advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Post workout recovery drink after cardio/weights or during?

5millionbucks

Registered
So I have been drinking dextrose, creatine, bcaa/eaas during my workout but I do about 30 mins of cardio with my heart rate at around 160-170ish almost HIT, just to work on my cardio output, only time I can do it is after my workout. The thing is I feel like my intra workout drink isn't doing too much for my recovery, should I just have my drink post workout/cardio session?

I have had success in recovery and growth with intra workout dextrose, creatine/bcaa/eaas in the past during my workouts, but recently I started to continue cardio after my workouts and it looks like I am not getting the same benefits as I had in the past.

I personally keep it simple. Protein carb meal pre workout, then right after the gym. Whole food.

I personally keep it simple. Protein carb meal pre workout, then right after the gym. Whole food.
I dont eat before working out since I workout in the am, that is why I have an intra workout drink but I do cardio after the weights, was wondering if I should just move the intraworkout drink to post workout.

This doesn't address his question at all.

The added cardio is hampering your recovery. Options include less cardio, more rest days, and adjusting nutrition.

You could move your intra shake to postworkout but if it's been working well for your gains I'd favor keeping it in while you're lifting, doing cardio after the shake is finished, and possibly adding another shake after cardio. If recovery is really taking a hit the extra calories would probably help.

Increase the nutrition in your intra shake , to say 20g EAA , 10g creatine , 10g glutamine , 10g citrulline malate and 50-75g Gatorade

If that doesn't work then add a small fast pos shake with like 25g whey isolate and 25g simple carbs

But more than likely , as danieltx said either add a day off to recover or cut back on cardio

Since you are training nearly fasted definitely keep the Intra Drink. Why not also add a protein shake post workout?

What does “isn’t doing much for my recovery” mean?

Why do you think that? Soreness? HRV? Fatigue? You’re not giving any explanation.

I lift early in the AM and do cardio and have my intra during workout and sometimes after cardio. Having during lifting or during cardio makes no difference.

Chocolate milk.

Affordable. Tastes good. Easily attainable. Convenient. Proven effective. Dependable.

What does “isn’t doing much for my recovery” mean?

Why do you think that? Soreness? HRV? Fatigue? You’re not giving any explanation.

I lift early in the AM and do cardio and have my intra during workout and sometimes after cardio. Having during lifting or during cardio makes no difference.
effecting my recovery meaning my performance isn't going up like it would. Usually drinking dextrose, creatine, and bcaas/ecaas together my performance in the gym goes up tremendously. The cardio seems like it is affecting it, so thats why I ask should i just take my drink post workout rather then intraworkout.

This doesn't address his question at all.

The added cardio is hampering your recovery. Options include less cardio, more rest days, and adjusting nutrition.

You could move your intra shake to postworkout but if it's been working well for your gains I'd favor keeping it in while you're lifting, doing cardio after the shake is finished, and possibly adding another shake after cardio. If recovery is really taking a hit the extra calories would probably help.
It seems like the HIT cardio is burning through my glycogen like crazy on top of lifting weights, so I may just move it post workout on top of the extra calories. Days I do not do any cardio I am just going to drink my shake intra workout

effecting my recovery meaning my performance isn't going up like it would. Usually drinking dextrose, creatine, and bcaas/ecaas together my performance in the gym goes up tremendously. The cardio seems like it is affecting it, so thats why I ask should i just take my drink post workout rather then intraworkout.
Your gym performance is made up of more than intra. Sleep, daily and weekly nutrition needs, rest periods, etc. literally tons of variables. Trying to pin it on just intra doesn’t make much sense.

I think you're overreaching your cardio 30 min of 170bpm Is exhausting and if doing more than once per week not beneficial for good cardio output most cardio should be done in zone 2.

Your performance isn't going up.. in regard to lifting performance or cardio?

re-read what you’re contemplating…….

Problem….your intra nutrition seems inadequate for the amount of work you’re doing in the morning….

So your plan is to just drop the intra all together?

How about NOT doing HIT cardio immediately after a lifting session?

LISS cardio is much less intrusive on strength/recovery, and is a great training tool.

Some of The best (and most) endurance athletes spend 70-80% of the time in zone 2.

Quit doing so much hit, or do it on off days

Problem….your intra nutrition seems inadequate for the amount of work you’re doing in the morning….

LISS cardio is much less intrusive on strength/recovery, and is a great training tool.

Some of The best (and most) endurance athletes spend 70-80% of the time in zone 2.

Most the top endurance guys I know do 90% zone 2 work.

I was trying to work on my jump ropes thats why, maybe I should just keep it at 15 mins rather than 30-35 mins

So I have been drinking dextrose, creatine, bcaa/eaas during my workout but I do about 30 mins of cardio with my heart rate at around 160-170ish almost HIT, just to work on my cardio output, only time I can do it is after my workout. The thing is I feel like my intra workout drink isn't doing too much for my recovery, should I just have my drink post workout/cardio session?

I have had success in recovery and growth with intra workout dextrose, creatine/bcaa/eaas in the past during my workouts, but recently I started to continue cardio after my workouts and it looks like I am not getting the same benefits as I had in the past.

"Intra" shakes usually hit the blood stream and get to cells and effect insulin etc sometime towards the end of the workout or during the post workout time period

Even dextrose and EAAs take time to actually absorb into the body and get into the blood stream. Watch, drink a shake of them, and then force yourself to vomit 30-45 mins later. Chances are you find a great deal of the stuff was still in your digestive tract.

That's why I would suggest taking that shake you sip during your workout and drinking it at home before you leave to head to the gym.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131