over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

quadricep tendon rupture

ubermensch

Registered
anyone have any experience with this type of tear? happened couple weeks ago, tripped at work and when i went to catch myself i felt a tear then leg fell out under me. doctor thought it was acl becuase tendon was still 'hanging by a string' but mri showed the tear. going in friday to have it repaired and just curious if anyone had any suggestions to help speed up recovery.

A couple years back I was in a real bad accident where I tore apart every tendon and ligament in my knee. They said I would never walk again without a cane. Today I'm back. Running hurts and I can't jump as high anymore but the key is to be mentally strong and focus on the rehab. Getting my squat pattern back was the foundation for everything. I started off small (high box squats) gradually worked to air squats then oly squats. Focus on the reps not the weight. Good luck brother. You're in my prayers.

I've ruptured both quad tendons. Ideally tendons should be reattached as soon as possible. My first was repaired in two days, my second (12 years later) was repaired two weeks later. There is a noticeable difference between the two repairs and how the quad is activated, but I digress....

Best advice? Don't try to 'speed up' recovery from a tendon repair. Give the tendon time to recover as well as getting the range of motion back in your quad. Rehab will seem like kid's stuff to anyone who has significant gym experience, but I recommend doing exactly what they say and no more....Tendons CAN be re-torn.

Oh, and GH might help too:)

Last edited:
I have ruptured my left patella tendon twice and my right one once. All of these were below the knee. If I had to do it all over again I would do low test, 50mg/Var per day, as much GH as you can afford!!!
I would find the best PT in your area (if there are any professional sports teams in your area I would use them without question)
Find somebody who can do MAT (Muscle Activation Therapy)
And/or find a chiro who can do Graston work on you (or look into gua sha and do it yourself)

Hope this helps! Do not go cheap on therapy; most people will workout payment plans if you can't afford them. Also check CareCredit; it's a 0% credit card for medical stuff.

I was misdiagnosed about 9 years ago by my orthopedist. I fell pulling a loaded smith machine away from the wall, I knew I tore something and was in alot of pain. I was originally told that I had a partial acl tear and a partial quad tear and was braced for 6 weeks. I could not run anymore after this and my leg continues to buckle when I step wrong. I finally went for a new MRI recently when I happened to go for a shouler injury and was told my acl was never torn but one of my quad tendons is completely torn. My doc told me there is a possible surgery that can be done where they take a cadavier tendon and weave it into my quad muscle and attach it, this was my only option and was very rarely done. I opted to just deal with it. I do have some atrophy in my leg and I fall when I step wrong, its like when someone chops your leg from behind, I never feel it coming and just fall, won't be good when I get older. I do still do a decent amount in legs though but not nearly what I use to do.
Get the surgery now and listen to the doc, let it fully heal. GH works for me in helping with healing time after surgeries like this.....good luck

I could not run anymore after this and my leg continues to buckle when I step wrong. I do have some atrophy in my leg and I fall when I step wrong, its like when someone chops your leg from behind, I never feel it coming and just fall, won't be good when I get older.

Finally, someone who can relate to what I deal with! My second 'repair' was done incorrectly, the doctor did not pull my quad back down far enough before reattaching the tendon so I have slack in that quad. Basically instead of the quad being under immediate tension when the knee is bent I have about ten degrees of bend before the quad finally receives tension and fires. No running or skating and numerous falls and stumbles every day.

I have been to two other ortho's and they say that they could sever the tendon, pull the quad down as far as possible and reattach it. They say that while I would have correct quadricep action I would lose some range of motion
in my hamstrings and not be able to pull, or curl, that leg back as far. I would seriously consider this option but paying out of pocket and trying to get 6 months off from work for what is deemed elective surgery have postponed things....

Like you I really wonder what we'll be like as we get older in regards to stumbling and falling....

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws