advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

set a new personal best, and LOVING the easy squat bar!

Max32

Registered
I'm hoping it is me doing these that is the reason my jeans are not fitting anymore (hoping quad/ham and not ass :D)! After having shoulder surgery 2 months ago on an OLD injury, have been doing these since and legs 2x wk since shoulder chest and arm training is not optimal...

Today got 5 plates a side, which I think is 525 lbs for 18 reps, a tad below parallel....a month ago or so when I posted the initial video, it was for 9, so making some improvements...still really feeling that more in my sweep, with less strain on hips, back and glutes...I'll see if I can get Greg at Metroflex to film me next time I shoot for 20...hope everyone is well out there...

also, what's up with the incredible shrinking avatars..LOL

Last edited:
very impressive max. i would love to know your entire squat routine if you dont mind?

very impressive max. i would love to know your entire squat routine if you dont mind?

Nothing in stone bro, for example....today:

warm up: seated leg curl

140x40
200x20
240x12
240x10-12

safety bar free squat:

1 plate, 2, 3, 4 a side all for 10 reps warm up

5 plates a side(525) x 18
" x 16
" x 10

leg extension
200-220 x 10-20 reps for 4 sets

leg press 9 plates a side, 2 rest pause sets for 50 reps

hack squat
4 plates a side x 20
5 plates x 15
6 plates x 8

lying leg curls
200 x 6-10 reps x 4 sets

The other day is a hamstring dominant day with less quad work....

thanks for the routine bro

5 plates a side is 495,, Still impressive as hell.. There's a video of Tom Plates doing 500lb squats for 23 reps (I think) on Youtube. You might be able to surpass him.

the bar weighs more than 45 lbs, 70-75 lbs...for me easier than regular bar squats, others think these are harder, 6 of one, half a dozen of the other type thing I guess...

the bar weighs more than 45 lbs, 70-75 lbs...for me easier than regular bar squats, others think these are harder, 6 of one, half a dozen of the other type thing I guess...

I just thought of that,, your right, I've used those bars before. Wish my current gym had one.

I can't wait to be back in Dallas so I can be back at Metroflex.

*kicks dirt*

Yea Id like to see a video.
I think Ive only seen one of those bars used by one set of guys around here if its what Im thinking of..... Bar has a funny bend in it and you dont grab it with your arms like you would a normal squat bar? Like a No hand Squat?
Lifting in a cage?

Yea Id like to see a video.
I think Ive only seen one of those bars used by one set of guys around here if its what Im thinking of..... Bar has a funny bend in it and you dont grab it with your arms like you would a normal squat bar? Like a No hand Squat?
Lifting in a cage?

bingo, that is the one, thick black bar with black pad in shape of "U" in center.... some like to hold onto small area in front of U shaped pad, while others put hands on bar or pins in front of them like myself... I am sure that helps some in terms of weight for helping me balance a bit.... I will ask Greg to video next wk when I shoot for 20 :cool: , this bar has kept my sanity in terms of a new challenge while my upper body takes a bit of a back seat due to surgery...

Last edited:
crazy strong lift.....wish my gym had one of these "extras" so that i could get back to back squatting...can only do front squats for now due to a shoulder injury....

crazy strong lift.....wish my gym had one of these "extras" so that i could get back to back squatting...can only do front squats for now due to a shoulder injury....

thanks bro...

HOLY shit! never saw that bar before. I wish i could use that. and BTW nice shifting of poundages.

I watched your video, Max.

I'm hoping it is me doing these that is the reason my jeans are not fitting anymore (hoping quad/ham and not ass :D)! After having shoulder surgery 2 months ago on an OLD injury, have been doing these since and legs 2x wk since shoulder chest and arm training is not optimal...

Today got 5 plates a side, which I think is 525 lbs for 18 reps, a tad below parallel....a month ago or so when I posted the initial video, it was for 9, so making some improvements...still really feeling that more in my sweep, with less strain on hips, back and glutes...I'll see if I can get Greg at Metroflex to film me next time I shoot for 20...hope everyone is well out there...

also, what's up with the incredible shrinking avatars..LOL

I like the looks of that safety squat bar! Good lift too. Does that bar keep the weight more in a direct line through the body? It looks like it's good for the back...all leg.

I like the looks of that safety squat bar! Good lift too. Does that bar keep the weight more in a direct line through the body? It looks like it's good for the back...all leg.

it does man, has helped put on some quick size to my legs and less strain on back, hips, etc.... especially help in quad sweep...

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws