OT lowest glycemic index rice?

Heavy squats, yes
Meal prep, yes
sacrificing hours a day working out, yes
Workout injuries, no big deal
Jabbing myself with needles, I'm ok with that
Eating rice that is slightly different texture that regular rice...Hell no! :p
When you eat around 8 cups of rice a day, hell yes the texture matters

It definitely slows digestion. And it tastes awesome. I also love to season my rice with furikake rice seasoning. Added bonus it’s got a ton of iodine in it
My ex is Korean (and Italian).... Only good thing she ever did for me was turn me onto this. I need a 5 gallon pale of it.

anyone tried calrose rice?

I made the switch away from Jasmine to this (lots of it in CA) and its much better. Different consistency. Larger grain , more like sushi rice. Stickier too. Makes a better paste for my meals. I like mixing meat and rice and avocado all together and this rice is just perfect for that.

I made the switch away from Jasmine to this (lots of it in CA) and its much better. Different consistency. Larger grain , more like sushi rice. Stickier too. Makes a better paste for my meals. I like mixing meat and rice and avocado all together and this rice is just perfect for that.
I love calrose. It’s what you make sushi rice with. Add a little sugar and rice vinegar and stir while it cools and becomes sticky. Boom

And if you want sticky rice….try Thai sweet rice. Also called sticky rice. It’s higher in amylopectin and lower in amylose which makes it much stickier. Coincidentally this also makes it digest quite a bit faster than jasmine rice or calrose which makes it a great post workout carb

Attachments

• BF705AB6-9F76-4814-8D4D-8361DB56E19B.png
    BF705AB6-9F76-4814-8D4D-8361DB56E19B.png
    302.4 KB · Views: 0

I hope whatever kind of rice you eat is fairly cheap. For a guy your size....I'm guessing you eat about a 5 gallon bucket of rice every day......

Thanks for the replys everyone! Yes logically one could use fats but my macros per meal are pre determined by my coach. Just trying to find a way to enjoy chicken, rice and Pineapple without starving 45 mins later and feeling like I'm going hypo lol.

I know your coach has a plan and its good to be consistent. But one diet may work for one and not for another even based on things like feeling hypo in between meals for several different reasons. I agree that added fats and also added fiber such as a fibrous vegetable included into each meal would keep you satiated longer. The veggies would yield less calories and benefit excreting of waste which is sometime burdened from chic/rice diet. The only time I feel a meal void of fats in appropriate is right after training.

I know your coach has a plan and its good to be consistent. But one diet may work for one and not for another even based on things like feeling hypo in between meals for several different reasons. I agree that added fats and also added fiber such as a fibrous vegetable included into each meal would keep you satiated longer. The veggies would yield less calories and benefit excreting of waste which is sometime burdened from chic/rice diet. The only time I feel a meal void of fats in appropriate is right after training.

I understand but this is a high carb day. The carbs can be whatever. I just prefer rice and Pineapple so would like to find a way to make that work.

There's no need to change the diet. Like if I eat potatoes and Pineapple I'd be fine. My body loves potatos, my palate likes rice lol.

I understand but this is a high carb day. The carbs can be whatever. I just prefer rice and Pineapple so would like to find a way to make that work.

There's no need to change the diet. Like if I eat potatoes and Pineapple I'd be fine. My body loves potatos, my palate likes rice lol.
Just as an FYI whole grain basmati rice has the lowest index of any rice at around 50-56

I hope whatever kind of rice you eat is fairly cheap. For a guy your size....I'm guessing you eat about a 5 gallon bucket of rice every day......
ALWAYS have white rice going at any point during the day lol
Its my MAIN carb for most days. Maybe a bagel or kids cereal post WO some days. But lots and lots of rice.

ALWAYS have white rice going at any point during the day lol
Its my MAIN carb for most days. Maybe a bagel or kids cereal post WO some days. But lots and lots of rice.
Same here. Rice has been my main carb source for a few months. Started reading into Stan Efferding's diet theories, and eating carbs that digest the easiest just makes sense.

Same here. Rice has been my main carb source for a few months. Started reading into Stan Efferding's diet theories, and eating carbs that digest the easiest just makes sense.
Jasmine rice and sticky rice are my only carb source. I’ll occasionally have pasta with family dinner, or some cereal because it tastes good. But white rice is the only carb that I can consistently digest without problems. And Jasmine is the tastiest IMO

We all seem very similar. I love rice too. Potatoes are good but rice is better.

Just as an FYI whole grain basmati rice has the lowest index of any rice at around 50-56
HH, you are like a rice guru. I'm coming to you for all my rice questions from now on.

We all seem very similar. I love rice too. Potatoes are good but rice is better.

HH, you are like a rice guru. I'm coming to you for all my rice questions from now on.
Im telling you man. I’ve tried it all to find things that don’t bother my stomach, and rice is pretty much it. So I’ve tried lots of different kinds. For me personally sticky rice, which has a very high gi, digest like water. No bloating, I can eat a lot of it, and I’m hungry again like 2 hours later. Jasmine rice requires less effort to make, but digests a little slower. My absolute favorite rice is Louisiana popcorn rice. Absolutely amazing! But it’s pretty much impossible to find locally so I order it online every once in awhile

My wife and I eat chicken and rice (with veggies, usually broccoli, and a little butter) 1-2x per day, we like short grain 'sushi' rice, it's higher in glycemic index but I don't really think it matters in the context of a meal, glycemic load would be what matters here.

Every time I try brown rice I get so sick of so fast and go back to white rice. I wonder if it's an 'anti-nutrient' issue.

My wife and I eat chicken and rice (with veggies, usually broccoli, and a little butter) 1-2x per day, we like short grain 'sushi' rice, it's higher in glycemic index but I don't really think it matters in the context of a meal, glycemic load would be what matters here.

Every time I try brown rice I get so sick of so fast and go back to white rice. I wonder if it's an 'anti-nutrient' issue.
Ya brown rice is gross. It smells faintly of urine and has a weird texture. And all whole grains like brown rice are seeds and contain compounds in the outer part that causes digestive inflammation in order to get whatever animal has eaten it to excrete it out inside of a pile of its own fertilizer.

If you google cooking rice with coconut oil and letting it cool they say it builds a resistant starch and slows digestion .

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131