over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Rinsing ground meat.

this is my first time hearing about this practice, I’ve never rinsed round beef before

I used to rinse by ground beef allll the time...i was a huge Dante follower and still am. But this is also when i was trying to save $$$ by buying 90/10 or fattier cuts. Shitty thing is that all the flavor goes when you rinse it. IMO, just buy 96/4 so you don't have to rinse or buy 99/1 ground turkey.

Great idea when you need to save $$$ tho

I used to rinse by ground beef allll the time...i was a huge Dante follower and still am. But this is also when i was trying to save $$$ by buying 90/10 or fattier cuts. Shitty thing is that all the flavor goes when you rinse it. IMO, just buy 96/4 so you don't have to rinse or buy 99/1 ground turkey.

Great idea when you need to save $$$ tho

Yea exactly, it's rinsing away all the flavor, too. To me, rinsed ground beef is boring and tasteless. I just buy slightly leaner and don't worry too much about it unless you're just counting pennies, which is totally understandable.

Yea exactly, it's rinsing away all the flavor, too. To me, rinsed ground beef is boring and tasteless. I just buy slightly leaner and don't worry too much about it unless you're just counting pennies, which is totally understandable.
That’s why you cook unseasoned, rinse, out back on burners for 2-3 minutes with added seasoning. Works for me.

I completely agree... i buy 96% and still rinse it for some reason. Lack of a gall bladder always makes me not want much fat. More of a habit i guess.

If you have a little time buy the lean and cook it over a charcoal grill. That little bit of fat will drain out and give your meat a really nice flame kiss smokey taste favor.

I buy the 90-93% and grill its most of the time to medium with a pink center. So much flavor and lean. Beats eating dry rubberized ground meat artificial loaded with spices any day of the week.

Unless your overly worried about carcinogen, grilling charcoal (no gas) is superior to any other method of cooking especially for flavor. It can make any boring lean cuts like chicken and pork chops even taste good without added spices. Plus its so easy and fun and great way to enjoy taking a few minutes to be outdoors and enjoy the weather if its nice. Plus you don't stink your house house up always cooking food. I grill about 1/2 the time in the non winter months .

I like to just grill all of my ground meat on our gas grill. A lot of fat runs down into the fire, seems to reduce fat content.

Taste even better with charcoal than a gas. But those gas do give a nicer even cook and is slightly less work, but you pay for it in the favor.

That’s why you cook unseasoned, rinse, out back on burners for 2-3 minutes with added seasoning. Works for me.

This x100

1- Cook “the red out”
2- Get the water on the tap as hot as it will go.
3- Rinse off in a colander thoroughly. Rinse the pan you cooked with too.
4- Put the pan back on the burner, then throw the meat in. Season as desired.

Fat won’t coagulate in the drain pipes if you let the hot water run for a minute.

If you don’t believe there will be a difference, try a batch with and without this method. You can taste how much fat has been removed.

This x100

1- Cook “the red out”

Fat won’t coagulate in the drain pipes if you let the hot water run for a minute.

If you don’t believe there will be a difference, try a batch with and without this method. You can taste how much fat has been removed.
Yep. I learned this from Dante nearly 20 years ago now and have done it ever since

This x100

1- Cook “the red out”

Bump bc honestly that's the first productive post I've seen on here in months 😂

This x100

1- Cook “the red out”

Awesome explanation and totally true!

This x100

1- Cook “the red out”

Yes! And the last part is spot on.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner