over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

permabulkers

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I was wondering what some of you guys make of permabulkers.

I myself used to be one. I would eat massive amounts of food and get big and strong....i realized i was too fat....so i would start to diet....i would lose weight but i just felt like i was losing my mass and strength (tried different training styles, diets, etc).

Now im much more laner, i finally dieted down. But with my shirt on I barley look like I workout, and i find that I can not make the strength/size gains that I made back when I was permabulking.

Even when i go slower, it seems like the fat still piles on just as much as the msucle. So basically im getting the same results i got permabulking, but they are slower.

I even experienced this same thing when I got with a well known trainer. After a year i switched to another guy who has me on very low calories (trying to cut me up some) and a pretty high volume routine im not used to and im liking my results so far.

Im wondering what some of you guys make of 'permabulkers." Im talking someone who eats clean, just needs to eat massiv amounts to gain, and gains fat easy. Obviousley im not talking about people with gifted genetics because some people are able to be big and lean, but some such as myself can't do this.

Do you guys feel that there are actually people out there that in order to gain decent mass must each so much that they get fat?

Do you feel that there are people out there that due to genetics can not easily hold onto muscle (regardless of how good their/diet training is).

Are some people really screwed, as they are a combination of both these things?

good post,
I am looking forward to the responses. I am not a permabulker, but I know several who fit the bill. The guys i am thinking of see themselves as big because they are 250+ but if they actually dieted down to stage condition would probaly be 180-190 pounds tops :D
Because of this, they never diet enough to even have abs. Too much of a hit on the self image they have of being big.

I do not believe in a sloppy bulk. I know many do, but in my opinion is is only for chasing the scale and padding the ego. It is unhealthy and requires harder dieting when the time comes - which is also unhealthy.
We are supposed to be body builders, not bloat-bag-fatty builders :D

Bottom line is if eating clean is making you fat, you are eating too much. Drop back and accept the slower rate for the better quality.

the whole point of bodybuidling is to look like a greek god, not a pile of playdough that some kid ate and vomitted out 20 minutes later...

that being said... permabulker wayyyy underestimate their fat%... if they think it's 15%, it's probably 25%... and so on. when they lose the weight they need to lose, they see how much muscle they really have and they don't like it. so they say they had more and they lost it while on a caloric deficit for a long time.

well... every competitor out there is on a caloric deficit, and whatever muscle he "lost" he'll gain back after 2-3 cheat days after his contest, and usually he'll look bigger that he used to when he was fat... even with a t-shirt on.

it's not the over eating that gives you muscle bro... i've said it too many times and i'm not gonna say it again

AGAIN

I agree..........FOR THE 10000000000000000000000th time..............if you are FAT THEN YOU DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH MUSCLE............either you are not genetially disposed to carry much or you need more hormones.....IF you are training and dieting correctly. I dont care if it is the same routine or same AAS as another person....GENETICS dictate the RESULTS.....high volume bullshit.....its bullshit man......WTF is high volume? What is low volume? IF your dont look like you want to then you need more muscle.......

thanks for the replies guys...i agree that i hate the permabulker look and thats why i just bit the bullet and leaned down...now im trying to grow slow and lean and see where it takes me.

i guess what im asking though is....in your experience and guys you have seen who have crappy genetics (for building muscle, OR staying lean)....do you ever find that some people can only grow when they eat enough that they get too fat (not pregnant digusting...but the permabulker look lol).

and are these usually the same people that lose alot of muscle when dieting down, or appear too? maybe the reason there are so many permabulkers roaming around in gyms today?

maybe i worded it bad,,,,just basically wondering if a permabulker (who assume has terrible genetics for BB purposes) can only gain/hold muscle in permabulker mode...due to genetics.....assume they are not just a lazy slob who doesnt want to eat correctly and do cardio etc.

thanks for the replies guys...i agree that i hate the permabulker look and thats why i just bit the bullet and leaned down...now im trying to grow slow and lean and see where it takes me.

i guess what im asking though is....in your experience and guys you have seen who have crappy genetics (for building muscle, OR staying lean)....do you ever find that some people can only grow when they eat enough that they get too fat (not pregnant digusting...but the permabulker look lol).

and are these usually the same people that lose alot of muscle when dieting down, or appear too? maybe the reason there are so many permabulkers roaming around in gyms today?

maybe i worded it bad,,,,just basically wondering if a permabulker (who assume has terrible genetics for BB purposes) can only gain/hold muscle in permabulker mode...due to genetics.....assume they are not just a lazy slob who doesnt want to eat correctly and do cardio etc.

if he can hold that look on 'permabulker' mode, he can hold the same amount of muscle using more hormones while dieting. period.

if he can hold that look on 'permabulker' mode, he can hold the same amount of muscle using more hormones while dieting. period.

good point. i think maybe one mistake i made early on was when doing cycles...i would run my cycle during my 'bulk'...then do pct....then i could use my time off to cut up. my thinking was i wanted the hormones while i was trying to build mass...then i would recover naturally and once i was recovered i would go into my cutting phase.

I've always felt muscle is harder to lose than people think. And harder to gain.

Buselmo said it really well. "Permabulkers" just underestimate the amount of muscle they have, so when they diet the fat off they find out they're small. So they falsely conclude they burned off muscle too.

If protein is high, weight training is consistent, and proper supplements are being used, what % of the pounds you lose on a deficit will be muscle mass?

it is wacky when they finally start to diet down for a show, because you realize that entire muscle groups may be really behind:eek: at that point it is too late to do too much about. they may get lean enough, but symmetry sucks.

i think some of the size loss is fat within the muscle. just look at a well marbled steak.

Last edited:
If somebody wanted to be big and ripped he would be. The aas, food, gyms and methods are out there... permabulkers are fat because they want to be that way, why should we care? more power to them, they are free and we
shouldn´t give a fuck

When I start to get fat, I back off the cals, when progress starts to slow down, I increase them.

I used to be permabulker...er...powerlifter. :) Ever notice that the two go together like peas and carrots? No offense to real powerlifters. I think a lot of guys just realize that they're never gonna cut up and tell themselves they are powerlifters...but still do 16 sets of 10 reps for Chest.

Anyway, having gone from a strong 275 to a not so much 190, in a bad way, there were/are huge gaps I never noticed and that Ive been fixing for 5 years. It's finally starting to come around. A little AAS and macro adjustments are the only way if you have normal genetics like me.

If you are using hormones, eating good balanced macro's at the right times, training like a animal and can't gain muscle w/o fat then you are doing something WRONG... I don't care how bad one thinks their genetics are (w/in reason, some ppl certainly are luckier than others). Copious amounts of calories are not needed, the right calories at the right times are. You may think you need these 'large' amounts of food to grow but in reality you DON'T. The sooner you figure that out, the healthier/leaner you will be...

My bestfriend is a charge nurse and former top 6 national competitor, he tells me that most bodybuilders are like pregnant women. They think they need to be eating thousands of calories over so they can grow, but in reality only a couple hundred extra is all that is needed.

Honestly, I've been a permabulker for years and am worried about getting small and losing strength. I know what I have to do though and am going for it. To the regular person I am "big guy" but I know I am carrying a lot of fat!

permabulker = fat lazy-ass bodybuilder

:cool:

permabulker = fat lazy-ass bodybuilder

:cool:

Agreed! I have learned a lot from all of you guys over the last year and realize that I have to really be dedicated to a clean diet and stick to it... Problem is, I realize I have been pretty clueless about diet but also, the late night binges are what really kill me.

I have to practice dillegent discipline if I truly want to call myself a bodybuilder. I have dieted down in the past to a lean 180 pounds with abs showing... I know I have a lot more muscle since then so after I diet down this time, I think I should be alright, hell, I'll probably look bigger!

Agreed! I have learned a lot from all of you guys over the last year and realize that I have to really be dedicated to a clean diet and stick to it... Problem is, I realize I have been pretty clueless about diet but also, the late night binges are what really kill me.

I have to practice dillegent discipline if I truly want to call myself a bodybuilder. I have dieted down in the past to a lean 180 pounds with abs showing... I know I have a lot more muscle since then so after I diet down this time, I think I should be alright, hell, I'll probably look bigger!

lets change it big guy

you HAVE ALL the tools

:)

the whole point of bodybuidling is to look like a greek god, not a pile of playdough

Now that is a great way to put it!!!!!!:D Enough said!!!

when i did strongman i got up to 305 lbs at 5'10" and i thought i looked good...until i saw picks...dear god i was so fat...the last show i did i competed at 223 and looked good but could have lost 2-3 lbs more...but i was the bulker for 10 years...this is like a self-help group...

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws