over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

separated ac joint

relentless4287

Registered
Anyone one have this happen and been able to get the bump to go away. I'm so bummed out about it going to kerlan jobe tomorrow to see my options but stressed about being able to complete with a lump at the end of my trap

I think only surgery will fx it since you have stretched and damaged the ligaments so much

Yea that's what I'm fearing its a third degree separation I just hope I'll come back looking the same and being strong as I was just starting to feel I was rdy for my first show this coming year

Weaver–Dunn procedure
google it... best option it you need it

I have a grade 2 tear in my ac.. Surgery is required for repair, but i don't have health insurance..

Our medicare system only covers grade 3.. (which is total separation)..

There are usually two ways to carry out procedure, neither of which are nice..

I have the bump on my right shoulder.. has gotten worse over time, yet i manage with regular myo work and a good chiro..

I have a seperated a.c. and a permanent bump

Its easy to mis diagnos. Whether its 1 2 or 3

Get a few opinions

Thanks guys yea I'm going to get diff opinions and I've heard you can get it shaved down for cosmetic reason this has me so depressed with a lump like that there's no way I'd be able to compete at a national lvl.

Well I want the surgery just don't want months and months of recovery this sucks anyone had weaver Dunn and lifting hvy again and how long was it there's a doc in Texas mark sanders that does another procedure and says 3 months top I'd be back at it hard does all the MX guys

I had a Grade 2 as of 8 months ago and completely took out all flat pressing (pretty pathetic because I can't do any OH pressing due to multiple SLAP tears and osteoarthritis)....

I literally only did dips, which surprisingly don't hurt my shoulders at all. Dips and flies were my only chest exercises and I did those for about 10 weeks. Don't have health insurance right now so I'll probably have to wait another year before i go to a doctor to have it checked out.

AC joint separations aren't insanely painful (depending on tolerance level) so I would find out what feels ok for you. Tough answer...either train around it or surgery dude.

I've been to five docs and I am even talking to a guy mark sanders that has an insane track record with these in the MX field and athletes it might be where I end up going he looked at xrays and says a grade five and I'll be unhappy in a year if I don't operate.
Sandersclinic.net

It has been almost three years since my grade 3 AC joint sprain. I do have the bump, but it's really only noticeable to me and my physical therapist anyway. I did not have the surgical repair, and my shoulder has healed very well over time. Intense physical therapy including ART, AIS, myofacial release, and other forms of stretching and stabilization exercises are a must. I can still rest pause a set of BB Decline bench press for 405 lbs and 12 reps. As long as I keep up with stability exercises and physical therapy, besides removing all flat bench movements, my lifting and overall strength has been unaffected. I am actually stronger now than before the injury.

BEAST

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner