over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Sleep, GH, and lipids.

Thisiswhoiam

Newbies
For starters

I have an awesome Dr.

She tested me properly and got me on TRT, which drastically improved my quality of life

She let's me take control of my care and let's me explore what may or may not work for me. She let me play around with my TRT dosage until we nailed it in the top range. (Without going over... 😞 lol )

Additionally, together we are VERY VERY proactive on my heart health. Working on bring on my lipids down into the normal range. Some all are optimal. Some a okay. 1 is in the risk category.
The attached image of my bloodwork is a drastic improvement from my previous blood work after taking Tren and Var.
In addition to this blood work I also had an ultrasound done on my carotid arteries to look at wall thickness and plaque build up and results came back that everything looks outstanding.

Time to get to the point.
I work nights. I am scheduled to be off around 2am. Some nights I am, others turn into 20hr days. And some days my kids wake me up 3 hours into my sleep.

I know growth hormone can aid in sleep. I was looking at studies on how the sleep patterns of night workers/day sleepers effect natural secretion of growth hormone and the verbiage threw me off in regards to the conclusion of that study.
I read another that shows Growth Hormone can and does improve lipid profiles.

I AM NOT LOOKING TO GET PRESCRIBED HGH

HOWEVER, I would like to discuss with my doctor the benefits of GHRH and GHRP to improve sleep and lipids.

If you were me how would you approach this conversation. My goal is to be prescribed peptides and not replace my natural Gh prodction.

Ask any follow-up questions for clarification.
Screenshot_20230906_030321_Drive.jpg

HDL and triglycerides are pretty good. What are your hormone levels and any meds for lipids?

HDL and triglycerides are pretty good. What are your hormone levels and any meds for lipids?
I have yet to have GH tested.

I will include reference range top due to variation in testing.

Free test 156.9 (top of reference 224)
Bio available test 315 (top reference 575)
Total test 966 (top of reference 1100)
Current TRT dosage is 120mg ( .2ml 3x week @ 200mg per ml)

No meds for lipids.
My main goal is to reduce inflammation markers at this point

Red yeast rice, krill oil & fish oil, more cardio & whatever other health supps youre taking should help with lipids.

Sleep will be your battle as you are likely working against your circadian rhythms.

Love to hear some experts chime in with how GH increases sleep quality (IE: not just "I slept like the dead" but rather the increase in valuable sleep NREM etc)

Sleep will be your battle as you are likely working against your circadian rhythms.

Love to hear some experts chime in with how GH increases sleep quality (IE: not just "I slept like the dead" but rather the increase in valuable sleep NREM etc)
That's exactly what I am thinking. Obviously I can get peptides (not hard).

With the my doctor being open minded and for preventative care rather than reactive care, I would love to present legitimate reasons to get it that way.

Your response just helped me open a rabbit hole of different searches into different medical studies.

Before I was searching if night workers had reduced GH levels.

I just looked up night workers risk of stroke. I found rotating night shift work was associated with a 4% increased risk of stroke for every 5 years.
Another study also said there is an increase risk of heart disease like AFib.

So I searched if GH reduces AFib and saw that deficient and excess GH can contribute to AFib. During this I saw some related studies mentioning the effects gh has on the immune system.
So me not having a spleen and the spleen playing a role in the immune system I looked into that.
I found studies that showed poor spleen function or no spleen is associated with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.

All my liver levels are good but I was advised after some scans that it appears I am at the beginning stages of NAFLD. Given that I am not fat and in good shape that Dr. (Not my current) seemed a little confused and told me to keep an eye on it.

And what is shown to reduce liver fat and inflammation? Yup GH.

I would love to hear others thoughts on this rabbit hole.
But I think I might have built enough reasoning to take to my doctor and explore getting a prescription for a few peptides.

Good sleep = better life obviously.

I have tracked my sleep, using a smart watch, since April of this year. Yes, obviously there are lots of more factors. IE: Life stress, blah blah...but it would be impossible to isolate all variables.

I took the following supplements:

Alpha Lion Sleep
Magnesium
Melatonin
Gaba
Fade Out
THC
Tumeric Golden Milk
GH
Ativan
Pain killers (I have a shit shoulder that causes me to wake sometimes)

Since April:
Average Sleep time 6:57
Deep Sleep 43mins
REM 75mins
Awake time 66 (movement during sleep)

Highest REM sleep was obtained by using a supplement called Alpha Lion Sleep OR Nyquil. 120mins and 105mins respectively

Highest Deep sleep was obtained with Alpha Lion. 77mins

I have taken GH @ 3iu 15 times prior to bed. This resulted in averages of the following:
Deep Sleep 50.5m
REM 54.5m
Awake time 91m

For me GH does not seem like the solution for sleeping better.

Good sleep = better life obviously.

I have tracked my sleep, using a smart watch, since April of this year. Yes, obviously there are lots of more factors. IE: Life stress, blah blah...but it would be impossible to isolate all variables.

I took the following supplements:

Alpha Lion Sleep
Magnesium
Melatonin
Gaba
Fade Out
THC
Tumeric Golden Milk
GH
Ativan
Pain killers (I have a shit shoulder that causes me to wake sometimes)

Since April:
Average Sleep time 6:57
Deep Sleep 43mins
REM 75mins
Awake time 66 (movement during sleep)

Highest REM sleep was obtained by using a supplement called Alpha Lion Sleep OR Nyquil. 120mins and 105mins respectively

Highest Deep sleep was obtained with Alpha Lion. 77mins

I have taken GH @ 3iu 15 times prior to bed. This resulted in averages of the following:
Deep Sleep 50.5m
REM 54.5m
Awake time 91m

For me GH does not seem like the solution for sleeping better.
So I think you miss understood the point of my post.
It not about using Gh to sleep better.

It's about using legitimate reasoning and facts to take to the doctor...

The initial post was about talking to my doctor about how sleeping the exact opposite of a natural sleep schedule hinders GH production (not using gh to sleep better)
In my reply to your last post it was about how gh can improve other bodily functions when in an optimal range.

I track my sleep too. And it's decent. But just the opposite schedule.

Over the last year Garmin stats
Average 8hr 17 min
Average Rem 3-4 hours
Deep is usual 15-30min
Highes is 91min.

I stopped using melatonin makes me feel groggy.
Best support for me
Zinc+magnesium powder
Magnesium powder alone
ZMA

I would say take a statin if you can't get the LDL down below 100 with diet. Most of the time, (the majority) diet does not work because cholesterol seems to be more genetic than anything else. I can't even say that LDL is really the thing that's bad for you but it's the thing they can treat and it's part of the process of plaque formation.

You really only need 5mg of rovostatin (crestor) like 85% of the efficacy of the drug is in the first few mg of dosage. The Dr will write for ridiculously high doses like 20mg or even 40mg. Just break them up and take a little bit. A little statin goes a loooooong way. My LDL shot up after 20 years and I ran every day and diet ect coulden't get it to move at all then I added the statin and now I'm slowly trying to get my LDL to come up a little (it's in the 45-50) Which the Dr love but I think is way too low.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131