over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

SAN ANTONIO?

RONJON

Kilo Klub Member
As most of my good bros here know it looks like I will be moving there this summer. Any feedback on good gyms in the UTSA area? I also saw there is a Costco pretty close which I have heard is a really good wholesale place for getting food...

Thanks for any info
RONJON

as far gyms in the utsa area go the only one close by is golds and it bout 10 mins away.or u can go to utsa's gym it a couple yrs old i think. there is a really great hardcore gym about 30 mins from the utsa area its called olympic gym.former worlds strongest woman jill mills train there.we have a few pro pros that train in town also.

and u said your moving here in the summer.if your not from south texas or have ever been here thats the wrong time of yr to b here. last summer we had i believe it was atleast 70+ days in a row in 100+ degree:de:il-smi!!!!!!
y u moving here any ways???

Cool thanks man. I got accepted into UTSA..i might check out the gym on campus first. Where do you shop for food bro?..that Costco pretty good?

Hey Bro, I just moved from San Antonio 4 months ago after living there for a year.

You'd be surprised to know that there aren't too many bodybuilders in Sa, and as a result not too many hard core gyms to choose from. There aren't very many healthy eating options either, I would reccomend El Pollo Loco's chicken and the chicken from Taco Cabana. Surprising to me that 80% of SA is out of shape.

As far as Gyms go you have Lifetime, Golds Gym, Spectrum, Planet Fitness, bally's and there are 2 PL type gyms as well with one of those being Olympic gym.

For grocery stores, you basically have H-E-B (San Antonio's only true grocery store), Walmart, Target, Costco, and Sam's.

I used to live on the Northside. If you have any questions about living there let me know.

I have since moved back to Fl, but I do miss San Antonio sometimes.

Cool thanks man. I got accepted into UTSA..i might check out the gym on campus first. Where do you shop for food bro?..that Costco pretty good?

if u have never been to sa u will be surpise as to the amount of fat asses that make up the population . i think were number 1 or 2 in the nation for the fattest city.

i never been to that costco but my buddy works there and says its worth the membership.

if u want to know so good joints to go eat let me know.theres a reson were at the top of the fat list in the nation.

if u have never been to sa u will be surpise as to the amount of fat asses that make up the population . i think were number 1 or 2 in the nation for the fattest city.

i never been to that costco but my buddy works there and says its worth the membership.

if u want to know so good joints to go eat let me know.theres a reson were at the top of the fat list in the nation.

Yeah I can't lie, SA has some good fast food options and I miss authentic tortillas.

here a example of y were the fattest city.

**broken link removed**

RJ, good move. Its only about 4 hours from the metroplex area, been there many times and I have a blast. Good luck.

San Antonio is really not the fittest city. There are a bunch of Gold's Gyms here and there's one by UTSA. I understand that UTSA's gym is pretty good. Otherwise if you can head out to Olympic, you'll really like it. Lot's of pro's and nationally ranked bodybuilders have trained there. Not to mention there's a lot of high quality strength athletes there.

Food here is CHEAP but fattening. I buy most of my stuff at Costco's and my supplements from FX.

Hit me up if you have any questions.

Good Luck in your studies.

Thank you guys for all these tips and info. I really appreciate it.

I am very disiplined and hopefully wont have a problem with staying in shape..really good to hear that the campus gym might be decent since it will be part of tuition. And really looking forward to seeing this Olympic Gym!

I am really blessed to be on track to being a PT so I will not take the opportunity for granted. ...I am going to try to keep training and dieting as hard as I possibly can. Also really want to check out that Costco as it sounds like thats where Ill be getting my chicken, eggs, etc. in bulk.

You guys kick ass
Much Respect
RON

I like very little about this city, but it could be worse.... summers are like 9 months long and unbearable, lots of "mexicans with sharpies" types of people (if you know what I mean), the far north and north/east areas are very nice and clean though.

Joe's gym is THE gym around here, supposedly Olympic as well .... Reds Gym was awesome but closed down.

Diana Chaloux and her D2Bfit company seemed like they were going to start doing fitness conventions and such here but that didn't last long at all... honestly, Taco Bell conventions would probably do better here.

UTSA's new gym is BIG, never worked out there even though I had free access so I don't know if the equipment is actually useful or fluff, but the place was huge... very packed though.

