over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

posing music recommendations

TRAPS21

Registered
I am going to be competing for the first time in late July. What recommendations do you guys have and what do you all look for? I have some ideas but wanted to get some experienced viewpoints. Thanks in advance.

T21

Want something original?

Try Carl Off's Carmina Burana. It's an opera, but I'm sure you'll recognize the signature intro. It's great for a slow start, then allows you to hit all the mandatory poses in a slow, deliberate manner. It speeds up at about the 2 minute point to really let you go out w/ a bang!

I'm sure nobody else in the show will have it - they'll stick with Nelly's "Hott in Herrre" or however it's spelled!

Id say something by either Burt Bacarat or Boy George should do the trick .

It would be nice to get serious answer when asking serious things :rolleyes:
Just go with what type of music you like. But please, unless you are 280+ do not come out to Pantera...lol!

TH

OR you could do what i did and come out to the village peoples MACHO MACHO MAN ,, it rules just make sure you have on hard helmet the whole contruction woker outfit , you know tool belt boots ect, then when the main verse come right before they say MACHO MACHO MAN you rip of the constrcution gear and BAMMM!!! your already in your black leather Blue Oyster outfit :cool: Not bad huh , you can thank me later the crowds gonna love it trust me .

Music zzzzzz....

I've been judging shows around the northwest for 16 years, there is nothing more boring than posing to some easy listening like enya etc. You need to put some time into a routine, don't just walk on stage and hit the mandatories. Make your music choice something relatively original but powerful and fast with a heavy beat, something people will recognize, the audience will identify the music and it will keep there attention.Time your individual poses around the beat or the base drum. Display your attributes and hide your weakness. Have someone watch your routine and allow them to critique it, they see what you can't.

Hope this helps. Always remember at the amatuer level all the placments (with the exception of overall) are finalized prior to the night show so make sure you have fun and don't worry about everything being perfect in your evening routine.

Heres some of the songs Ive looked at for my posing routine:

terminator 1 theme( beginning from the middle of the song 01:45)
Danzig-mother
saliva-your disease
van halen-aint talkin about love
sevendust-black
rob zombie-feel so numb
ll cool j-headsprung
metallica-no leaf clover

dont know how played out those are but its just some ideas...

VulgarDisplay said:
I've been judging shows around the northwest for 16 years, there is nothing more boring than posing to some easy listening like enya etc. You need to put some time into a routine, don't just walk on stage and hit the mandatories. Make your music choice something relatively original but powerful and fast with a heavy beat, something people will recognize, the audience will identify the music and it will keep there attention.Time your individual poses around the beat or the base drum. Display your attributes and hide your weakness. Have someone watch your routine and allow them to critique it, they see what you can't.

Hope this helps. Always remember at the amatuer level all the placments (with the exception of overall) are finalized prior to the night show so make sure you have fun and don't worry about everything being perfect in your evening routine.
Exellent advice, i like Methalica, some songs starts slow and then heavy and the people recognize methalica everywhere. This year i am not the big guy i used to be on staget in my coutry, i am a little rookie guy fighting with some gorilas of 260 - 280 pouds, and i will display some of my best poses with "We are the Champions" well mixed with "We will rock you" of Quen, to take my time on each pose and both songs have good changes for good movements.

VulgarDisplay said:

What works well is 80's music something everyone knows and loves, that time in music works well for posing, not hard core or too fast nice paced and has the bass for hitting the poses. Pick a song that people will know and sing along (under their breath). :)

Music

FF great advice if the audience recognizes the song you will be memorable to them as well as the judges. If they recognize you, you will be able to ask them later for some tips on how to improve (if needed)

Big Heinz, great song to pose to. Make sure you don't rush the poses, hit each one with confidence and power! You will be competing against someone from my neck of the woods, Michal Kindred.

Good luck my friend you will do great!

Last edited:
I agree with Vulgar Display. As a judge we see a lot of posers, good and bad. The worst are skinny people using a REALLY slow, opera/ orchestra style song with bad posing. Another one of my pet peeves is when people come out to a fast song and hit about 4 poses a second.

Usually an R&B/ Rap song or Heavy Metal/ Hard Rock/ some Classic rock works the best. The ONLY people that seem to pose well with slow, soft music are the pros and seasoned vets.

Going with FlexFactor, there was a kid at one of our local Natural Comps that had his hair cut like Vanilla Ice. He was in the teen class. He came out and posed to Ice Ice Baby. At first I was like "This is gay..." but I think everyone really "likes" that song deep down inside....after all, Queen wrote the hook. :D I remember him and that routine still and I remember the crowd liking it as well.

Posing Music

I found a local DJ to mix a few old and new hip hop and the crowd and other comp. loved it. Just find some decent beats for transition. Good luck and remember to have fun.

Crimson Ghost said:
I agree with Vulgar Display. As a judge we see a lot of posers, good and bad. The worst are skinny people using a REALLY slow, opera/ orchestra style song with bad posing. Another one of my pet peeves is when people come out to a fast song and hit about 4 poses a second.

Usually an R&B/ Rap song or Heavy Metal/ Hard Rock/ some Classic rock works the best. The ONLY people that seem to pose well with slow, soft music are the pros and seasoned vets.

Going with FlexFactor, there was a kid at one of our local Natural Comps that had his hair cut like Vanilla Ice. He was in the teen class. He came out and posed to Ice Ice Baby. At first I was like "This is gay..." but I think everyone really "likes" that song deep down inside....after all, Queen wrote the hook. :D I remember him and that routine still and I remember the crowd liking it as well.
I totally agree with ya . it seems everybody either does a real powerful song or a slow song .If your a pro id say go for it they can do both slow and powerful at the same time , if your not a big bastad id say look for something that has some energy and keeps the crowd into it , most crowds have seen the slow and smooth routines and wanna barf from annoyance unless of course your lee priest or darrem charles .

Oh and by the way didnt understand if you said queen wrote that song Im pretty sure it was David Bowie.

Flexfactor said:
What works well is 80's music something everyone knows and loves, that time in music works well for posing, not hard core or too fast nice paced and has the bass for hitting the poses. Pick a song that people will know and sing along (under their breath). :)

Actually Vander told me this the other night. Makes perfect sense. This era of music is what most of the judging pannel is going to enjoy, as well as most of the crowd. Its the time they grew up through. Im def taking his advice on this one. . .

Vander_V said:
I totally agree with ya . it seems everybody either does a real powerful song or a slow song .If your a pro id say go for it they can do both slow and powerful at the same time , if your not a big bastad id say look for something that has some energy and keeps the crowd into it , most crowds have seen the slow and smooth routines and wanna barf from annoyance unless of course your lee priest or darrem charles .

Oh and by the way didnt understand if you said queen wrote that song Im pretty sure it was David Bowie.

Now we're arguing about Queen and David Bowie...how GAY is that? :D

I know David Bowie may have sang in the song but I'm sure Queen wrote it. Just an educated guess though! I am a mild Bowie fan but not really into Queen at all.

This is the kind of thread I always end up discovering new music from.... it's the best thing about the "long tail" and music.... before u had to read in a magazine or hunt around in a record store to find something cool -- which made the choices always subject to the "gatekeeping" of editors and music store buyers and etc... -- which would lead inevitably to mediocrity and the prevalence of "poser music" -- i.e. stuff that you want to like because you think it's cool, not because you really like it. Music journalism especially creates high-profiles for really lame stuff, because journalists are always looking behind their backs, trying to profile something that they think in 2 years people will think they were cool for liking "way back when".... I GREATLY prefer the democratic nature of threads like these, where people simply list their tastes and you can just look something up on itunes or youtube and check it out for yourself....

These days I'm really into techno and techno/rock and stuff like that -- try searching for these songs:

Thomas Falke "Revolution On The Dance Floor"
Groove Cutter "My Shooter"
Control One "Just A Little Bit"
Ian Carey "Redlight"
Kevin Weg "Dead Radio"

I don't usually go for techno but these are sort of like a weird crossover between rock and techno/trance.

Here are also some downloads with some other cool stuff too -- **broken link removed**

Want something original?

Try Carl Off's Carmina Burana. It's an opera, but I'm sure you'll recognize the signature intro. It's great for a slow start, then allows you to hit all the mandatory poses in a slow, deliberate manner. It speeds up at about the 2 minute point to really let you go out w/ a bang!

I'm sure nobody else in the show will have it - they'll stick with Nelly's "Hott in Herrre" or however it's spelled!

hahaha, I'd hate to sink your ship bud, but that isnt that original, its been used in thousands of posing routines, including mine.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131