• All new members please introduce your self here and welcome to the board:
    http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259
Buy Needles And Syringes With No Prescription
M4B Store Banner
ddd
Riptropin Store banner
Generation X Bodybuilding Forum
Buy Needles And Syringes With No Prescription
Buy Needles And Syringes With No Prescription
Mysupps Store Banner
IP Gear Store Banner
Anabolic Hormones Store Banner
Ganabol Store Banner
Spend $100 and get bonus needles free at sterile syringes
Professional Muscle Store open now
LandmarkChem Email Banner
Medtech Store Banner
Bruce Labs Store banner
qtropin
Professional Muscle Store open now
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
Buy Needles And Syringes With No Prescription
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
Buy Needles And Syringes With No Prescription
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pre-Contest Diet Critique

xcelbeyond

The "Elder" Mod
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Joined
Jun 5, 2002
Messages
7,227
Since we've got a boatlaod of top-level competitors here :) - I thought I'd post this to get some feedback. I'm 15 weeks out now.

I really don't know what happened in the last 4 weeks - last week of burst then 3-week cruise. My cycle was 1g TNE + 30mg dbol ED (& letrozole of course). When I just got my BF checked, I was down about 6 lbs overall - lost 8 lbs muscle and gained 2 lbs fat!!!!!!! - WTF All I can figure is that I gained water and that accounts for the muscle gain. I SHOULD HAVE LOST FAT THOUGH, NOT GAINED IT! I was following wylde's suggestions but it consisted of WAY MORE carbs than I felt comfortable with.

Unfortunately. at my age, I just don't metabolize carbs as when I was younger. I didn't question wylde's diet as it's very similar to what I dieted on when I competed before - but that was 15 years ago!

Let me know what you think about "this" diet.

xcel
 

Attachments

xcelbeyond

The "Elder" Mod
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Joined
Jun 5, 2002
Messages
7,227
Notice that "most carbs are taken right after workout. My 7:00 Meal ends up being "no more than" 1 hour after I workout and as soon as 1/2 hour.

The nutritional info was right off the can of salmon, which is CHEAP - $0.99 a can!

Most of my "other" carbs are incidental or are from vegetables, which would be mainly fiber.

xcel
 

Mr_Magoo

New member
Kilo Klub Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2002
Messages
1,828
id move ur taining to later in the day so u follow more of a swole/animalbolics cutting routine, do cardio in the morning over lifting. again, cla, and fish oil caps will make a huge difference, post workout id use r-ala.

and although that salmon can is cheap as ive seen it in places does it have bones as that is the problem i keep runing into
 

xcelbeyond

The "Elder" Mod
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Joined
Jun 5, 2002
Messages
7,227
Mr_Magoo said:
id move ur taining to later in the day so u follow more of a swole/animalbolics cutting routine, do cardio in the morning over lifting. again, cla, and fish oil caps will make a huge difference, post workout id use r-ala.

and although that salmon can is cheap as ive seen it in places does it have bones as that is the problem i keep runing into
There's too many "variables" and morning works best for me.

I've got CLA that should be in the mail. I'll take 4g doses - at what meals do you suggest I it other than 7:00 AM meal?

Since it's all cooked (pressure), bones are "soft" and edible, but I remove them. What's problematic with them?!?

xcel
 

Crowler

Active member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Joined
Oct 24, 2002
Messages
1,768
Just an observation.

12.5 hours a day you don't eat any food.

Last meal at 5:30PM next meal 6AM

Any possibility this is causing your metabolism to slow down?
 

MAINEVENT

MODERATOR / FOUNDING Member / Featured Member
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Joined
Jun 8, 2002
Messages
4,911
my experiences

My experience has taught me not to try and overanalyze. Do exactly as wylde has suggested and trust that your nutritionist will guide you in the right direction. I cut back way to early on my carbs and I ended up losing muscle and becoming too flat. Hindsight is a bitch. Take in more carbs and like Crowler stated, it could also be the 12 hours without food.
 

Mr_Magoo

New member
Kilo Klub Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2002
Messages
1,828
xcelbeyond said:

There's too many "variables" and morning works best for me.

I've got CLA that should be in the mail. I'll take 4g doses - at what meals do you suggest I it other than 7:00 AM meal?

Since it's all cooked (pressure), bones are "soft" and edible, but I remove them. What's problematic with them?!?

xcel
nothing wrong with the salmon like that i was just curious if u found a cheap source of canned salmon that had bones removed, thats it.

i actually would recomend a 2-4 gram dose with ur postworkout meal with 2-3 g fish oil over the flax ur using, then 4 g with meal 2, 3,5,7, also throw some more healthy fish oils into ur diet
 

Fathead

Banned
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
357
Hey X

Hit me with a PM with your email in it so I can take a look at what kinda of AAS and supps + have you ever heard of the ZERO yes I said ZERO carbs method without loosing an ounce of muscle. If you have not confer with Kiwi and BIG A to confirm what I will let you in about. The only thing is though you have to be using specific AAS to go this route.
:eek:
 

Mr_Magoo

New member
Kilo Klub Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2002
Messages
1,828
why dont u let us all know, r u trying to say that people cant get really ripped without carbs and hence lose muscle or r u saying there is an actual way to get ripped with no carbs and not lose muscle, if so, could it be the use of insulin with super high protein intakes like rea and starr advocate?
 

Crowler

Active member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Joined
Oct 24, 2002
Messages
1,768
Mr_Magoo said:
why dont u let us all know, r u trying to say that people cant get really ripped without carbs and hence lose muscle or r u saying there is an actual way to get ripped with no carbs and not lose muscle, if so, could it be the use of insulin with super high protein intakes like rea and starr advocate?
Yea yea what ^^^^^^^^ he said.
 

MAINEVENT

MODERATOR / FOUNDING Member / Featured Member
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Joined
Jun 8, 2002
Messages
4,911
Holding out as always hun? Spill the "Top Secret".
 

Fathead

Banned
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
357
not holding out

It's just that I am hesitant to give out specifications on methods that some people may get ill from. I'll give you a hint though it includes T3/GH/Insulin combo and BTW Crowler I still do not advocate the use of insulin as the body makes plenty if you know how to manipulate it thats what I mean when I say insulin.

Why am I saying that to Crowler just staying " consistent" and busting his balls a little:D
 

Crowler

Active member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Joined
Oct 24, 2002
Messages
1,768
Re: not holding out

Fathead said:
It's just that I am hesitant to give out specifications on methods that some people may get ill from. I'll give you a hint though it includes T3/GH/Insulin combo and BTW Crowler I still do not advocate the use of insulin as the body makes plenty if you know how to manipulate it thats what I mean when I say insulin.

Why am I saying that to Crowler just staying " consistent" and busting his balls a little:D
HA HA HA took me a while to understand.

I'll do a cross search and make sure you NEVER said anything even remotely different to your statements today. :) j/k
 

bigheinz

IFBB PRO/Kilo Klub Member
IFBB PROS
Joined
Dec 7, 2002
Messages
2,019
I am not familiar with high fat diets but i am sure that if you get all this fat and carbs, you will get more bf, that is what happend to you.
Di Pascuales diet have less carbs and it supose to work, but i will never try it.
I now a lot of guys that only take 50 gr of carbs a day, i beleave in this diets becouse this guys always look ripped to the bone, but i never going to try this diets again, i like to have a big, healthy and density shape, and i love slim and gh, and if you are running a low carb diet you can use slim and you will have a lot of hipoglicemic problems using gh, even if you use t3 you will loose more muscle with a low carb diet.
I like low carbs diet 15 days before the show: 10 days to carb depletion without training and then eat a lot of carbs for 5 days with diuretics, that is a good way to look real density and huge, and beleveme it feels very good, some times i dont have to warm up to compete....
I think you have to reprogramate your diet.
and remember........
.....There is no space for the littles!!!!!!!
Bigheinz
 
Last edited:

xcelbeyond

The "Elder" Mod
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Joined
Jun 5, 2002
Messages
7,227
Mr_Magoo said:
i actually would recomend a 2-4 gram dose with ur postworkout meal with 2-3 g fish oil over the flax ur using, then 4 g with meal 2, 3,5,7, also throw some more healthy fish oils into ur diet
Thnx for responses.

Magoo - what type/brand of fish oil do you suggest?

Fathead - you got "e-mail"

xcel
 

BIGKIWI

IFBB PRO / FOUNDING Member
IFBB PROS
Joined
Jul 13, 2002
Messages
1,457
I would add at least 1 more solid protein meal in there. I do feel you need to have some carbs in there and the 150grams ( off top head ) is fine at this stage of your diet. I personally have never been one to add fats into my diet that is not contained in the food eaten but doesn't mean doesn't work. Then again if you were not taking these extra fats before you started your diet then this could account for the extra fat.
 

xcelbeyond

The "Elder" Mod
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Joined
Jun 5, 2002
Messages
7,227
BIGKIWI said:
Then again if you were not taking these extra fats before you started your diet then this could account for the extra fat.
The only "extra" fat I was taking was milled flax, which was not "new fat" added to diet setup by wylde (when I gained fat). The diet I posted is my "new" diet.

My "normal" daily routine consists of going to bed at 8:00 PM and getting up at 4:00 AM (gotta take care of injections before I work out). So if I add another meal, should it be just meat or another whey protein isolate drink - about 40g protein. It would seem if I add this meal then I could drop the "olive oil" from diet as overall calorie-count is starting to get up there?

xcel
 
Last edited:

BIGKIWI

IFBB PRO / FOUNDING Member
IFBB PROS
Joined
Jul 13, 2002
Messages
1,457
arghh ok, I would still say add the extra meal in there drop the olive oil but I would still make it a solid protein meal no carbs.
 

Mr_Magoo

New member
Kilo Klub Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2002
Messages
1,828
xcelbeyond said:

Thnx for responses.

Magoo - what type/brand of fish oil do you suggest?

Fathead - you got "e-mail"

xcel
i get mine from kilosports.com
 

xcelbeyond

The "Elder" Mod
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Joined
Jun 5, 2002
Messages
7,227
I just got a sh*tload of CLA - will keep everyone posted.

Fathead?!?!?

xcel
 

Staff online

  • MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
501,889,029
Threads
123,355
Messages
2,347,998
Members
155,061
Latest member
JAZZ
Top