over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT / going back to high school

getbiggest

Registered
hi everyone i have a little brother who had dropped out of high school with 1 quarter left in the 10th grade well now hes 17 and would like to finish high school.but he says the only way he would go is if they would let him go into 11th grade .........now my question does anyone have any experiance in dealing with schools with situations like this and if so any advice on how we could go about talking them into letting him come back in 11th grade?

hi everyone i have a little brother who had dropped out of high school with 1 quarter left in the 10th grade well now hes 17 and would like to finish high school.but he says the only way he would go is if they would let him go into 11th grade .........now my question does anyone have any experiance in dealing with schools with situations like this and if so any advice on how we could go about talking them into letting him come back in 11th grade?

I would think he's going to have to be tested to see what if anything was retained from the tenth grade level, and to see what he knows on the next level , to me that would be the only way. Also what about summer school to make up what he gave up on to show he does have the actual credits needed to move on to 11th grade

Is he considering college? Pardon me if I am giving unwarranted ideas, but he could just get a GED and then go to a community college....then transfer to a University. Once he is finished with the University, they will not be concerned with whether he finished HS or obtained his GED.

Is he considering college? Pardon me if I am giving unwarranted ideas, but he could just get a GED and then go to a community college....then transfer to a University. Once he is finished with the University, they will not be concerned with whether he finished HS or obtained his GED.

Yup.

Each state will differ a little on how they handle this situation, and even in the states the individual schools will differ some. The best thing is for him to go to them and tell them it was a mistake to drop out and he really wants to make it up. He needs to make them believe that he will come back at any cost and then convince them that there is a significant reason for allowing him to take classes this summer to allow him to finish his 10th grade courses. If he goes in saying that he will come back if they will let him move on, IMO, there is no way they will let that happen. Now I have nothing to do with education, but this is from experiences I went through when younger.

Possibly have him mention to them that he wants to get the rest of his education and get get to college. And he'd like not to have to suffer an entire year set back for a poor decision he made once. And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it was a poor decision. I don't know the situation and getting a GED and then going to college or work is essentially the same thing in my book.

You really might want to talk to him about the GED thing b/c he can most likely get that done in less time than it would take him to complete the last 2 years of school. Anyhow...that's my .02...take it for what it is

I would think he's going to have to be tested to see what if anything was retained from the tenth grade level, and to see what he knows on the next level , to me that would be the only way. Also what about summer school to make up what he gave up on to show he does have the actual credits needed to move on to 11th grade

thats what were trying to tlak them into right now either summer school to make up credits and/or extra classes with his last 2 years

we talked about the GED and he seems to really want to finish high school which is completly understandable to me as he feels like hes not a normal kid i guess he misses it and feels like he has to finish it.

Each state will differ a little on how they handle this situation, and even in the states the individual schools will differ some. The best thing is for him to go to them and tell them it was a mistake to drop out and he really wants to make it up. He needs to make them believe that he will come back at any cost and then convince them that there is a significant reason for allowing him to take classes this summer to allow him to finish his 10th grade courses. If he goes in saying that he will come back if they will let him move on, IMO, there is no way they will let that happen. Now I have nothing to do with education, but this is from experiences I went through when younger.

Possibly have him mention to them that he wants to get the rest of his education and get get to college. And he'd like not to have to suffer an entire year set back for a poor decision he made once. And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it was a poor decision. I don't know the situation and getting a GED and then going to college or work is essentially the same thing in my book.

You really might want to talk to him about the GED thing b/c he can most likely get that done in less time than it would take him to complete the last 2 years of school. Anyhow...that's my .02...take it for what it is

he would do the GED thing but he feels like he needs to finish high school and from what me and him discussed last night its seems as if he'll still be going back even if he must start at 10th grade.

He can do as they say or he can get his G.E.D, then enroll in a community college to get 15 college credits which would take about a year or less to complete..that will make his education equivalent to a High School Diploma. This is what I was told by a USMC recruiter.

if he wants to start the 11th grade this autumn, he will need the equivelent credits as his peers going into the school year. so my suggestion would be to jump into an independent learning propgram asap and hopefully catch up on credits before the school year starts. Doing that, i dont think he'll have any problems.

High school is a joke. No one gives a shit if you have a diploma when you have a degree. Having been in the exact same situation, dropping out of high school, getting my GED, and then going to college in what would have been my junior year was the best move I could have made. By the time my friends graduated from high school I was TONS smarter than they were and over half way to my AA. I wish I would have done it in my freshman year.

High school is a joke. No one gives a shit if you have a diploma when you have a degree.

TRUE

Why does he want to finish high school, as opposed to taking the faster route? Is it a social thing, or one of those "rights of passage" things?

thats what were trying to tlak them into right now either summer school to make up credits and/or extra classes with his last 2 years

we talked about the GED and he seems to really want to finish high school which is completly understandable to me as he feels like hes not a normal kid i guess he misses it and feels like he has to finish it.

he would do the GED thing but he feels like he needs to finish high school and from what me and him discussed last night its seems as if he'll still be going back even if he must start at 10th grade.

you know that he just wants to be the older guy with a car in school getting all that young pu$$y....that would be the only reason I would go back....ah...memories!!!

thanks to everone who responded the school has decided to let him finish the school year in school but he has to make up the whole year in 1 quarter or he doesnt go to 11th next year ,if he hasnt finished the school year by the end of this quarter they will allow him to go to summer school and try to finish.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear