over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ronnie Coleman's Pre-Contest Diet?

bnutbutter

Newbies
Now, I’d first like to say that I don’t believe this for one second…But.. Ronnie is an absolute genetic freak and its possible… I saw a video of him once eating 8 packets of cheese-flavored microwave grits 6 weeks out from the Mr. O a few years ago so who knows!?!?! This comes from a pretty reliable source who I know for a fact has at least hung out with Ronnie a few times and lives near him in Texas. So, take it for what it’s worth, but apparently this was one of King Ron’s Pre-Contest diets 2 years ago:

Meal 1:
Protein Shake (100 g protein + 20 g carbs)

Meal 2:
12oz Chicken Breast
10oz Baked Potato

Meal 3:
12oz Chicken Breast
10oz Baked Potato

Meal 4:
12oz Turkey Breast
1 Cup White Rice

Meal 5:
12oz Tenderloin Steak
1 Cup White Rice

Meal 6:

Est. Daily Totals:
Calories: 4,300
Protein: 615g
Carbs:
275g
Fats: 75g

Last edited:
looks similar to what you see him eat in his dvd's. wether its true or not is another thing.

i can imagine it working for a guy of his size tho or atleast to start diet with

Now, I’d first like to say that I don’t believe this for one second…

Too much protein?

I totally believe the protein amount. Why not? There's some pros who eat a couple hundred more grams some days.

But you forgot the Masterpiece Barbecue sauce. :D

Thanks for posting that...I now have my next pre contest diet ;)

I believe it but I dont see how the macros add up to those totals though if those are the only foods he is eating...? Unless that steak has 70grams of fat in it.

Thanks for posting that...I now have my next pre contest diet ;)

I believe it but I dont see how the macros add up to those totals though if those are the only foods he is eating...? Unless that steak has 70grams of fat in it.

Maybe butter or sourcream on the potato?

I would have thought that their would be more longer acting carbs rather than the starches he has their but then again I'm very very new to all this diet stuff.

I wonder how much sleep he is getting a day?

Now, I’d first like to say that I don’t believe this for one second…But.. Ronnie is an absolute genetic freak and its possible… I saw a video of him once eating 8 packets of cheese-flavored microwave grits 6 weeks out from the Mr. O a few years ago so who knows!?!?! This comes from a pretty reliable source who I know for a fact has at least hung out with Ronnie a few times and lives near him in Texas. So, take it for what it’s worth, but apparently this was one of King Ron’s Pre-Contest diets 2 years ago:

Meal 1:

Meal 2:
12oz Chicken Breast
10oz Baked Potato

Meal 3:
12oz Chicken Breast
10oz Baked Potato

Meal 4:
12oz Turkey Breast
1 Cup White Rice

Meal 5:
12oz Tenderloin Steak
1 Cup White Rice

Meal 6:

Est. Daily Totals:
Calories: 4,300
Protein: 615g
Carbs:
275g
Fats: 75g

I thought his first meal was Eggology, grits, and cheese? Where is the french fries, beans, and BBQ sauce?

I can also tell you from a VERY RELAIBLE SOURCE that............you are damn close

Why would he be eating white rice during his pre-contest diet? Is that not spiking his insulin? I thought you didn't want to do that while dieting?

Why would he be eating white rice during his pre-contest diet? Is that not spiking his insulin? I thought you didn't want to do that while dieting?

Keep in mind its being consumed with meat, so the GI/GL will be much lower.

If you watch his dvd it shows his diet like 4 weeks out and what Chad has typed up for him and then he shows the next few weeks diet which is the same but a few things taken down a bit calorie wise.

Have you look Jay Cutler's precontest blueprints, he has brown rice sometimes and white rice at other times. I do not think that color of the rice will make or break you, more about how consistent they are with thier meals on a daily basis! They eat a ton, but they carry massive amounts of muscle, so looks about right to me.

Wait... I don't understand what is so incredibly hard to believe about this?

People are still hung up on the completely insignificant glycemic index, that's why white. Just look at Alex Azarian and then tell me (or him) he would be more shredded on brown rice or oatmeal.

People are still hung up on the completely insignificant glycemic index, that's why white. Just look at Alex Azarian and then tell me (or him) he would be more shredded on brown rice or oatmeal.

What's wrong with the glycemic index? It seems that you're saying that for some people, the GI index is not important. I'm trying to clarify... I've been having a debate with someone about this going on 3 days, now. I think that the GI index predicts how much of an insulin spike you're going to get from eating certain foods. Alex is the most lean human being I've ever seen, besides shelby :)

What's wrong with the glycemic index? It seems that you're saying that for some people, the GI index is not important. I'm trying to clarify... I've been having a debate with someone about this going on 3 days, now. I think that the GI index predicts how much of an insulin spike you're going to get from eating certain foods. Alex is the most lean human being I've ever seen, besides shelby :)

Sactosd, the Glycemic Index actually measures how fast a carbohydrate is metabolized. It was originally developed because scientists incorrectly hypothesized that the faster the carbohydrate was digested the more insulin your beta cells produced.

Which we now know is flawed, just look a milk - low GI (27~) but big insulin spike.

This diet looks pretty easy to prepare, as well as can be scaled to any bodyweight...I like that

Protein?

I'm a newbie when it comes to diets. How does that add to 615 Grams of protein? Doesn't 12 Ounces of chicken or turkey usually add up around 50-60 grams of protein?

Looks pretty damn close to me...

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner