over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Planet fitness VS Snap Fitness

dgarr21

Registered
Plant fatness took over my gym "worlds gym" which was a damn good gym and they painted it yellow and purple and took all the big boy weights out but i stayed cause they said hey instead of paying 60 bucks a month how does 10 bucks sound i was stupid and tried them out and them a**holes then eat up all the little gyms surrounding them...okay rant is over now my question is anyone heard of SNAP FITNESS and if so how are they on free weights and do you or know someone that likes that gym for a good decent gym that does not look down if you can bench press 405 and take away ALL squat racks cause they scare ugly out of shape no drive pizza eating people snap fitness is the only gym left really besides plant fatness

Hmmmmmmmmmm. I have posted about my bad experience @ a planet fitness before but I am not sure about snap. I would say just get a free day or week pass and try them out. PF's whole goal is to create a neutral atmosphere where everyone feels comfortable. Don't know about your area but I would try to find a small "mom and pops" type gym that lets you train the way you arr accustom to. Just my 0.02$

showy

brother i wish i could find a family owned one but they close to early for my work schedule i also got night classes i go to so by all that is done its ten at night when they are closing up shop but snap fitness says they are 24/7 and i think they dont mind u moving around big weight...planet fatness is the only gym that serves pizza and bagels even late at night that had me scratching my head hard haha gym + pizza bagels does not equal gym

Both are very similar.. They both suck for anyone that wants to push any real weight.. They just dont cater to heavyweights.. If its your only option then make the best of it.. I miss my old World Gym.. Best gym franchise ever!!
DV

Anytime fitness maybe???

omg i know worlds gym was the shit! lol they didnt care what you do as long as shit was not broke when you left and they had every damn machine and TONS of big boy weights mine even had DB's up to 180's (i used them for high rep alt curls when im going out HAHAHA jokes). well what about anytime fitness its 24/7 and close to or are they just like snap? I cant take planet fatness anymore WAY to much estrogen in that place and the weird thing is their is no girls just whiny bitchy guys that care about their nails way to much

I have a membership at a Golds gym & at a Snap fitness gym. Golds is further away (50 min) and I use this gym for heavy training = $19.99 per month!!

Then Snap fitness (10 min) away I use for morning cardio and tanning then late night cardio = $35.00 per month.

Sometimes, I also use Snap for hitting a muscle group if I don't feel like I hit them hard enough earlier in the day at Golds, prior to my late night cardio.

So Snap is okay for what I need it for. The main setback is when I try and get a good workout in there, I take up all the 45lb weights and everyone is waiting and watching me.

Plus it's built inside an apartment complex right above the place so "noise" has to be at a minimum to be considerate to the tenants. :action-s:

hahahahah WTF a gym built with a apartment next to it and u have to be quiet??? what MORON thought it would be a good idea to do that dont they say location location location guess that guy was sick that day...yeah shit im going to both of them tomorrow or sunday (work all saturday) and see what is up...i hate planet fatass so much now they are the new aged walmart now for gyms they are making the last few places that arent sissy sissy now lol damn jerks

omg i know worlds gym was the shit! lol they didnt care what you do as long as shit was not broke when you left and they had every damn machine and TONS of big boy weights mine even had DB's up to 180's (i used them for high rep alt curls when im going out HAHAHA jokes). well what about anytime fitness its 24/7 and close to or are they just like snap? I cant take planet fatness anymore WAY to much estrogen in that place and the weird thing is their is no girls just whiny bitchy guys that care about their nails way to much

The Anytime Fitness around me are not catered to moving any weight above 80lb dumbells. No flat benches, no squat racks, simply machines and cardio equipment. Dragging a flat over to a Smith is the only option and you will need every plate in the building to even bench. No bars at all. Sad, I love the idea of letting yourself in and having the gym to yourself, but they are horribly equipped and straight out don't cater to this lifestyle.

Maybe some are different, we have 2 and they are laid out exactly the same. When I went in the owner just flat out said the place wasn't for me and basically said they didn't want my business, and I'm not anywhere near the shape of most here. I actually was going to sign up just because my girlfriend wanted to do cardio and wanted me to come along, the guy straight up didn't want my money, never saw anything like it.

Last edited:
What are all the gyms coming to?

Around here we also have these fancy and expensive health clubs that hardly have any free weights that at best you can get a cardio workout out of.

Luckily, there are still 2-3 hardcore gyms around.

The Anytime Fitness around me are not catered to moving any weight above 80lb dumbells. No flat benches, no squat racks, simply machines and cardio equipment. Dragging a flat over to a Smith is the only option and you will need every plate in the building to even bench. No bars at all. Sad, I love the idea of letting yourself in and having the gym to yourself, but they are horribly equipped and straight out don't cater to this lifestyle.

Maybe some are different, we have 2 and they are laid out exactly the same. When I went in the owner just flat out said the place wasn't for me and basically said they didn't want my business, and I'm not anywhere near the shape of most here. I actually was going to sign up just because my girlfriend wanted to do cardio and wanted me to come along, the guy straight up didn't want my money, never saw anything like it.
dumbells only go upto 100 and they have about 485-500lbs of plates that u can put on the smith machine or those plate loaded machines

DUDESSSSS, I SO HATE PLANET FITNESS. They bought out one of the gyms I went to for years. I swear everytime I went there they had removed one more piece of equipment. And to make it worse they, had thoses announcements going. "This is a neutral atmosphere", "We don't like bodybuilders". Blah blah blah. I coldn't believe they had an automated announcement that denounced us bodybuilders.

One day I was deadlifting and doing tbar rows off the ground. The whole freakin staff were all together looking at me like I was crazy. I thought to myself, "bring it on. Do you really want to see an angry black man? I wish one of you would say something to me."

Before I left they told me that what I was doing was not allowed. I told them that my contract with the last gym allowed me to do whatever I wanted and you bought the gym out with my contract still in place. Deal with it. And then I left.

The Beggar

The gym I had been going to went out of business and I had to either drive 35 minutes to a neighboring town or join a Anytime fitness that recently opened right up the street from my place of work. I joined Anytime and its very small no benches, dumbbells only go to 100lbs(I brought my own 160's down and they are letting me leave them at the club) but they do have a power rack and a nice smith. They have no extra bars and if I am doing deads,rows or benches no one is using more then 225 on anything else plate loaded.It is nice having it so close though.

I signed up about a week ago at PF just for the fact of it being 10 bucks. Except for the lack of free weights the place is brand new so it aint bad for certain days. But 5 days in i dropped the 75lbs bumbells not payin attention and set off the lunk alarm hahahaha was the funniest thing ive ever scene. I thought it was all bullshit untill the thing went off it was hilarious sounds like an old school fire alarm, the button must be behind the counter cause there was a good 10 sec delay before the thing went off.......

i own a anytime fitness and we have db's up to 150, power rack, hack, leg press, old school t-bar my friend made, plated load chest-shoulder-pulldown-dip, smith etc...just depends on the owner. if the owner is a big pussy then you wont be too happy.

i own a anytime fitness and we have db's up to 150, power rack, hack, leg press, old school t-bar my friend made, plated load chest-shoulder-pulldown-dip, smith etc...just depends on the owner. if the owner is a big pussy then you wont be too happy.

I work at a anytime fitness to, and the owner at my anytime doesnt know a thing about fitness or anything about equipment..So he takes my opinion pretty seriously...But my gym has power racks, db ups to 130lbs, leg press, ect, ect...pretty close to being a complete gym...Going to push for a nice Hammer row machine or a good T bar row...Lying leg curl, and standing calf raise..Once we get those in, it will be a decent gym

chris

I too work at an Anytime. They seem to really vary according to the owner. Mine is not bad...dumbells up to 100 (I am theo nly one who uses over 80s), squat rack, heavy-duty leg press, barbell, etc. Need hammer stuff, T-bar row, etc. No real bodybuilders there, BUT the owners really want some, really brag about me being one, and are not threatened by whatever kind of lifting you want to do. If there was a demand, they would surely get some better BBing stuff, but sadly the clientele is anything but hardcore. It's nice being unstaffed most of the time..you really feel fre to do whatever you want, and it's empty most of time anyway.

SNAPS WERE I WENT TELL 24 HOUR OPENED UP. not geared for hard core training but you can get by. just hated they didnt have a bench press had to use the smith machine. not enough equipment really.

Last edited:
just got off work ate some food and about to go gym shopping haha i will post my results later going to anytime fitness and snap

i just joined a snap fitness in aurora by me. dumbells only go to 100. no t-bar, no leg press, and the machines for pulldowns and stuff only go up to 200, not able to stick a pin in to hang plates. it'll work fine for me for about 8 weeks tho, til i dc train and get strong again. the only hardcore gym by me is 30 minutes away. sucks to live in the country. even the college by me doesnt have a good weight room!

snap fitness is the shit

went to snap and they got everything they even go to 120's in db's lots of everything and the owner was a big old boy looks like he competes so this is prob why its a good gym...even got a free massage from this lady in there that offers massages til she opens her business up (from 5 to 7)

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear