over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT: Shane Carwin vs. Brock Lesnar at UFC 106

Bio

Staff member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
This is the fight I've been waiting for! I'm convinced Shane Carwin is going to KO Lesnar. A lot of people might not be familiar with him but his wrestiling skills are top notch and he knocks people out in the stand up game. I saw him compete several years ago in a smaller organization where there wasn't drug testing and back then his fighting weight was 290lbs at 6'4". Now he makes the UFC cutoff at 265. Here is his full stats Fight Finder - Shane Carwin's Mixed Martial Arts Statistics

Shane Carwin will face Brock Lesnar for the UFC heavyweight title at UFC 106.

FanHouse has learned that Carwin's bout against Cain Velasquez at UFC 104 has officially been scrapped, and the 11-0 heavyweight will main event the November 21st card in Las Vegas against Lesnar (4-1).

MMAMadness.com first reported the news of the potential title fight late Tuesday evening.

The Carwin vs. Velasquez bout at UFC 104 was supposed to determine the No.1 contender for the UFC heavyweight title. No word just yet on who Velasquez will be facing instead, but FanHouse has learned that the 6-0 American Kickboxing Academy will still be competing on the October 24 card in Los Angeles.

No official reason was given for the switch.

Carwin is 3-0 inside the Octagon, however, only one of his victories -- a first-round TKO win over Gabriel Gonzaga at UFC 96 -- has come on the main card.

Lesnar captured the UFC heavyweight crown when he defeated Randy Couture at UFC 91. He successfully defended it at UFC 100 in July, defeating interim champion Frank Mir via second-round TKO.

Carwin doesn't appear to be a big fan of Lesnar's, as he very vocal about how unimpressed he was with Lesnar's post-UFC 100 behavior:

"The flipping off of the fans that just lined your pocket with millions of dollars is just LAME. He may be a Champion but he has a long ways to go before he earns the respect of a Champion. The fans are why we do this Brock, this sport is not about fat paychecks and drama it is about hard work and sacrifice for a shot to do what you did last night. It doesn't matter how much money you make if you can't earn your peers respect and the respect and love of the greatest sporting fans in the world. We have no scripts in this sport, no pre-determined earning amount and no pre-determined outcomes. It doesn't matter if you win or loose it matters how you win or loose."

Here is a clip of some of his fights:
YouTube - Shane Carwin MMA Fight Video Highlights

Tito Ortiz vs. Mark Coleman is also rumored for UFC 106.

Carwin is the real deal. This will be a true test for Brock and a very good match up. Carwin just destroys people. This should be a great fight.

I for one am looking forward to this matchup

Prediction: Lesnar wins again!

How much weight is Carwin giving away to Lesnar?! I noticed that none of his fights have made it out of the first round and I think all were ko's except for 1 submission...Brock may have his hands full.....

How much weight is Carwin giving away to Lesnar?! I noticed that none of his fights have made it out of the first round and I think all were ko's except for 1 submission...Brock may have his hands full.....

Carwin actually out weighs Brock and is 3" taller.

Cain velasquez got screwed
he has more right than carwin to fight for that belt.

Carwin 2' taller and they probably would weigh in both the same 265 and weigh the same at fight at least 280.

Should be a good fight... I give Brock slight advantage with wrestling and Carwin stand up striking.

I Just watched the Gonzaga- Carwin fight for the first time (The only fight of Carwins Ive seen) and I just think Brock will be to much for him. I see Lesnar him holding him down and beating him up. Itll be nice to see him fight someone his own size but The way Gonazaga took him down makes me think
Lesnar shouldnt have much trouble. Ya never know though.
Cant wait to see it :)

I Just watched the Gonzaga- Carwin fight for the first time (The only fight of Carwins Ive seen) and I just think Brock will be to much for him. I see Lesnar him holding him down and beating him up. Itll be nice to see him fight someone his own size but The way Gonazaga took him down makes me think
Lesnar shouldnt have much trouble. Ya never know though.
Cant wait to see it :)

Yea but Gonzaga's ground game and take downs are top of the class he is very skilled in Ju Jitsu as well as Judo

Brock Lesner is only 6'2" ??

Here is a stat that will hurt. Brock Lesnar 3x gloves Carwin 5x gloves this mans hands are huge and his hands are heavy. ask gabriel g.

What makes these guys hand so damn big ?? I'm 6'2" and a XL glove is kinda tight and a 2x is fine but a 3x is pretty damn big and I've never seen a 4x glove for anything. Is it from growth or what , I remember shaking Jay Cutlers hand a couple years ago and his fingers where huge , I rember thiking "how does this guy pick his nose"

its a good thing these guys are fighters and not proctoligist , damn a 4XL glove would be like getting hit with a cinder block

What makes these guys hand so damn big ?? I'm 6'2" and a XL glove is kinda tight and a 2x is fine but a 3x is pretty damn big and I've never seen a 4x glove for anything. Is it from growth or what , I remember shaking Jay Cutlers hand a couple years ago and his fingers where huge , I rember thiking "how does this guy pick his nose"

its a good thing these guys are fighters and not proctoligist , damn a 4XL glove would be like getting hit with a cinder block

That's funny as hell!!!

As for the fight... I think it will be decided on the fact that weather or not Lesner can take him down! There is no human on this earth that moves as well as Lesner on the ground at his size.. hell not many 150lbs move as well as him on the ground!!! As for the chin being tested!!! Better bring a crowbar if your gonna TKO him! Can't wait for this fight! Two massive giants going head to head...... gonna be great

Carwin actually out weighs Brock and is 3" taller.

WHAT?? I love how all these people that have no knowledge of MMA or tell all these "the fish was this big story"
Carwin is an inch shorter then Lesnar (saw them stand next to each other) and he is listed at 6'2"
As far as weight. Carwin has not had to cut since he got into the UFC making the 265lb limit with ease (in fact he was under 260 in his last fight against Gonzaga 259.5lb. UFC 96 Weigh-InResults - MMA For Real
Lesner has had to cut every fight to make the 265lb weigh limit and hydrates back up to around 275-280lb by fight night.

So about a 15-20lb adv to Lesnar and maybe a inch taller

Bottom line it will be a good fight if it stay standing but it wont. Lesnar will take down Carwin easy (Lesnar's take down is that good yes, and Carwin go taken down with easy by Gonzaga!) and GNP with a tko in the 1st

I just watched the Gonzaga fight (same as rAJ, it's the first and only fight of Carwin's I've seen) and Carwin looked a little sloppy...Looks like he has pretty heavy hands though.....

WHAT?? I love how all these people that have no knowledge of MMA or tell all these "the fish was this big story"
Carwin is an inch shorter then Lesnar (saw them stand next to each other) and he is listed at 6'2"

How do you know what knowledge any of the people in this post have? Have you actually measured Carwin yourself...You may be absolutely correct, BUT chill out with the attitude! All any of us know about the guy is what is listed as his stats.

Sherdog has his height at 6'4". Fight Finder - Shane Carwin's Mixed Martial Arts Statistics

Fighters.com has him at 6'4'' **broken link removed**

TopGunMMA.com has him at 6'4" **broken link removed**

ESPN has him at 6'3" Shane Carwin Fight Results and Bio - MMA - ESPN

MixedMartialArts.com has him at 6'2 **broken link removed**

As far as his weight goes, when I saw him fight (yes, I was there) on June 6, 2006 at Extreme Wars 3, Bay Area Brawl, they announced his weight at 290lbs - It's listed as 285lbs on this link **broken link removed**

i have carwin winning this one for a few reasons:

1) he has an awesome chin, and lesnar can't punch.

2) when lesnar shoots, he leads with his face. carwin will surely train for that.

3) carwin hits like a sledge hammer. even if he doesn't knock him cold with a clean shot, he'll put him on queer street. i think that will give carwin an opportunity to finish him.

4) i dislike lesnar, so i want carwin to shut him up and send him home.:)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear