over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT: Cloverfield movie!

joeshow5

Banned
I saw this last night and after a boring start the movie turned out to be one of the best, most intense monster movies imaginable. The entire cast was not out to solve any problems or save the day (like most monster movies). The cast was instead just some friends who have no idea what is going on and are trying hard to survive while filming all they can.

Outstanding movie in my opinion. And it offers NO explanations, which was unique and actually pretty effective.

the reviews are good from what I see,
Is this movie anything like the Blair phony ass no talent Witch Project.
Hope not.

I could hardly wait to hear what someone thought. I'm heading out to see it momentarily thanks to that.

im kinda iffy on the movie. Id say its worth seeing, but I didnt like how short it was or the "thing" itself (dont wanna say much more). This filming is camcorder like blair witch, but its much much better quality, so thats not really a problem. Id say its worth going to see just to form your own opinion. There were things i liked and things i didnt like, as with most suspense movies.

I had several people tell me it sucked due to its lack of answers.
That was the big reason I enjoyed the film. We knew exactly as much as the guy filming the whole thing!

Just got back from the movie. At the ticket window there were flyers hanging up letting you know before hand how the camera is kinda like being on a roller coaster feeling and I can totally see how it messed with people. As for the movie itself it wasnt like the normal movie which I did like but there were way to many questions that never were answered. I can definately see a part 2 if they wanted to go that route

That was the big reason I enjoyed the film. We knew exactly as much as the guy filming the whole thing!

exactly! I saw it last night and I really enjoyed.. one of the better movies I have seen in a while.... awesome...!

Not bad at all. however there was a line of people at the ticket desk when the movie ended trying to get a refund. Lol.

The initial numbers are in: not bad for a movie with a production budget of $25 million. The moguls might demand a sequel: probably some other city.

LOS ANGELES - The creature-feature "Cloverfield" became the first monster hit released in 2008, debuting with $41 million, a record opening for January, according to studio estimates Sunday.

Paramount's tale of a giant reptile causing chaos in New York City surpassed the $35.9 million premiere weekend of the "Star Wars" special edition in 1997, the previous best for January.

Opening in second-place was 20th Century Fox's romantic comedy "27 Dresses," starring Katherine Heigl as a perpetual bridesmaid. It pulled in $22.4 million.

ya i liked it, i just didnt like how the thing looks directly into the camera in that one part. Kinda like in signs, i like more of not being able to see exactly what it is.

Great movie! Wish the whole movie wasn't centered around saving that girl, but other than that it was a good watch.

BTW, right at the end, when the static comes on and there is that weird noise, J.J Abrams is saying 'It's still alive' backwards.

Last edited:
I saw this last night and after a boring start the movie turned out to be one of the best, most intense monster movies imaginable. The entire cast was not out to solve any problems or save the day (like most monster movies). The cast was instead just some friends who have no idea what is going on and are trying hard to survive while filming all they can.

Outstanding movie in my opinion. And it offers NO explanations, which was unique and actually pretty effective.

Ive seen the trailer and wasnt really taken in by it. I will view this soon though and give fair opinion before judgement.

I'll wait for the DVD. I will say that it was marketed very well. If the movie budget was 25 mil, they must have spent 10 of that on advertising. Where I'm at, there's Cloverfield advertisements out the ass.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear