Supps” and how I know this and that… Right??

But you come on here and say as a matter of fact, that 99.9% of the people asking these types of questions do have the time….

The irony….

This is coming from a guy in his mid/late 30’s, no kids, no wife, no real career that I’ve ever seen you speak about AND you’ve got over 26,000 posts on a bodybuilding forum…..

My guy, maybe it’s just YOU that has TOO MUCH time..

You always seem to make these long winded posts, usually always complaining about or criticizing someone…

Hmmmm maybe there’s a reason you’ve got so much time on your hands…. 🤔
Jesus Christ dude…
Get the fuck over whatever beef you have, my god. Having this shit leak into ANOTHER thread? Grow the hell up.

I would never just choose 2 different exercises. I choose different exercises everytime I do a body part. Your muscles are 3 dimensional and need to be work on at all different angles.Besides that, I would just get downright bored. I like changing up to keep me interested.
But I also think the fews exercises available the better workout you get because you are forced to to work harder on fewer.

I find these overpacked gyms with every contraption known town to mankind is distracting.

But yes, I agree, much to be said for variety, am a firm believer in that myself as long as you keep accurate records and keep the needle moving forward in all exercises.

Is it you only have time for TWO exercises per day?

Or two exercises per body part on a split? Like do you have time for

Chest/shoulder day…..4 total exercises

Back width/back thickness…….4 total exercises

Legs….2 for quads two for hams?

Or you literally can only do two exercises A DAY?

Because that for me would look like

Day 1: barbell bench/barbell row
Day 2: some squat pattern, SLdL
Day 3: incline bench/ pull-ups
Day 4: leg press/leg curl

What are you going on about. I have lot's of free time so I can make many posts and I would never state otherwise. I have posted on/off here tonight whilst answering 50+ emails so I get a lot done but that has nothing to do with you. I would guess this thread isn't about saving time and he probably just wanted to start a topic which is great but it probably doesn't belong in the main forum. Guys just love those type of questions and ask them all the time. As Luki posted it's just a silly question and probably should be in the beginner forum. Now if someone stated I only have 40 mins to train and want to optimize that time in the gym and this is what I am currently doing (giving details) and if anyone had any suggestions on how to improve things that would be a much different type of thread.

I can't believe you are having a go at me. You have been a member for over 10 years. You over complicate the crap out of everything. You seem to dislike bodybuilders and often generalize like you believe they are dumb. You won't post a pic. You probably like like complete shit even though you have been on here asking questions for years, taking steroids and training. You are what people call an info collector. When did I state 99% of this forum doesn't train hard enough to use intra supps? You are confusing me with someone else.

You're like someone who can't drive going on a car forum having a go at members on there. I very rarely complain or criticize anyone on here but there are a handful of guys (you're one) who are just annoying and constantly overcomplicate everything. All you want to do on here is debate people. Post about your progress. Post a fucking pic of your physique after 10 years of posting shit on here. Post your training. Post your nutrition. Post your health supplements. Post something positive that adds value. Please don't reply.

To the bold above;

Im the one that stated that in the Carb thread, then YOU came on talking about how could I possibly know how 99% of people train etc but yet you came on this thread talking about how you know about 99% of people’s time??

That’s why I took a shot at you..

You want me to post a pic and address the last 10 years of training, diet and steroids etc?? No problem…

Took a couple pics this morning before I left for work, just didn’t have time to respond to everything, now that I’ve got a little time for lunch, I’ll address it in the “Pic you took today” thread so we don’t clutter this thread up…

Cheers…

Jesus Christ dude…
Get the fuck over whatever beef you have, my god. Having this shit leak into ANOTHER thread? Grow the hell up.

Ummm… No…

It’s been a while now that certain members can say and do what they want and when they get called out, everyone on their team gets emotional and gangs up on them..

I addressed you in the other thread as well, quoting what @danieltx said…

Of course, no response from you there because you clearly didn’t read shit and what was said, you’re just jumping in for your girlfriends…

I would never just choose 2 different exercises. I choose different exercises everytime I do a body part. Your muscles are 3 dimensional and need to be work on at all different angles.Besides that, I would just get downright bored. I like changing up to keep me interested.

Exactly.

Now time is being mentioned and it's a very valid point but people are not understanding something. Having a short amount of time to train and just picking 2 exercises for everything are very different things. People sometimes want to know the best bang for your buck movements for each body part and fair enough but as you stated it's best to work from different angles. Some people lack common sense and start attacking over silly things. It should go without stating I am not saying do 2 different exercises every day either. Just these type of questions are weird to me like you have to pick 2 movements like the guy is just going to do that for the rest of his life. It doesn't matter if you work 16 hours or 76 hours per week either. If you have 30 mins to train then sure volume is low but I still wouldn't recommend the same 2 exercises forever.

I do a push day and I pretty much do 2 exercises per bodypart so there is nothing wrong with that. So 2 x chest, 2 x shoulders and 2 x tri-ceps. It's not written in stone but that's what I pretty much do. Quite simple a fly and a press movement for chest. Maybe one day I will swop the fly for a dip and do a press with that. Maybe another day I will do all 3. It's usually 2 for chest then lateral raises and an incline press for shoulders but again maybe a front raise from time to time.

It's great to do the same movements over and over and master the execution and get stronger and stronger. At the same time I would always recommend incorporating different angles so it could be an incline press for x amount of time until you plateau then later a decline press. It could be a barbell press over time but then a db press. I would never keep it to 2 exact movements all my life because that's not good. Maybe a fly and press but swop angles and equipment. Maybe a lateral raise and press but use cables, db's, smith etc over time. Use all the effective tools you can and train intelligently and it will help create progress whilst minimizing potential injuries.

No one is discounting some guys work all week so don't have hours to train but that shouldn't matter. I just think these type of questions are very limited. It's like when guys ask what 2 compounds would you use for the rest of your life. Why 2, why not 3, why not 2 for 90% of the time but add in a 3rd because it works out better for you.

I have a shitty physique, but in my humble opinion to just MAINTAIN your muscle you only have to keep the hormones going. I'm almost totally serious here, many big bodybuilders could take 4 months off the gym but with the same hormones there might be almost zero muscle lost. Just the "pump" or a certain little visual aspect that is there when a physique is in a regular gym routine.

"Only 2 exercises." I may be an extreme minimalist but 2 exercises for a single muscle is a lot in my opinion haha.

How about this to maintain even a very muscular physique provided the hormones are kept in: once a week do 2 sets of very intense squats and 2 sets of something like curl grip pullups. The next week do 2 sets of deadlifts and 2 sets of presses. This is a Mentzer type ridiculous routine but if one really has no time everything could at least be held by just a few minutes of training per week. Depending on how someone has been training they might even gain muscle. In rare cases but not impossible.

Hormones and drugs can be magic sometimes.

Agreed, this topic would do better over at geriatricmuscle.com
I had better hurry over there and sign up. Never heard of them before!
But if only sensible topics for advanced lifters are going to be allowed, then this forum will end up with far fewer posts then it already has.

I have a shitty physique, but in my humble opinion to just MAINTAIN your muscle you only have to keep the hormones going. I'm almost totally serious here, many big bodybuilders could take 4 months off the gym but with the same hormones there might be almost zero muscle lost. Just the "pump" or a certain little visual aspect that is there when a physique is in a regular gym routine.

"Only 2 exercises." I may be an extreme minimalist but 2 exercises for a single muscle is a lot in my opinion haha.

How about this to maintain even a very muscular physique provided the hormones are kept in: once a week do 2 sets of very intense squats and 2 sets of something like curl grip pullups. The next week do 2 sets of deadlifts and 2 sets of presses. This is a Mentzer type ridiculous routine but if one really has no time everything could at least be held by just a few minutes of training per week. Depending on how someone has been training they might even gain muscle. In rare cases but not impossible.

Hormones and drugs can be magic sometimes.

This can be true in certain circumstances. I have always trained and will always train so this doesn't apply to me. You are right people can maintain a physique if they keep hormones in the mix even when not training (time dependant). I have heard of guys even running tren and not training (or training minimally) and maintaining an impressive look. For most though not training they will lose the look but at the same time it's so easy to maintain a decent look even just training once-twice weekly. It all depends upon what someone is maintaining. Are they maintaining 250 at 7% with veins popping everywhere or are they maintaining 220 and 12% body fat... very different things.

If someone just wants to maintain muscle I agree 2 exercises per body part is more than enough. Again it depends on what they are trying to maintain but many could do so on 1-2 full body workouts per week. They could do 1 exercise per body part and train 1-2 times weekly. Even someone fairly advanced could maintain muscle doing that twice weekly. Now if they prefer training more frequently with less volume per day that could be done easily as well. Maybe 30 min push, pull, legs workouts for example. Many possibilities. It's impossible to really answer without details though. The most important being his stats, aas usage and time he wants to spend in the gym each day/week.

I have nothing against such a topic but is it really a topic worthy of an advanced forum...?
I was about to say stop wasting your time and being lazy I don't care what you pick it won't work

No really .. freakn salute to you and all those that keep this national train on track and still moving.
Freakn salt of the earth types who get lost in the screams of the freakn cry babies, whiners, and complainers.
We need a holiday to honor the infrastructure guys. Guys out on an oil rig.
Guys in the Rockies hanging electrical wires.
Guys in desert paving roads
I ran 7miles yesterday. Got this new sativa strain. Had me running about the neighborhood all evening.
Today I feel like smoking another sativa but sitting down and listening to Journeys greatest hits. Might be time to up the tren!!

How about Phil Heron's one exercise per body part every day routine (or something like that) I think a few guys here trained under Phil's guidance and.jas good results , more than just maintenance , maybe they can chime in.

if you only had time to do 2 exercises per day for each body part what would you use to keep as much size as you can?

for me its

chest
incline smith press and dips

back
t bar rows
pull ups

delts
any press and side raises

arms
bicep curls /tricep dips

legs
hack squat
leg curls
if i only had the time for 2 exercises per day, i will not be a bodybuildier :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Is it you only have time for TWO exercises per day?

Or two exercises per body part on a split? Like do you have time for

Chest/shoulder day…..4 total exercises

Back width/back thickness…….4 total exercises

Legs….2 for quads two for hams?

Or you literally can only do two exercises A DAY?

Because that for me would look like

Day 1: barbell bench/barbell row
Day 2: some squat pattern, SLdL
Day 3: incline bench/ pull-ups
Day 4: leg press/leg curl
I'd put a set High rep to failure mil press on day 1 or 3 your already warmed up sure it 3 on one day. But won't take much time.

Phil Hernon.... before he got very eccentric with his training had me doing 1-2 exercises per bodypart twice per week. 6 days per week, each body part hit twice in that week. I progressed in each lift and was bigger and leaner at the end. DC training another example. Progressive resistance. If all I do is squat, 1 total movement for legs and I move my work set from 405x10 to 495x10...........

Phil Hernon.... before he got very eccentric with his training had me doing 1-2 exercises per bodypart twice per week. 6 days per week, each body part hit twice in that week. I progressed in each lift and was bigger and leaner at the end. DC training another example. Progressive resistance. If all I do is squat, 1 total movement for legs and I move my work set from 405x10 to 495x10...........

Of course but the same could be said about any training system. You could pick 2 movements and train twice weekly and get results. You could pick 3 and train twice per week and get results. You could pick 4 and train once per week and get results. You could pick 5 and train once per week and get results. Hell if someone has been doing low volume and swops over to even 5 movements twice per week they could get great results. There are lot's of factors involved and the answer for most usually lies in the middle but it's fun to experiment with training volume and frequency.

All systems can work the most important thing are training execution and intensity. Obviously common sense needs to be used when it comes to volume and frequency but even the lowest and the highest on the training spectrum can give results. Different people prefer different approaches and sometimes external factors will influence their decision. A pro who's get sponsored and can sleep/rest a lot and doesn't have to work could even make of an extreme training method such as twice daily training. Whereas a guy working 60 hours per week in an active job should be the last person to try that.

I have done 1 exercise per body part and full body training daily (5 days per week) with results. I have done german volume training and got results. I have done low volume high intensity training and got results. The key driver is mechanical tension and as long as you achieve maximum mechanical tension for the targeted muscle and you are able to recover then you will get results. I love the gym so prefer moderate volume but sure I could get the results I need training 30-40 mins 3-4 days per week but that doesn't suit me so I usually take about 90 mins and train 5 day per week.

At the same time common sense needs to be used so if you want a balanced physique you can't expect to follow a routine that incorporates no direct calf (just an example) exercises and expect to have great calves. Someone just doing squats could get great legs but for advanced guys they obviously need to include other movements such as ham curls, sldl's, calf raises, adductors etc for complete development. If they want to do 1 movement each day over the week or do them all in 1 big workout (or 2 medium workouts) that's up to them but all ways will work it's just what the user prefers. People talk about training like it somehow won't work if you do x system and that is ridiculous. The only way to find out is to experiment and try things like you have done yourself.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131