over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Prep for first novice open

VNV

Registered
5'11", currently about 205 lbs at 10 - 12%. I've got 20 weeks before my first competition.

Week 1 - 16
- 600 mg masteron-e
- 900 eq
- 250 test. sust.

Week 17, 18, 19, 20: TBD

My question is, where do you think this will put me in weight class? At 5'11", I hate to say this, but... I fear I might be too small to compete in body building and do physique instead? Am I just going to embarrass myself if I step up against guys my same weight but 5" shorter?

5'11", currently about 205 lbs at 10 - 12%. I've got 20 weeks before my first competition.

Week 1 - 16
- 600 mg masteron-e
- 900 eq
- 250 test. sust.

Week 17, 18, 19, 20: TBD

My question is, where do you think this will put me in weight class? At 5'11", I hate to say this, but... I fear I might be too small to compete in body building and do physique instead? Am I just going to embarrass myself if I step up against guys my same weight but 5" shorter?

First time competed I was 165 lbs at 5'10" and don't regret it one bit. If its something you want to do, then do it.

Are you hiring someone to do your nutrition? That will play a huge factor in how heavy you come in. Remember you are going to look a lot bigger when you are 3-5% body fat too.

If you come in and you have tried your hardest and you're in great shape, thats a huge accomplishment in itself and who cares how you place. Thats my take anyway

I can think of much better cycles for a prep. Just my .02

drop the EQ. use more mast or tren instead.

And regarding the choice to do the show or not. go for it.

I weighed 190lbs at 6ft1 and looked like absolute shit for my first show.

but now I have the experience of getting on stage, and I will be competing in 2013 in 3 different shows :)

Dude it's really hard to say where you will end up. Probably a middle weight but that's just a guess. Why do you say 10-12% how have you measured?
Depending on your shape and look and what not you could do well in a lighter category. The best thing about competing is that if you truly get contest lean you should should grow like crazy after the show.

I would look into hiring someone like John Meadows or Shelby Starnes.

The drugs have WAY less effect on how you look than what your nutrition and training will dictate.

Do yourself a huge favor and hire a coach

I can think of much better cycles for a prep. Just my .02

The EQ is good, but I would ditch the sust in favor of prop or tne. Mast e should be be prop or diprop and wheres the tren? You won't need much, but with low test(which you are right on the money with) you will need a strong anabolic.

I really like this thread, I'm 5'10, weighed 203# this morning, and am at 10.3% bf(caluclated). If I get down to 5% bf, that puts me at 192lbs, to stay in the light heavyweight class, I will only be able to put on 6 lbs of muscle to get to the 198.5 lb cut-off. And Heavyweight tops out at 228 I think. I am planning on doing a show or two next year as well, and would like to know if I should just go for broke and put on as much mass as possible and compete at heavy or try and stay in light heavy. Problem is, I have big bones. Right now my waist measures 33", biceps 16.5", forearms 14", calves 16" quads 24". I think I would do well in the novice heavyweight, but if I were to go open class, some of those boys in the heavyweight are big, and I'd need as much muscle as possible.

Thanks for the feedback, guys! The pep talks about doing a comp. anyway are great to hear too! Couple things...

The body fat measurement is from a dunk tank that comes to my gym. It was actually 10.3% but that was two weeks ago almost.

I've been on tren-e + test for the last four months. Currently cruising at 250 test/week until New Year. So need a break from the tren.

Also, I get extreme bloating from test and want to keep it low so I don't have to take a shit-ton of anti-e. I know some guys will say bloating is all diet but not in my case. Deca and NPP are out of the question for me for the same reason.

The last 4 cweeks I'm dropping everything and switching to short-acting esters of tren, winny, test, anavar. Or maybe do this switch at 6 weeks out?

Buddy mine thinks I should aim for 175 lbs (Middleweight). Says I'll look tiny in LH if I'm like 180 against 198 lbers.

Last edited:
get a coach. its def worth it. also, dont worry about your placing. Worry about being the absolute best you can and have fun with it. i didnt do that this year and it was miserable. btw im 5'10 and came in at 182 my first show. just try to improve from show to show, thats all you can do.

I competed for 17 years. I never worried about my competition or about my placing before hand. Give your all and let the points fall as they will. It will fall your way someday.

At your level, coming close to 2g is NOT necessary, I'd say keep it under 1g total... Remember it's conditioning that wins local and state shows, a couple pounds of muscle isn't going to beat someone who is more shredded. Hire a coach if at all possible.

You only need enough gear to spare muscle. It's your diet, training and cardio that are most important. Don't go heavy dose.

This got me in incredible shape for a show:
100mg winstrol daily
50mg turninabol daily
600mg deca weekly

Last edited:
50mg prop eod
100mg mast eod
100mg tren a eod

Great combo and will keep ya around 1g a week. But like a lot of the good guys around here say, hire a coach!

More then likely you will be a middle weight. Go see a local bb show if you haven't to get an idea what you would be up against. One option is to do the physique division so you could get some experience being on stage. After that take avantage of the post-contest rebound and grow as much as you can without getting sloppy. Then you can compete as a bigger bb once you diet down for a second time.

I really like this thread, I'm 5'10, weighed 203# this morning, and am at 10.3% bf(caluclated). If I get down to 5% bf, that puts me at 192lbs, to stay in the light heavyweight class, I will only be able to put on 6 lbs of muscle to get to the 198.5 lb cut-off. And Heavyweight tops out at 228 I think. I am planning on doing a show or two next year as well, and would like to know if I should just go for broke and put on as much mass as possible and compete at heavy or try and stay in light heavy. Problem is, I have big bones. Right now my waist measures 33", biceps 16.5", forearms 14", calves 16" quads 24". I think I would do well in the novice heavyweight, but if I were to go open class, some of those boys in the heavyweight are big, and I'd need as much muscle as possible.

Being 203lbs. at 10% bf, you are not going to be a light-heavy unless you are drug free at the moment and hold of use utill pre-contest. If you really diet and want to be competitive you could possibly drop 30-35 lbs. You are not even taking into consideration the amount of water(10-15lbs.) you might drop plus you typically lose some muscle in the process especially if you are trying to acheive that really lean, hard ,sharp look.

At your level, coming close to 2g is NOT necessary, I'd say keep it under 1g total... Remember it's conditioning that wins local and state shows, a couple pounds of muscle isn't going to beat someone who is more shredded. Hire a coach if at all possible.

Ha- i wish you were a judge at my last show then lol. They def didnt do it on conditioning. In fact, to this day im not sure what criteria they judged on. oh well, just another learning experience and stage time under my belt.

I agree donzi. I didn't won out on conditioning. Lol

And going to a show is good advice. But, Ur no better off...it will pump u up and motivate.

I was 5th. Had I entered the show 3 wk before I would if got first or 2.nd. and same with the show 2 wks later. YOU NEVER KNOW WHO SHOWS UP.
Bring your best, don't have regrets. And enjoy the day...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131