over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

rottweiler question...........

Sassy

Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Our Rottweiler is shaking his head and seems to have something wrong with his ears? I am wondering if there is something I can do at home, or do I just bite the bullet and go to the Vet? Things being like they are I'm trying to save money on all fronts as we head into winter...
That said, if there is a real need to go then we are going to the vet!!!
Anyone have experience with this type of thing???

Thanks

This can be related to ear mites or a possible ear infection. Most commonly shaking of the ear can be from ear mites and your best bet is to obtain some ear mite solution from your local pet store that will help with this problem but if there is any discharge, swelling, or redness in the area of the ear it can be more related to infection and you should have her seen by your veterinarian for an evaluation.

THANK YOU.....

No swelling, discharge or redness in his ears.
We'll get the solution and give it a try...
Thank you again

No swelling, discharge or redness in his ears.
We'll get the solution and give it a try...
Thank you again
Has he had a bath recently? Could be water in the ears. Quite common for dogs after a bath or wash. You will ned to get some drops for that also. Butr the earmite thing is possible as well. Just get some ear drops as suggested and put them in twice daily. See if this helps the little fella.

This may seem a bit grose but check them to see if there is strong odor coming from the ears. Odor is an indication od an ear infectio which may require either an oral or topical antibiotic or both.

ewwwww...

No odor, other than general dog smell.
He does need a bath but it's too chilly for all that. No discharge, swelling, redness, or smell so I think we need to try the ear drop route to see if that works. thank you all for taking an interest in our "little guy"!!!

God I miss my rottie...
this is common in them. Could be dryness. When my baby had it I just took her to the vet and got some lotion from them. Wasn't expensive and did the trick in less than 48hrs

Hope he's okay, Sassy.

I wish I had a damn dog! Let us know if he's okay or not.

LOL... Hon, you forgot to log me out again. ;)

He is pretty smelly, but I think it's just typical doggie stink. At first I thought it was ear mites, but he isn't scratching them very much. Just shaking his head. We'll check PetSmart for the ear drops. Hopefully that will do it.

Thanks everyone for your replies. :)

Meanwhile, does anyone know how to fix a PC. If it's not one thing, it's something else. :rolleyes:

how's he doing?
could also be dryness depending on wear you live due to seasons changing. is his skin dry or is he shedding much?
think it's just dry ears and yeah do your petsmart trip and you should be fine

Sounds like.........

A yeast infection. My Pit had the same symptoms, shaking his head alot. Try folding his ear over the ear canal, apply some pressure and rub it. If it sounds wet and sticky that might be the case. Or if you have other dogs, and they are constantly trying to lick(clean) his ears there is something going on. My boy got bad enough that when he shook his head some fluid would come out. Gross! In my situation it took a special creme dropped into his ears twice a day. Also had to start rinsing them once a month with a cleaning solution.

We picked up a kit that had ear cleaner and drops from PetSmart. It seems to be working. He isn't shaking his head as much, so maybe it's getting better.

Thanks everyone for your replies. :)

Have you changed up his eating habits??
ANy new treats?

My dog has food allergies, and the first thing he does is shake his head and rub his ears when he has something that does not sit well with him.

You can swab his/her ear for mites. To the naked eye they will look like dark goo with the ear wax. If he has any reg plays pals you might want the owners to give them a check as well.

Just a quick update on our Rotty... the ear cleaner and drop worked wonders. It's all better now. :cool:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws