over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Old movie/TV recommendations...

Nike22

Registered
Newbies
So I'm pretty up to date on what's available on Netflicks, et. al. today but I'm bored.
In this age we can stream basically anything we want so...
What are your sleeper recommendations for films/TV shows from some years back?

Action: Smokin' Aces, Blood Diamond, Heat, The Rock, La Femme Nikita
Sci-fi: Cypher, Starship Troopers, Original Dune, District 9
Drama: Shawshank Redemption, Gran Torino, The Green Mile, Erin Brockovich
Comedy: Trading Places, Office Space, Airplane!, Liar Liar

That's what I got for some of you younger guys that may have missed some of these oldies but goodies.
What do you recommend?

The Wire, Sopranos, Mad Men and Breaking Bad are all musts for “classic TV” now.

The absolute best show of the last 5 years that just ended is Succession. It’s on my top 10 list for sure. The writing and acting are second to none. First half of the first season is a little slow because they are setting the world - but it takes off like a rocket ship after episode 5.

What some people consider what an old movie is, can really make me feel old.

The Wire, Sopranos, Mad Men and Breaking Bad are all musts for “classic TV” now.

The absolute best show of the last 5 years that just ended is Succession. It’s on my top 10 list for sure. The writing and acting are second to none. First half of the first season is a little slow because they are setting the world - but it takes off like a rocket ship after episode 5.
Been curious about succession. Will have to check it out

When I was younger I loved the movie Sniper.

Final Countdown is a really cool and thought provoking 1980 naval drama with Kirk Douglas, James Farentino, Kathrine Ross and Martin Sheen. Miliary, Pearl Harbor history, cool twists - don't want to ruin it.

My mom loved it, I love it, my kids love it. On Amazon streaming right now but I always own the disc regardless. Worth your time if you've never seen it.

Final Countdown is a really cool and thought provoking 1980 naval drama with Kirk Douglas, James Farentino, Kathrine Ross and Martin Sheen. Miliary, Pearl Harbor history, cool twists - don't want to ruin it.

My mom loved it, I love it, my kids love it. On Amazon streaming right now but I always own the disc regardless. Worth your time if you've never seen it.

I watched it with my mom too lol She really enjoyed it.

Duuuuude.... was just thinking last week about re-watching Sopranos from start to finish again.
Will give Succession a look.
I have a home gym so I always just throw something on the i-pad when I'm training, doing cardio, whatever.

I love horror movies and the first V/H/S is my favorite - very original story with 4 connected stories within it. I also love Paranormal Activity 3 - when we saw it in theaters a few kids ran out during the last 10 minutes.

I love David Lynch's work - surreal and non-linear storytelling that makes you think. Lost Highway and Mulholland Drive are the easiest to get into; if you like those you'll probably love Inland Empire.

I don't know TV or streaming shows as I don't watch that stuff. True Blood, American Horror Story, and Breaking Bad are the only ones I've seen all the way through and I enjoyed them.

Duuuuude.... was just thinking last week about re-watching Sopranos from start to finish again.
Will give Succession a look.
I have a home gym so I always just throw something on the i-pad when I'm training, doing cardio, whatever.
Lol I’ve rewatched Sopranos in its entirety at least 5 times now. I watched Succession live week to week but I’m rewatching binge style during morning cardio. It’s def meant to be binged with how short the actual story is. It’s 38 episodes over 4 seasons but it’s only like a year in the show.

If you"re into more of sci fi Lost was great.One of my favorite moies ever is Once upon a time in the west if you like westerns.
And ‘Once Upon a Time in America ‘, same director.

I am finding modern movies more, and more sub-par.

Aliens - up to #2
Requiem for a Dream
The Professional
Godfather 1/2 - My son, 19, and I watched these a few weeks back
Full Metal Jacket
Platoon
The Wire TV Series - If you have not seen this you are missing out on one of the best series ever produced
The Kingdom - Just watched this on my last business trip

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?