I like very little about this city, but it could be worse.... summers are like 9 months long and unbearable, lots of "mexicans with sharpies" types of people (if you know what I mean), the far north and north/east areas are very nice and clean though.

Joe's gym is THE gym around here, supposedly Olympic as well .... Reds Gym was awesome but closed down.

Diana Chaloux and her D2Bfit company seemed like they were going to start doing fitness conventions and such here but that didn't last long at all... honestly, Taco Bell conventions would probably do better here.

UTSA's new gym is BIG, never worked out there even though I had free access so I don't know if the equipment is actually useful or fluff, but the place was huge... very packed though.

Thanks bro..can't wait to check all this stuff out. Gunna make a road trip up there ASAP to check things out..

Any good apartments near UTSA you would suggest?

I work with one of the cheerleaders there. I'll get the scoop on the apartments.

Wow it looks like the fitness center might be pretty nice

YouTube - UTSA Campus Rec Video June 2008

It really is, the old one was complete garbage but the new one seriously rivals an upscale health club.... again I don't know how useful the stuff is, one of my friends back there did say they had at least on squat rack and one deadlift platform as well as a lot of the more usefull equipment. You can't argue with a free gym that has one of the biggest rock climbing walls in the state and a freakin LAZY RIVER in it lol.

UTSA's location is awesome, your literally walking distance from the la cantera resort and mall (the most upscale mall in the entire city.... you WILL see ferraris and aston martins cruising around there from time to time), Six Flags is in La Cantera as well. About five minutes away by car is The Rim, a gigantic new, upscale shopping center as well as TONS of fast food joints, a cosco, a super-wal mart, sams and one of the bigger local grocery stores.

Know nothing about apartments but there are a few on UTSA blvd. which I think are all on the shuttle route and they all look very nice.

Some buildings have cool views, I remember one computer classroom in the humanities building had a view of the damn rollercoaster at six flags lol, you can't imagine how distracting that is.

There is one Max Muscle in Thousand Oaks I think, there are also several Cost Plus Nutrition stores (local chain) that has a pretty wide variety of stuff, all rip-offs though, online is obviously the way to go. Sun Harvest is a local "organic/hippie" type grocery store lol, but great place to buy stuff like oats, rice etc. in bulk, huge selection of supplements too.
I think that covers it all.

Last edited:
It really is, the old one was complete garbage but the new one seriously rivals an upscale health club.... again I don't know how useful the stuff is, one of my friends back there did say they had at least on squat rack and one deadlift platform as well as a lot of the more usefull equipment. You can't argue with a free gym that has one of the biggest rock climbing walls in the state and a freakin LAZY RIVER in it lol.

UTSA's location is awesome, your literally walking distance from the la cantera resort and mall (the most upscale mall in the entire city.... you WILL see ferraris and aston martins cruising around there from time to time), Six Flags is in La Cantera as well. About five minutes away by car is The Rim, a gigantic new, upscale shopping center as well as TONS of fast food joints, a cosco, a super-wal mart, sams and one of the bigger local grocery stores.

Know nothing about apartments but there are a few on UTSA blvd. which I think are all on the shuttle route and they all look very nice.

Some buildings have cool views, I remember one computer classroom in the humanities building had a view of the damn rollercoaster at six flags lol, you can't imagine how distracting that is.

There is one Max Muscle in Thousand Oaks I think, there are also several Cost Plus Nutrition stores (local chain) that has a pretty wide variety of stuff, all rip-offs though, online is obviously the way to go. Sun Harvest is a local "organic/hippie" type grocery store lol, but great place to buy stuff like oats, rice etc. in bulk, huge selection of supplements too.
I think that covers it all.

WOW..It sure does cover it all!!! Thanks so much..you REALLY got me fired up about going and checking everything out! CAN'T WAIT!!! THANKS A BUNCH!!!

^^^BUMP...I will be there in another month. Gunna workout at UTSA's gym. It is big and really nice although id like more weights..but hell its better than the gym I workout at now.

If anyone lives in SA and wants to hit up a workout or anything let me know.
My plan is to try and find a workout partner since just me and my GF will be down there.

RJ

Although I miss SA, that city is really a dump.:eek:

Although I miss SA, that city is really a dump.:eek:

yea ive heard to be careful of gangs and stuff:eek: ...Oh well gotta do what you gotta do to get that degree I guess.

Hope I can find a good workout partner while im there I am really gunna try and keep up with my bodybuilding the best I can while im in school

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity