over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Question for the big guys

jrock00123

Registered
For those that have a achieved a large amount of lean mass and low body fat, how high did you go in scale weight before dieting down?

For this discussion let's define "big" as 210+ and lean (all abs visible and clearly defined). I'm basically wondering if most of you took a slow and steady approach or if you overshot to say 240 and then cut.

So, yes this another thread about "lean bulk" vs "buck / cut". But let's limit the posts to real experience only -- no theory.

I've personally been an advocate of lean bulking. However, my gains are truly slow. Even with a lean bulk, I inevitably put on some body fat along with lean mass. So when I diet down, I am left with about a +5lb net over the course of a year.

I am 210 with nice abs so not the biggest guy on here...I'm a big believer in bulk/cut but I try to limit myself to 40lbs over contest weight. Otherwise it's just too much to get off later!

I am 210 with nice abs so not the biggest guy on here...I'm a big believer in bulk/cut but I try to limit myself to 40lbs over contest weight. Otherwise it's just too much to get off later!

I'm only going 10-15lbs over. I have a few pairs of jeans. They are loose in the summer and tight in the winter. I don't allow my bulks to push me to a new pants size. However, again, I haven't achieved the lean size I shooting for so maybe I have it wrong.

I believe it comes down to upping the dose.

This is a very interesting comment. Perhaps genetics and hormones are truly the drivers. I can gain or lose weight without issue. It is the ratio of lean mass gains to fat loss on either the bulk or cut that determine the net result. Dietary tools such a carb cycling can only do so much in creating a favorable anabolic / catabolic environment.

5 lbs of lean muscle in a year is nothing to be embarrassed about. Perhaps I am not the best person to answer your question because I am only just now getting to see some abs after years of permabulking, but I was up to 255# and 22%bf and have cut to 18% now and 225. I plan to cut another 20 lbs to get to 10% by summer.

My trainer is more like you. He gains 5 to 7 lbs of muscle in a year and never goes above 12 to 13%bf. When he cuts, he only takes off a few lbs at a time. I am hoping to follow his lead in the future. But I have a good response to AAS so I am hoping I can get 10lbs of muscle each year. Ask me again in two years and I'll be able to tell you whether I achieved that.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I'm def not a mass monster but I competed april of 13 (181lbs) after my show I did a 4 week rebound then took off of all aas from mid May until October (got married bought house, renovations etc life!) then I did a 12 week bulk with 4 week recomp. Started at 215 around 12% peaked at about 237lbs at 12 week mark then did a recomp diet for 4 weeks and finished at 224 at 9.5%. I'm currently doing a pct for 45 days then I plan on doing the same again with different compounds. So my next goal is to finish in the 235-240 range under 10%. I did the huge bulks for a few years but I feel like this is much much better.

gaining 50lb's so i can lose 40+ so i can be maybe 10lb's heavier is a lot of work in both directions. gaining 20 to be 10lb's heavier is a lot less work to me.

gaining 50lb's so i can lose 40+ so i can be maybe 10lb's heavier is a lot of work in both directions. gaining 20 to be 10lb's heavier is a lot less work to me.

I guess this is the question. Does the guy that pushes his weight up by 50lb net the same a the guy that gains 20lb? Let's assume good training and moderate AAS use in both cases.

Man, I just can't imagine cutting 40lbs.

Most of the guys on here are bigger then me, but here goes. 50lbs is not that much to gain offseason. In the upper weight classes, some guys put on 25-30lbs in the first week alone. One of the guys I help out went up to 240 and will compete at 185, and was far from fat in the off season.

And................my problem is I can't gain enough weight in the off season. I try, my metabolism just wont allow it.

When did you compete?

Most of the guys on here are bigger then me, but here goes. 50lbs is not that much to gain offseason. In the upper weight classes, some guys put on 25-30lbs in the first week alone. One of the guys I help out went up to 240 and will compete at 185, and was far from fat in the off season.

This is very helpful. I didn't realize that so many big guys are 40-50lb heavier off season.

Thanks for starting this thread as this is something I constantly wonder about as well. You get people saying that you won't get big unless you eat big and are willing to get a little fat. Then others that say staying lean and slowly adding size is the way to go because too much fat will hinder muscle growth.

And................my problem is I can't gain enough weight in the off season. I try, my metabolism just wont allow it.

Yeah, I feel for ya! 300Lbs lean with quads over 30" and arms over 20". Life is rough! You better start eating more. Bahahahaha :D

When I go 40-50lb over, I feel awful. I try to stay within 20lbs.

Yeah, I feel for ya! 300Lbs lean with quads over 30" and arms over 20". Life is rough! You better start eating more. Bahahahaha :D

i thought the same thing. when he said most guys here are bigger than me, i thought "da fuk he talkin bout"?!:eek:

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws