over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

POWERLIFTING

SOCOM

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
PLing is something that interests me far more than BBing, anyone care to poing me in the right direction?

I have very poor BBing genetics...

I can see myself looking like a bloated frog in the near future

You must find a powerlifter with exp to help you. Especially with the technique for equipment. Also as a novice powerlifter I suggest starting with one of the beginner Sheiko routines. As you get more advanced and into the equipment things like Westside may be more effective for you. You need the time under the bar that Sheiko provides.

ive done both and found that i have a bodybuilders body

small joints small waist

but did do well in powerlifting as a teen and in my 20's
two totally different training styles

and the number one thing i guess is
you have to be strong!!....lol

:)

Buy the 531 book and run it for a year.

I have been powerlifting on and off for about 15yrs. Today, powerlifting is mostly about technique. I have trained with some great powerlifters and strongmen,(Brian Siders, Phil Phister, Allen Baria) Best thing is to learn your equipment, if you are going to use it, then train in it. Check out my training partner on youtube Allen Baria, he does 405 for 25reps on the bench, and then does 500 for 10. the guy is super strong. He is not that strong when it comes to equipment because he hasn't got the technique down yet. He is just now starting to train like a powerlifter and not a bodybuilder. he used to do heavy weight for reps of 10, now he does heavy weight for reps of 3-5, has made a big difference in his lifts. anyways, hope this helps.

Awesome

Thanks for the help!

Im going to be google searching all the info you guys have provided. PLing just looks fun as hell to me.

I have been powerlifting on and off for about 15yrs. Today, powerlifting is mostly about technique. I have trained with some great powerlifters and strongmen,(Brian Siders, Phil Phister, Allen Baria) Best thing is to learn your equipment, if you are going to use it, then train in it. Check out my training partner on youtube Allen Baria, he does 405 for 25reps on the bench, and then does 500 for 10. the guy is super strong. He is not that strong when it comes to equipment because he hasn't got the technique down yet. He is just now starting to train like a powerlifter and not a bodybuilder. he used to do heavy weight for reps of 10, now he does heavy weight for reps of 3-5, has made a big difference in his lifts. anyways, hope this helps.

DAMN! :eek:

Will do.

Impressive lifts on that blog you have going on bro..:cool:

Thanks man..I hope they look a lot better in the future...PLing is a lot more fun to train for than BBing imo..feels great to move heavy weight!
If you need any help or anything hit me up

Thanks man..I hope they look a lot better in the future...PLing is a lot more fun to train for than BBing imo..feels great to move heavy weight!
If you need any help or anything hit me up

Appreciate the help, thanks man..

One things you have to like about powerlifting is no diet unless you are trying to make weight for the lower classes. Trust I would love to be a bodybuilder but one thing, I like to eat, and I don't have the structure or genetics for bodybuilding. PL is fun, everyone usually helps everyone at the meets, there are no enemies.

Hey man, I'm going to post my 531 results here in a bit..i guess in the main form, it's really a great program, and I hope the results will speak for themselves.

Powerlifting has changed alot over the past 10 years. When I got involved it was the idea of being in control of your own destiny that appealed to me. Before the equipment became so advanced, usually the strongest guy wins. Although I have always enjoyed bodybuilding and train more like a bodybuilder myself, the idea of busting your ass for months only to leave it in a judges hand always bothered me. Now, with the advancements in bench shirts and squat suits, it's not about who is the strongest. Inorder to compete it is necessary to learn the techniques to maximize the equipment. Raw lifting power are still important, but it's not usually the strongest guy that wins. It almost seems like the leaner, bodybuilder types get less out of the equipment and that having a higher bf% and bigger belly help to maximize the bench shirts. Leverages become more important and shortening the range of motion can make the difference of getting hundreds of pounds more than someone who doesn't.

PLing is something that interests me far more than BBing, anyone care to poing me in the right direction?

I got into it because a guy in my gym did it, and I loved all the cool training techniques he did. Bands, chains, resistance, boards. All looked so fun! So I asked if he would train me and I could compete with him and he was thrilled to take me under his wing. Talk to someone locally that likes to PL!

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear