over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Proviron v.s. Oral Masterone

Fullybuilt

Banned
Whats the diff? Does one do something better than the other? Is one stronger mg/mg? Thanks

Remind me, what is the steroid in this so called oral masteron?

Not sure. I think its drostalone.

Fullybuilt said:
Not sure. I think its drostalone.

Yes it's Drostanolone Propionate. Proviron is Mesterolone and quite weaker from what I remember. Both are non aromitizing and actually will help with certain estrogenic effects as does Winny, but without the joint pain. Masteron is a little on the expensive side.

Kaiser said:
Yes it's Drostanolone Propionate. Proviron is Mesterolone and quite weaker from what I remember. Both are non aromitizing and actually will help with certain estrogenic effects as does Winny, but without the joint pain. Masteron is a little on the expensive side.
Nope, checked the list and it says "Oral masteron (aka MDHT,STS-646,Mestanolon )".

Never tried this myself but I know this is supposed to have strong psychotropic, neurostimulating properties. That's what the east germans used it for. It was sold as a supplement for a while also by Pat Arnold under his Giant label.

KillerStack said:
Nope, checked the list and it says "Oral masteron (aka MDHT,STS-646,Mestanolon )".

Never tried this myself but I know this is supposed to have strong psychotropic, neurostimulating properties. That's what the east germans used it for. It was sold as a supplement for a while also by Pat Arnold under his Giant label.

Give me some time, I'll try and look it up.

KillerStack said:

http://www.steroid.com/Masteron.php
http://www.steroid.com/Proviron.php

From what I see they are both as I listed above. I almost thought I had them mixed up. Not sure why it is listing Masteron as Mestanolon. Never heard that before.

well 'Masteron' is as Kaiser said...drostanolone propionate.
Masteron was Just the brand name for it same as Deca-durabolin is to nandrolone decanoate.

Whatever this Oral Masteron'e' is, Ive not heard of it myself.
some kind of Prohormone?

rAJJIN said:
well 'Masteron' is as Kaiser said...drostanolone propionate.
Masteron was Just the brand name for it same as Deca-durabolin is to nandrolone decanoate.

Whatever this Oral Masteron'e' is, Ive not heard of it myself.
some kind of Prohormone?

Hehe, You, Static, and I originally had this discussion about 3 months back...

Ip is the only source i've seen carrying oral masterone. I got like 200 of them so im gonna try them out. So far, people are noticing amazing vascularity, increased pumps, makes you very aggressive and angry and its a hardening agent. Seems kinda like a weak halo with no liver side effects.

"Oral Masteron" is simply a name IP came up with since the effects are similar to drostanolone and this is an oral. Totally different compound though.

KillerStack said:
"Oral Masteron" is simply a name IP came up with since the effects are similar to drostanolone and this is an oral. Totally different compound though.

So what you are saying is that it really isn't true masteron? He's doing another "similar but not quite" product?

Kaiser said:
So what you are saying is that it really isn't true masteron? He's doing another "similar but not quite" product?
Yeah I think he is using the 'oral masteron' name because the effects are similar to what you'd get with injectable drostanolone.
I'm not saying he is doing anything underhanded. The steroid is listed right there on the list = mestanolone, so you know what you are getting.

Oral masteron is strait up 17methylated DHT. SO great strength agression and hardness without much mass. Great for a pre workout androgen boost.

So whats the diff between this and proviron? Does oral masterone raise free test like provion does? Make you horny as hell?

Fullybuilt said:
So whats the diff between this and proviron? Does oral masterone raise free test like provion does? Make you horny as hell?

After hearing what KillerStack says IP's oral masteron is, I could not even begin to tell ya. If what he says is true, it's not masteron. (I hate this kind of analogy also)

bigains said:
Oral masteron is strait up 17methylated DHT. SO great strength agression and hardness without much mass. Great for a pre workout androgen boost.
Yup.

Like I said this compound was sold as a "Pro-Hormone" a while ago.

Here's a write-up by David Tolson:
Methyldihydrotestosterone (methyl-DHT; 17alpha-methyl-17beta-hydroxy-5alpha-androstane-3-on, mestanolone) is a steroid that has characteristics similar to those of DHT (dihydrotestosterone), but unlike DHT is orally bioavailable [1]. Methyl-DHT was the second most commonly used steroid by German athletes in decades past, who were among the best in the world largely because of widespread steroid use [2]. There is comparatively little information, either scientific or anecdotal, on methyl-DHT, although there is a wealth of information on DHT. This article will discuss the information on methyl-DHT and what can be expected from this compound.

One common way of characterizing steroids is by their relative anabolic (muscle-building) and androgenic effects. Androgenic effects refer primarily to secondary sex characteristics: increased body hair, deeper voice, balding, and so on. Androgenic compounds characteristically also have strong psychological effects, such as increased aggressiveness and concentration. Among bodybuilders, highly androgenic compounds are commonly used pre-contest or during cutting cycles for increasing muscle hardness and decreasing water retention and also to provide stimulation and increase concentration and performance in the gym. They also typically have anti-estrogenic effects.

The anabolic and androgenic effects of methyl-DHT were compared to testosterone and methyltestosterone in some early animal studies [1]. In tests of its androgenic potency (total of five tests), methyl-DHT ranged from 20-255% as androgenic as testosterone or testosterone propionate, with a per study average of 70%. In terms of anabolic effects relative to testosterone, the range was 25-105% with an average at 55%. One study also compared the effects of methyl-DHT to methyltestosterone, and it measured as ~60% as androgenic and 25% as anabolic. The large differences in these values are due to multiple differences in experimental design, not to mention the problems with extrapolating animal research to humans, but this research does give a general idea of what the potency and effects of this compound might be.

Although some scattered small-scale research does appear to exist, there is very little published information on the use of methyl-DHT in humans. Observations in Germany by scientists indicated that it is effective at increasing athletic performance [2]. There is also a patent that describes some of the effects of methyl-DHT administration on humans [3]. According to the patent, methyl-DHT is anabolic in humans, but not with the same potency of other commonly used steroids. However, this was with only 10-20 mg daily. They also reported a strong anticatabolic effect (in other words, it inhibited lean tissue breakdown) in a study of 54 "physically highly stressed test persons."

Most notable in the patent, however, were comments regarding the psychological effects of methyl-DHT. To quote from the patent:
"This research completely unexpectedly and surprisingly discovered a hitherto unknown further action of mestanolone [methyl-DHT], namely the supply thereof led to an optimization of the central nervous system activation during preparation for the task and to a maintaining of this optimum activation even under high stresses. Thus, there was an increase [in] psychophysiological capacity.

"...The test persons performed difficult exercises requiring high physical capacities linked with high intellectual concentration and muscular coordination with far fewer errors. Complicated movement sequences with a high degree of stressing did not lead to a reduction in the degree of activation and instead the increased capacity remained after several repeats."
A final effect indicated in this application was that after 20 mg for six weeks, natural testosterone production was not affected. It should not be counted on for this effect to be reliable, as it could have been a function of dose or the way that testosterone regulation was measured. All steroids should be cycled on and off, with the employment of proper post-cycle therapy.

There is also another study, published in the early 1960's, in which women with tuberculosis were given 100 mg daily of methyl-DHT sublingually. Compared to control, the women given methyl-DHT had increased body weight and nitrogen retention [4].

Although user feedback is generally unreliable, it is the next best thing given the low amount of published information on the effects of methyl-DHT in humans. In general, reports from users are in line with what should be expected given the characteristics of this steroid: the perception of muscle hardening, decreased appearance of body fat, strength increases, muscle preservation while dieting (but no pronounced muscle building effect), increased sex drive, and increased confidence and concentration in the gym. In terms of side effects, some report an increased rate of hair loss, while others do not note this effect.

We now have information on the historical use of this compound in Germany, animal studies, a human study (albeit from a patent application, which is far from ideal), and user feedback. Putting this all together, we find that the information is generally consistent, and the following conclusions can be drawn:
Methyl-DHT has a strong psychological component, increasing aggression, concentration, strength, stamina, and athletic performance. It is ideal for use pre-workout.

Methyl-DHT will build muscle, but not nearly to the same degree as potent muscle builders such as methyl-1-test or many other commonly used steroids. However, it will help preserve muscle during periods of high stress or dieting.

Side effects will be primarily androgenic in nature, and estrogenic side effects (gyno, water retention) are very unlikely. Concurrent use of other substances to prevent hair loss, acne, or prostate enlargement (note that whether or not DHT causes this is a point of debate) is something to consider. Also, women should not use methyl-DHT.
It may be that methyl-DHT is best used as a supplement to a more potent substance while on a cycle. By using this strategy, one could have the muscle building effects of one compound and the psychological benefit of methyl-DHT at the same time.

In terms of dosage, 20-50 mg is recommended. Generally, people will take a dosage on the higher end of this range as a standalone, or a lower dose when stacking. Since this compound is methylated, liver toxicity is a potential concern. Not taking more than 50 mg, limiting cycle length to a month or less, avoiding alcohol, other methyls, and other drugs that may compromise the liver, and taking a supplement to protect the liver are all recommended. And, as with any steroid or prohormone, a cycle should be followed up with post-cyle therapy.

References

1. Vida, Julius A. Androgens and Anabolic Agents: Chemistry and Pharmacology. Academic Press 1969.

2. Franke WW, Berendonk B. Hormonal doping and androgenization of athletes: a secret program of the German Democratic Republic government. Clin Chem 1997 Jul;43(7):1262-79.

3. Mattern et al. Medicament for influencing the degree of activation of the central nervous system. US Patent #5591732, Jan 7 1997.

4. Harris LH. Protein anabolic action of mestanolone. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1961;21:1099.

So it seems one difference compared to Proviron is that this may have some mild anabolic and anticatabolic effects whereas Proviron has none, pretty much.

So liver concern is an issue on this? I know proviron is the most mild oral you can take for your liver, is this much worse?

Fullybuilt said:
So liver concern is an issue on this? I know proviron is the most mild oral you can take for your liver, is this much worse?

According to Patrick Arnold it's not very toxic. He said he'd done very high dosages without problems. However this is 17-aa while Proviron is 1-methylated like Primo. It doesn't slow metabolism as much as 17-aa so it's not nearly as harsh.

So how liver toxic do you think it is? Less than var but more than provion?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131