over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Running Far and Lifting Heavy

I apologize for not keeping up here as of late. Things got a bit screwy with some coaching seminars I was involved with, plus a cool one I got to go to as a student again finally!

I'll be gearing up, literally, for an equipped meet in mid October. Going to be a damn interesting experiment as it'll be 3 weeks exactly after the 50 mile ultra. My strength right now is solid but it really doesn't matter until you get out past that 13 mile mark for me. As a point of reference, this past weekend we hit deadlifts, I pulled 705 for ALMOST 2 on Saturday, ran a few miles on a hard fucking trail, woke up the next morning at 7 ran a solid 11 miler, then benched 405*3 for the fuck of it. Next day I was still able to front squat 405 for reps for my working sets. That shit will not play out like that once I push over 35-40 miles a week. Very interesting balance to achieve, lol. And to dude up above....That's a fucking SMOKING 10k time!

Yeah I'm going to be subbing to this thread. Only briefly read your website can't wait to spend more time on it. I think I have new goals and something to get excited about now.

Cool to hear, definitely an interesting journey. Been gearing up for first race of the season coming up this weekend. Nothing crazy as its just a half marathon but still will be nice to get a race in!

Ran half marathon this weekend at about 10 min mile pace. That was the goal in build up toward fall. Really hoping to hold a 9 something mile through 50 miler. Its not out of the question but it will be tough for sure.

Thought it'd be cool to link up my log here as well as I really appreciate PM. I'm a fairly new runner but have managed to do a decent job balancing strength and endurance. I just recently finished a 50K Trail run in early January and am currently training for the XPC Finals at The Arnold in early March.

Previous to that I did a meet, 1/2 Marathon, and finished with a sub 6 minute mile all in the same weekend.

PLMeetHalfMarathon666: http://youtu...o see someone lifting and doing cardio though

Lol.... I did a full meet the day before. I felt pretty decent about holding 9 min mile pace. You must be an incredible walker, lmao!

The mile is not a big deal, the 13 in a row is. They were separate events. I wanted to be able to see if I could continue to build on having done short distance and then move into true endurance. Being bigger does make it tough to keep up with the fleet foot runners but at the same time I went from zero miles to that in about 6 months. My initial time for just a mile was almost 11 minutes. Could another person do better? Absolutely, and I hope others do in fact start to get the itch to try. So no offense taken but do think before just throwing half ass statements out there. A walking pace is 15-20 min miles...

Hey, me too! Running is a year over year thing, just like lifting. I'm happy with how far I've managed to come, it's pretty crazy really. However, the bigger part is that really I'm still in the beginning stages of improving the endurance end, it's exciting to know I've got potentially many years of significant improvement ahead!

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws